2013 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,534 - $20,415.

10/8.3

8.2

Based on 158 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

OUTSTANDING CAR AND VALUE

By on Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Pros: "PERFORMANCE, COMFORT, FUN TO DRIVE, GREAT VALUE"

Cons: "NO SIX DISC CD PLAYER"

"MY EXL-V6 REGULARLY GETS 34 MILES PER GALLON WHILE DRIVING ON THE HIGHWAY WITH OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE AND COMFORT. IT RIDES LIKE A BMW 5 SERIES AT LESS THAN HALF THE COST. PASSING ON TWO LANE ROADS IS EFFORTLESS. THE CAMERAS, LANE DEPARTURE WARNING SYSTEM AND ETC HAVE ADDED TO DRIVING ENJOYMENT. THE LEATHER INTERIOR IS VERY COMFORTABLE. HONDA HAS REALLY OUTDONE THEMSELVES."

AMERICAN Honda - Called AMERICAN for a Reason

By on Friday, July 19, 2013

Pros: "Great styling overall."

Cons: "Poor mechanics overall. See NHTSA Complaints."

"Major mechanical failure at 9,200 miles. Replaced transmission and torque converter. Major warranty commitment failure at 9,900 miles. AMERICAN Honda has adopted the warranty service policies of Ford, Chrysler and GM. Tell the owner there is nothing wrong, the vehicle operates normally. Do not fix the problem if it is costly or difficult. Make it the consumer's problem."

This is an outstanding car.

By on Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pros: "Value, Ride, Comfort"

Cons: "Passenger side leg room, radio and driver mirror"

"We bought a 2013 Accord EX-L about 2.5 months ago. We now have ~7k miles on it. This is only the second Honda I have owned. We evaluated most of the vehicles in this class. For the most part, you can’t go wrong. They are all good vehicles and great values. Ultimately, our choice came down to the Ford Fusion SE (Loaded, 1.6 EcoBoost) or the Accord EX-L. We drove each multiple times before making a decision. We went with the Accord because a) it was a little more refined and b) it achieved similar MPG with much simpler technology and c) the reviews on the MFT were so mixed that I just could not get comfortable with it. Truth be told, I wanted to go with the Ford for I wanted to buy American but didn’t for the reasons above. The Accord is very close to perfect. It is extremely comfortable and smooth. Now, here is the really surprising and good news. The MPG has been much better than advertised. All measurements are using the car’s onboard computer so I acknowledge that the accuracy is subject to the manufacturer quality. My extended family lives about 350 miles away. The path there is roughly divided into three equal segments (>100 miles each) that have distinctly different speeds: 70 MPH (drove ~78ish), 60 MPH (drove ~65ish) and 55 (drove 58ish). I reset the computer at each segment. Here are the amazing results (remember, the car Highway is rated at 35 MPG): @ 78MPH – 34.5 MPG, @ 65 MPH – 37 MPG and @ 58ish – 41.3 MPG. I was blown away by those numbers but have to admit it was ideal conditions (flat, Highway). So, we took the car 1,400 miles to Indiana. Round trip including 80+ MPH, Mountains (both ways), 2 days city driving and up to 4 people in the car at times … 34.5MPG!!! Way cool. THINGS THAT ARE LESS THAN PERFECT: The radio sound is lacking bass. It is not exciting. The passenger side leg room is MUCH less than the driver side. The firewall seems to be set at different points. Finally, the driver side mirror has a section that is for blind spots. It is more distracting than helpful. Overall, I paid 27k OTD and thought it was a great value. My wife is the primary driver and absolutely loves it. If I told her “either that car goes or I go”, I am not sure what her answer would be!!! (Kidding)."

Great car for the money

By on Monday, July 15, 2013

Pros: "Nothing but praise for this car"

"Initially, I planned to purchase a new Fusion with the large 4 cylinder turbo. Due to limited availability, I became impatient and bought a 2013 Accord Sport with the six speed manual transmission. I have nothing but praise for this car. This car delivers the most car for the money in my opinion. For $ 23,000 I bought a car that has every feature I need and none that I didn't really want. Over 10,000 miles, the car has averaged 32.2 MPG. Over the last 700 miles of driving in slightly flatter terrain than normal and at varying speeds below 70mph, the car has averaged 36.5 mpg. I have used the econo mode for probably 70% of the miles driven on this car. My Accord drives much better than my 2008 Camry SE V-6. My Accord has a firm ride which I personally like. I think this contributes to the great driving characteristics of this car but some may consider the ride too firm for a car of this type. I have no complaints after 8 months of ownership. In fact, I am strongly considering trading our 2008 Camry for another Accord for my wife."

Nice car over all, needs some minor changes

By on Sunday, July 07, 2013

Pros: "Interior and features"

Cons: "Desined to work with I Phones not Android phones"

"Stiff ride, blind spot camera is useless at night, would prefer the older style blind spot detection. Interior is very nice. It has plenty of power. My transmission failed at 150 miles but I realize this can happen in manufacturing and is extremely rare."