2013 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,580 - $21,649.

10/8.3

8.1

Based on 170 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Good fuel economy with CVT.

By on Friday, December 27, 2013

Pros: "Excellent fuel economy, Standard rearview camera,"

Cons: "wind noise, ride quality, useless fog light,"

"I was comparing this car with VW Passat SE 2.5L. The reason why I chose the Accord was fuel economy and reliability. Fuel economy is pretty good. I got 32mpg on 422miles of mixed driving. I'm pretty sure I can squeeze more when I drive for longer trips with mostly hwy driving. The interior is roomy and comfortable. However, the ride quality isn't really good. It's too stiff. I can feel every little bumps on the road. Toyota and VW have better rides than Honda for sure. Also 2013 & 14 accords have wind noise problem around B pillar. Google it and you'll see lots of people complaining. I thought in 2014 model is fixed but mine has one so I'll be visiting honda service dept soon. Another complain I have is since the front seats are low, using the fog lights won't you do any good. You won't notice even if you turn it on. So it's useless. There is no split rear seats and that's a disappointment. Other than that, CVT is impressive. You don't feel like you're driving a CVT. Lane Watch camera is pretty fun and everything else is smooth."

Great Car that Holds Excellent Value

By on Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Pros: "Great options for price, good styling, great room"

Cons: "Under powered, No Sunroof for Sport"

"It's rated as the highest resale sedan in the US market for decades and that's because the Accord continues to be one of the most reliable and comfortable sedans you can purchase for your money. I've had my Sport sedan for a little over a year now and love it. The only thing I would change is adding some additional horsepower for the size and weight of the car."

Good car with some irritating design flaws

By on Sunday, December 22, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, quiet, planted, roomy, attractive"

Cons: "Design issues reduce driving pleasure"

"I recently bought the 2014 Accord Sport with a 6-speed manual. I think it’s a fine car but a few design oversights, clustered around the driver, are really frustrating–especially when past Honda efforts lead you to expect the details to be well thought out. GOOD - Comfortable - Quiet, planted - Roomy interior - Attractive inside and out ONLY OK - The anti-lock brakes engage too soon (Colorado driver) - Ride could be a little more compliant, especially on concrete roads - Why couldn’t I get the v-6 with the manual transmission? While the drivetrain is adequate, the 4-cyl is kind of a paper tiger DESIGN ISSUES - The windshield wipers leave the residue line right in front of the driver’s line of sight - The console is located so far back that only the point of my elbow can rest on it - The sun visor sticks right into your forehead when you rotate it to the side - The driver’s side rear view mirror has a convex section that makes you nauseous every time you look at it - The rear seat folds down only as a block; stupid"

2013 Saved my life

By on Friday, December 20, 2013

Pros: "MPG, Safety, Size, Manual Transmission Option,"

Cons: "Hill assist, Bi-fold mirror, Trunk Noises at idle,"

"I had a 2013 which was hit head on by a drunk driver about 2 weeks after purchasing it. The car saved my life. The Drunk was in a full sized truck, and although the Accord was totaled, i do not think i would be writing this if it were not for that car. I went out and purchased a 2014 sport with a 6-speed to replace the LX in which i had prior. The differences between the 13 and 14 are very small, although the 14 has better paint. I am 6'2" tall, there is still enough room behind me for my father who is 6'4" to fit without his knees touching the back of my seat. I love this car, it is big, the 4cyl is plenty quick (0-60 6.5 with the manual) and i average 29MPG. Cost to fill is about 38.00 at 3.19 a gallon. I typically get 445-525 miles per tank. (Not broken in yet) The trunk is huge, the body lines make it look like a much more expensive car. BAD: There is a lot of cabin noise from exhaust notes at idle. I don't think the trunk has enough sound proofing. It doesn't bother me yet, but i am sure it will get annoying. The hill assist is really more of a problem then help, as it doesn't always work, changes the grab point of the clutch, and makes entering an intersection on a hill "interesting". There is a bi-fold in the mirror, which is really stupid.. They claim it helps with blind spots, but if you know how to drive, this will get annoying.. (Changed the mirror glass with a 2012 mirror glass) Verdict: I would recommend this car to anyone who needs a bigger car, its comfortable, gets great MPG, and looks sharp. It's very safe "Proved that", and since it is a honda, it will likely run forever."

Great car

By on Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, love all the cameras and warnings."

Cons: "None that I've found so far"

"I will be sorry when the lease ends, but I may buy it then. Haven't finished testing it in econo mode but have gotten over 36 mpg at 70 mph. But one has great acceleration if one wants it. Best of all worlds."