2013 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,492 - $23,489.

10/8.3

8.1

Based on 142 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

not a good vehicle at all

By on Sunday, February 09, 2014

"nothing but problems with this vehicle next time a ford or Chevy"

Great Car, no regrets

By on Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Pros: "Power, quietness, safety features, technology"

Cons: "steering feel, ride quality"

"I bought this car (Honda Accord EX-L V6) back in November of 2013, and I thoroughly enjoy driving this car. I found that everything in the car is comfortable and easy to use and learn to use. The safety features, like lane watch and fcw and ldw, really make this car safe, especially for those newer drivers to help gauge distances and car control. This generation is ridiculous quiet inside for a Honda (something i would not have expected). Concerning the power, the V6 provides more than adequate amount of power, plus is got better fuel economy and became smoother over time. Regarding the fuel economy, this v6 does a lot better in the city than my 04 CRV. I was surprised at how efficient it really was being a v6. There are, however, some gripes I have about it. 1) The steering feel is a little vague for my taste, I would have liked to have more feel (or at least a lot more weight as the steering was a little light for me). 2) The ride is a little stiff, but still very comfortable (it inspires more confidence for me than the softer Toyota Camry did). 3) Being that this car is near luxury, I would have like to have the seats automatically move back when the car door opens to provide easier access (it is manageable without the feature, but sometimes becomes a nuisance without more space to get in and out...). Overall, I would definitely recommend this car to new buyers as it provides near luxury at an affordable price and is probably one of the top benchmarks of this midsize car category."

Buyer's remorse

By on Monday, February 03, 2014

Pros: "Good value for the money"

Cons: "Terrible ride quality"

"I traded in a 2008 Accord Sedan EX-L for this 2013 Accord Coupe EX-L w/ Nav. Big mistake. The primary reason? The new car's ride is so harsh as to be quite uncomfortable. My 2008 Accord was smooth as silk. Now I feel every little bump, seam or whatever in the road. Not a pleasant experience. I recommend anyone considering a new Accord take it for a prolonged test drive over a variety of surfaces. When I took my car for a test drive, I realized the ride was "firmer" than my 2008 Accord, but I had no idea how much different it was. If it wasn't for the rough ride, plus slightly glitchy software, I would give this car a 10/10 rating. I love the styling and features. It seems considerably quicker than my 2008. I think it's a good value for the money (if you don't mind being bounced around), and I'm getting significantly better gas mileage compared to my 2008 (28-29 MPG combined city/highway, compared to 23-24 MPG for the 2008). I'm just very disappointed that Honda missed so big on something as basic as ride quality."

100% satisfied with this car!!!

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Pros: "Great value and price; computer interface is great"

Cons: "hmmmmmmm, let me think....."

"I like everything about this car. So much thought went into it, I did not appreciate many of the features (such as keyless entry, side door mirrors and the green halo for shifting efficiency) until I had driven for a few hours. The handing and the ride are both very good. I like that it came with 17" wheels as I did not want anything bigger. I think it is sharp looking, too."

2013 Honda Accord LX Best Car I Ever Owned

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Pros: "Size, Comfort, Handling & Most of All Mileage"

Cons: "Didn't come with Fog Lights."

My New Honda

"I purchased this car in April 2013 after seriously considering purchasing a 2013 Hyundai Sonata. I love the looks of the Sonata but after test driving it I wasn't so impressed. The seats are set very low, the side mirrors are shaped weird and I didn't like the road noise. I went look at the Accord & test drove it and that was it. I loved the ride, feel, size, comfort, response, etc... Most of all I felt confident about purchasing it because of Honda's reputation for quality built cars which hold their value. I'm sold on my Honda Accord!!! My Accord is a little less than 1 year old & I have 12,000 miles on it and I still love it!"

