2013 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,534 - $20,415.

10/8.3

8.2

Based on 157 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

The Best Designed Accord Sedan To Date

By on Friday, June 20, 2014

Pros: "Great Restyle, Strong Resale & Reliability"

Cons: "Sport Trim lacks factory moonroof option"

Best Color Combination in My opinion

"All new for 2013, the Accord has 2-new trim levels. The renamed LX-S is now Sport, and the top of the line trim is called Touring which follow's what was done with the Odyssey van trim levels. We went with the Sport Trim this time as we trade Accords every 5-yrs as Honda uses a 5-yr cycle of body styles for this model, so each year ending in a 3 or 8 is a new body style year for the Accord. In the past we have had EX & EX-L trim as we enjoy the benefits of sensing added cabin room via the power moonroof. We are both shorter than 5'6", so head room has never been an issue for us re: the moonroof. The Sport Trim does NOT come with a moonroof, so we had one added as we really liked the design and aggressive stance the Sport projects. Standard rear spoiler, dual chrome tipped exhaust, and sharp 18" alloys look very sharp on the car. This is our 5th Accord Sedan, and each seems to be a step up from its predecessor, although we have had favorite models(generations) of the Accord Sedan. The 1st Accord sedan for me was a 1984 model that I purchased used in 1986 as a new Accord trade in. I drove it for 3-yrs and then bought a 1988 left over in the Spring of 1989 as I started my career. The 1993-1998 Model was my least liked Accord Generation. Honda does reinforce the idea that technology & automobiles improve with time, and the 2013 Generation proves this well. The new 'Earth Engine's' promotes stellar performance & fuel economy that use to only be found in the civic. Take a test drive and see for yourself, the 2013 model restyle was well done and reflect the true benefits of owning a Honda Accord Sedan !"

Best Color Combination in My opinion

Great performance, good ride, and great MPG

By on Friday, June 20, 2014

Pros: "Styling, performance, and MPG"

"I have had my Accord V-6 coupe for a year now. No probelms. Averages about 30-31 MPG overall and will get up to 37 MPG on the highway. City/highway driving is about 40/60. Has smooth, comfortable ride with good head and shoulder room. Comfortable seats and all instrumentation is well laid out. Has power to spare and you don't need the Sport Mode in the 6-speed transmission. Eco botton is useless as I have found I get better gas mileage with it never engaged."

I'd miss it if it were traded in

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

Pros: "Value, solid construction, fun to drive."

Cons: "Seats could be more comfortable with extra padding"

"This is a strange way to start a review but I've been disappointed by so many new cars in recent years that it seems appropriate. A dealer asked me, "You trade for new cars far more often than the normal person. Why is that?" My answer: "If I like a car, I'll keep it but won't live with one I don't". No worries any longer with this new Accord as I truly would miss not having it so if that's a strange endorsement, so be it. The Accord Sport does everything very well. Not outstanding, mind you, but very well and that degree of consistency is hard to find. Could it be more powerful? Yes but there's more than enough there to zoom onto an interstate from an entry ramp, quickly pass a 18 wheeler in the rain, or to feel the rush of quick acceleration. Could it handle better? Yes again, but realizing this is not a $50,000+ exotic of some kind, it handles competently. The seating comfort is just okay for me. I've had better but also have had worse so it gets a solid B-. MPG in mixed driving is getting close to 30mpg and I don't baby it so that's spectacular in my view. I'm keeping this one for at least another 3-4 years and that's as big a recommendation as there is when it comes to my picky preferences for new cars. I really would miss it too much not to have it."

Accord Sport is the best value and best looking.