My New Honda

problems with window not going down when below 32

By on Tuesday, January 28, 2014

"loud road noise and windshield wipers streak drivers window will not go down when below 32 degrees"

Premium car at budget price

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "Value for money, Fun to drive, features, Style"

Cons: "60/40 seat, trunk shape"

"I took more than one year to buy new car and in between I was going through numerous reviews, Test Rides and friends experiences (Whoever bought any car brand in 1st week they were blown away but after some time you can see them back to reality). SUV or Car: In my purchase process I was first confused to go with Sedan or SUV. My daily Driving is 70 miles RT and compact crossover SUV failed to impress me in front of Midsize sedans so finally decided to go with Car. In SUV I was researching RAV4 or CRV and both had plus minuses but I really like how RAV4 came up with all new changes. I have 2002 Camry and I drove 100k+. In 2012 I was almost sure to buy Camry but as time goes by I took test ride of Nissan Altima 2013, Kia Optima 13, Sonata 13, Toyota Camry 13 and Accord 13. After major changes in Accord I finally decided to consider with Camry. Comparing apple to Apple Accord LX has same feature as Camry SE (e.g. Alloy wheel, Dealer price etc..) 1. Overall Quality, Performance, Instrument Panel and Design: When I compared Camry as long as interior design concerned, Camry is nowhere closer to Accord. Dashboard Design is awesome, Big screen is mind blowing (non touch screen though) but position and layout is very cool. 2. Comfort: I felt Both Cars are same (few analysts say Accord is better). Honda has more cabin space. 3. Features and Style: Style doesn't have any measurement and it goes by individual perception. Accord has lots of bells and whistles, chrome plating looks cool and car style and ride quality is aggressive. New Accord looks is another factor to shift me from Camry. 4. Fuel Economy: Second best in midsize car and fortunately true. 5. Features & Accessories Quality: I am not expert but all new cars' accessories looks good and Accord is not exception. 6. Car Height: My friend had 2012 Accord and I had really hard time to come out but in new accord it's very convenient. 7. Safety and Resale Value: Accord is best in midsize segment if you see stats. 8. CVT: Few people love to complaint about reliability of CVT transmission. CVT makes ride smooth and fuel efficient. As long as reliability is concerned time will decide but looking at current trend Toyota, Lexus, Nissan, Audi, Honda, Ford, Benz and many more are shifting towards CVT. Replacement is costly but as years goes by technology becomes complicated and expensive for simple solution. 9. Seat Comfort: I am 6' tall, Lot of people complained about comfort but I don't have issue. Seat fabric and design is way better than Camry. Cons: 1. 60/40: In Accord Rear Seat not 60/40 split, never mind I don't use that frequently. 2. Audio: Car Audio quality is good but not great. 3. Trunk space: Not impressed with layout as older cars has low bed, big opening and better shape to fit 3 check-in bags but new shape is not efficient even though Camry and Accord has biggest cargo space. 4. Reliability in log run: hmm when I went through car complaints, I saw lot of issues reported but ~90% complaints were related to Seat comfort and Audio connection in old Accords, Don't worry and trust your luck. Even my Camry has engine down (May be I got lemon) still Honda and Toyota are very reliable cars at least KBB and JD Power says that. Final words: In current market Honda Accord offers best value for money, it has excellent features and feels like premium level car, it crushed all the competitors. Accord has more Pros than Cons. I will recommend Accord at anytime to my dear ones."

High quality vehicle

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, reliable, high quality vehicle."

Cons: "Somewhat harsh ride."

"My wife and I chose our 2013 Accord primarily because it is a high quality, reliable vehicle with great gas mileage. I routinely achieve 42+ MPG highway, car is rated at 36 MPG. Our only disappointment is the ride is a little harsh, not the same as our nearly 15 year-old Buick Century."

Accord 2013 - Best Accord since 2003

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pros: "great price, fun ride, stylish, powerful"

"I own 2013 Accord EX-L V6 and its got as much power as a Camaro except its much more reliable than Camaro. I am happy with my purchase and will recommend it to anyone."