By on Thursday, June 05, 2014

Pros: "Great Price, 8" display, Lots of room"

Cons: "Speaker quality could be better"

"Honda did a good job on their new accord. I purchased the 2014 Accord Sport. I think that the sport model is the best value because you get the nicer wheels and interior features, but nothing overpriced or unnecessary. I couldn't see myself paying $8K more for a mediocre touchscreen nav, moonroof, and cheap factory LEDs. I have heard mostly negative reviews about the hondalink navigation (actually ALL car manufacturer installed navigation software), plus most people already have a smart phone with Google maps, so the sport not having the navigation was not a big deal. I have gotten so many comments on how much more aggressive the new Accord looks and people who thought it was an Acura or Lexus from the profile view because of the nicer wheels, accents, and dual exhaust. Plus the sport model just felt the most responsive in test drives. The 8" display screen in all models is really great, and the dynamic guidelines on the back-up camera that show the trajectory of your turn as you reverse is genius. The seat fabric is much better quality than my 2013 Toyota Tacoma had, so no need for seat covers. Plus the leather interior accents and wrapped steering wheel makes it feel more luxurious, similar to my old 2003 Acura TL. The cabin feels spacious, ample leg room, and a huge trunk. I have the CVT model, and I really like it. The CVT in the sport feels slightly more powerful and quick, and much much much better than the CVT in a prius. I am completely satisfied with this car and at $23K out the door, you really can't beat this car. Style, comfort, quality, performance, technology.... It is an excellent car and even better deal."

great car and mileage

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Pros: "great price, good on gas,"

Cons: "uncomfortable front seats, noisy at high speed,"

"2013 launched new exterior model design. The Accord is a good looking car and interior space is generous. Back seat has plenty of leg room. Very good on gas. The ride is a bit choppy. I feel every dimple in the road. The interior seats lack enough cushion and back support. Its uncomfortable riding for more than a few hours. The driver seat adjusts up/down front/back. Overall seat was not designed for a long distance ride. My biggest complaint is the front passenger seat does not adjust up or down. I'm short, so when I'm seated in passenger side, I'm at an uncomfortable level. Noise level also a bit high when traveling at 60 mph or more. I prefer a 6 cyl model. My next car will be a 6 cyl cross-over. For the price, the Accord a reliable car, with great gas mileage."

Amazing 38 mpg highway; way under-priced value

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Pros: "Economy, high end power, reliability, low price!"

Cons: "Not a Lexus-like head turner."

"Before I bought this car, I drove every sedan available: Mercedes, Cadillac, Volvo, Lexus, Subaru, Infiniti, Audi, even this same car dressed like an Acura. None was more comfortable. None was as roomy. None was as much fun and responsive, especially at the upper end. All were far more expensive (from $10,000 to $40,000 more except the Subaru which was the most unremarkable car I have ever driven). Using the Consumer Reports reliability ratings and overall ratings, I decided to save the money and try the Accord. Boy! Did I make the right decision! First, I noticed that I sit IN not ON the seats. Then I noticed I could see all around easily. Then I found it easy at my age to enter and exit the car. And with the front seats all the way back, I can still see about three inches between my knees and the back of the front seat (I am 6'2"), and the head room is far better than the BMW 5 Series. STANDARD EQUIPMENT: Real leather; heated power seats; backup and blind spot cameras; FCW; tire pressure monitors; LDW; auto-dimming mirror; comfort, comfort comfort; huge trunk; free mats, splash guards, door edge protection tape; free first year maintenance; proximity, keyless entry; open all the windows from 200 feet away on a hot day; HomeLink; memory driver's seat positioning; and much, much more. And then I began to realize that this 3.5 liter, nearly 300 horsepower engine was getting phenomenal gas mileage. I was looking at 38 and 42 MPG on the highway with a 600 mile range and about 20 CITY, and as of today the OVERALL MPG on this full sized, fully powered, really fine road car stands at exactly 30 MPG. It is a joy to drive, and I do not miss feeling smug because I spent $27,700 instead of $64,000 for the Lexus with its vinyl seats (I could not get my knees under the steering wheel nor my head under the sun roof. Except for its fine, responsive, untorquey steering and lack of that old big car floaty feeling, the whole thing comes really close to that 1953 Hudson Hornet with Twin H power I drove in college. It is that satisfying. And right now I see the private party sale price is almost the same as what I actually paid for it. This is a highly under-rated automobile!"

Nice car.

By on Monday, May 12, 2014

Pros: "Great fuel economy and smart entry is great."

Cons: "No satellite radio standard"

"Great fuel economy"

sporty and reliable

By on Monday, May 05, 2014

"Got the 2014 Accord coupe V6 w/ Navi. Interior design was luxurious with safety feature like lane watch and front collision warning, smooth ride and noise cancelling windows make it fun to drive, exterior is also sleek and sporty redesign LED daytime headlight makes it look more luxury like Lexus, BMW, Audi, Mbenz name it. Definitely recommend with flying colors. Pros. Luxury feel and look, with tons of safety features, reliability, powerful. Cons. Higher price, less horsepower than mustang and Camaro. Overall. Love this car no regrets."

My First Accord

By on Sunday, May 04, 2014

Pros: "Fuel economy, handling, ease of shifting"

Cons: "Trunk latch hurts my head when I hit it!"

I told you it was a 6 speed manual.

"Honda may have redesigned the front suspension and done away with the double wishbone front suspension, but boy it no way shows it in the twisties. We took our new 2014 LX 6 speed manual out on 89A through over the mountain to Jerome, AZ and then on to Sedona, AZ only to return over the mountains of Jerome today. This was an approx. 200 mile planned route that would vary driving conditions, vehicle speed, and allow us to get accustomed to the Accord and help it "break in". What a blast to drive, it is as tossible as my '89 Civic I had many years ago. The cars handling just inspires confidence the more I drive it. The shifter is light, precise, and a breeze to shift. Buy a manual and experience true Honda engineering. EPA numbers are extremely easy to meet if not even exceed. In spirited driving today we got 35.5 mpg on out trip. I hate the limited interior color availability with a manual (hope Honda is reading these reviews), but I got mine in silver with a black interior. The floor mats already look dark brown in under a week of using the car. Power window and lock switches don't all light up at night. The back up camera is a nice toy."

I told you it was a 6 speed manual.

My best Accord ever

By on Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Pros: "Great features, great price value."

Cons: "none so far."

"This is my 3rd Accord & the best one yet. Great safety features like blind side camera, back up camera, lane drift alert & front crash avoidance. I have found the center console to be compact & the screen information excellent. I'll definitely buy another one."

not as good as it could be for the price

By on Sunday, April 27, 2014

Pros: "ok to drive no big deal"

Cons: "window defrost isn't good at all in cold weather"

"I have found on the highway if there is any wind the front will swaying from side to side a bit at speeds over 60mph. It would be nice if you could open the trunk like the doors instead of having to open the door to open the trunk."

Great driving vehicle

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Pros: "Reasonable price. Sporty, fun to drive."

Cons: "Not enough steerin wheel tavel."

"With the drivers seat all the way back the steering wheel does not extend back enough for a relaxed reach. Not good for long legs. Otherwise a nice car."

Drives like a Massey-Ferguson

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Cons: "Cheap, made by low bidder"

"Very disappointed in this 2013. I currently own and drive a 1990 Honda Accord 4 cyl, a 2000 Honda Accord 6 cyl , a Honda 2005 4 cyl , a 2007 Camry, a 2002 Toyota SR5 ,and a 1990 Ford F-150. This 2013 is the worst of the lot. I am going to take the 1990 and put a new engine in it and sell this 2013. The tranny has been poor. I have taken it back 2X and they tell me it is fine. While it accellerates nicely, when you decelerate from highway speed to 5-10 mph it starts to buck, sometimes violently. They tweaked it and told me to drive it 800 miles and see. No change. You may like that, but for $22K I expect a car to behave like a new car not an amusement ride. Brakes leave a lot to be desired. The rotors are not any good - very cheap and are not going to last. Backup camera works sometime, but not all the time and until it dies I can't get it fixed. On a scale of 1-10 the ride of this car is a 2 compared to my other three Hondas. Poor basic tires - noisy. Harsh ride. I am very, very disappointed."

I LOVE THIS CAR!!!

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "Fast fun to drive comfort style great mpg"

Cons: "NONE AT ALL"

"Best car I have ever owned and I've owned cars since 1972. Great style, fast, comfort, fun to drive, paddle shift, PLUS GREAT MPG for a full sized fast fun to drive car (30mpg city 35+ hi-way),"

So far cautiosly satisfied.

By on Monday, April 21, 2014

Pros: "Fuel economy."

Cons: "Stiff ride."

"Had excessive oil consumption problem first 6000 miles. Seems to be OK now. X fingers. Ride is very stiff but I'm slowly getting used to it. Like fuel mileage."

Lane warning device/ Seat comfort.

By on Sunday, April 20, 2014

Pros: "Prive is right."

Cons: "Lane watch problem."

"My only problem so far is the LANE WARNING DEVICE works sporadically. I have not been able to determine why? Driver's seat could be a little more comfortable. Everything else so far functions well."

Very nice Honda

By on Friday, April 18, 2014

"I have an EX-L nav v6 and Im very happy. It looks amazing and it drives great. It needs about 5000 miles to break in and then it becomes so much more comfortable. The interior is very nice heated leather seats, touch screen,side and backup camera LDW etc. But i don't like are that the doors and sides are not all covered in leather, just parts and the backup camera doesn't not beep when you are getting too close.The sensor in the front window that gives a red light to alarm you when you are getting too close its a bit annoying if they wouldn't make it to actually reduce the speed but still its a great ride."

Accord Coupe EX-L (4cyl, CVT)

By on Friday, April 18, 2014

Pros: "Fit and finish, power, ride quality, mpg, CVT"

Cons: "Infotainment system, no LED headlights."

"Honda really cleaned up the exterior styling for the 2013+ model years. Interior fit and finish is top notch, looks like an Acura! Lots of room inside, I'm 6'3" and fit fine. Leather seats are very comfortable on long rides. If you get the coupe, get Still Night Pearl (blue color) its beautiful! Surprising combination of power and smoothness from the 4cyl CVT combo. Great mpg numbers, I get as high as 37+mpg on the freeway with no traffic. Bluetooth/Pandora connectivity is great. Only cons I can come up with: Car can be a bit pricy, especially with NAV (but you pay for Honda quality/reliability!). The infotainment system sometimes feels clunky/unfinished. The two screens can feel redundant. Honda left out some things like LED headlights and active cruise control. (touring sedan gets these, V6 trim gets LED DRLs) Please note, this was the first model year for the CVT transmission, I have fairly good faith it will remain reliable."

I've had 6 Honda's. This is the 5th accord coupe.

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

"I love Honda's. In my opinion, when someone buys a car they also purchase the company that manufactures the product. The new upgrades to the Accord are long overdo. My two major concerns about the automobile are the inability to see out of it and the quality of the interior. This is by far the worst I've driven for blind spots. Even with the camera, I'm constantly checking and rechecking before I change lanes. The interior of the cabin is easy to view and the sound system is awesome. However, the materials don't seem to clean up very well. I hate the dust etc that catches in the holes in the seat. I don't know if Honda is aware or not but there are many manufacturers that put bells and whistles in the modern auto. I am sad to say that Honda is the the middle of the pack. Why do I keep buying them? The re-sale rocks."

I've had 6 Honda's. This is the 5th accord coupe.

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

LOVING IT

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pros: "Styling, quiet, performance, controls, handling"

"Due being unemployed my 6 year car finally wanted to die never thought be able afford a new car after shopping for economical vehicles and midsize under a lower price. I have a Honda Accord EX love every bit of fit and finish material. It rides very quick having a great engine giving me best horsepower with half decent gas mileage. My beautiful Accord was equipped with blue tooth, Pandora radio data, USB connectivity, rearview camera, heated seats, smart key, blind spot warning. Handles as if a Cadillac but I feel like riding a more luxury car instead being midsize family car its a Honda I love my car. Last purchased in February 2014 so been having fun while getting something to get around in. This car did well in Wisconsin weather on bad road conditions it grip the highway tight without slipping or skidding just love my car for life."

Pros: "Just a good looking car"

"after 4000 miles front suspension started making noises, I took it to the dealership they fixed it after 2 days, I drove it for 15 miles then started making noises again and steering wheel made noises too, I took it back to dealer for the second time and they gave it back to me after a week, I drove it for 200 miles and started making noises from steering wheel again, I took back to dealer for 4 and 5th time they fixed it but after few miles started to make noises again finally I called the customer service to help me find out whats going on with my car, one of the Honda managers drove my car and the same brand new one and said they both make the same noise !!!!!! but I haven't heard this noise from another cars like mine. they couldn't fix it for 7 times and I'm going to sell this car and never buy a Honda again, because of no responsibility and no good service."

never buy a honda again

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "just a good looking car"