Not so happy

By on Sunday, January 19, 2014

Pros: "Back up camera, exterior styling"

Cons: "Engine, transmission, quality, gas mileage"

"At first, I really enjoyed the car, but I soon realized the mistake that I made. The suspension is an absolute nightmare. You feel every single crack in the road, and the 18 inch wheels do not help the issue. There is also an excessive amount of road noise, as well as engine noise. The transmission I feel is another problem. You really have to put your foot down to get any response from the car, and at low speeds the transmission shudders and jerks. Also, when braking, it can be felt around 5-10 mph that the transmission attempts to slow down the car. A CVT shouldn't have this issue as it is designed to be smoother than a conventional automatic. The build quality is also lacking, both interior and exterior. There are cheap plastics everywhere to be seen, and the upholstery shows every spec of dirt possible. As for the exterior, the spacing between the doors is immense, I'm surprised there's no water in the car after it rains. Being that this is the Sport model, it has dual exhaust. The exhaust pipe on the left side hangs lower than the right and is aesthetically displeasing. There is also an issue with gas mileage. Honda is known for making fuel efficient cars but this car is too big for its engine. Unless you drive like a grandma, you are not getting anywhere near the EPA estimates. Basically it's a hunk of junk, and I should have never bought this car. Too bad it's a lease, or it would be long gone by now. Honda should be ashamed to put their name on this."

Oil pump failure, car towed

By on Saturday, January 18, 2014

Pros: "Good fuel economy, nice design in and out"

Cons: "Reliability, uncomfortable seat, AC operation"

"I have a 2013 Accord LX with automatic CVT and 15,200 miles, bought new. The other night leaving work, I started the car and it made a horrendous grinding, screeching sound. I did not drive it. Every light on the dash (check engine, oil light, etc.) was on. I needed a tow from work late at night. The Honda dealer said they've never seen this before. They replaced the oil pump, timing chain, sprocket, etc. It was there for one week. All items covered under warranty. I've never heard of such a serious repair issue on car with so little mileage. Needless to say, I am very disappointed with my decision to buy a Honda. This was a MAJOR inconvenience. Prior to this incident, everything was fine. Good ride and mileage between 34-37 mpg. My other complaint is the uncomfortable seat, as I drive long distances, and the AC goes on when the defrost is selected."

Great vehicle with exceptions

By on Saturday, January 18, 2014

Reason: Not the right fit

Pros: "Push Start,Keyless entry,Valet key"

Cons: "Paint scratches easily,Seat Height,Audio Beeps"

"Rating 8/10 for quality as the black paint scratches VERY easily. Rating 7/10 for comfort/convenience as I found the drivers seat does not elevate high enough. I'm 5'5" and need the seat higher than an average driver. However, the power seat was still not enough for my taste. I hit the upper limit. Check this out before you buy. One major annoyance is the audio system. It BEEPS every time you change the station and their is no option to turn off this beep. Why? I test drove a Hyundai Sonata and it had the same problem. How many other vehicles make annoying beeps like this? The vehicle drivers fantastic. I did not notice any issues with vibration as another reviewer stated. The CVT takes some getting used to, however, I am 100% okay with it. It feels like a manual transmission but automatically shifts for you. I love the valet key option and that you can lock the trunk from inside and separate the valet key from your remote. I really like the mileage indicators in the display that fades from green to white if mileage is bad (hard acceleration). Push start button is very fun. Touch the door handle to open the doors. Keyless everything! The navigation system is very cool. It gives you an isometric map view. The rear view camera is great and so is the right mirror lane-change camera. Overall, there is a ton of thought that went into this vehicle. It's a fantastic vehicle. Honda sales and service is top-notch. However, I recommend you check the seat height and radio system before you buy."

Shake, Shake and more Shake!!!!!!!!!!

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pros: "Good Car"

Cons: "Shakes too much for me."

"Owned Toyota's for many years. Figured I would try a Honda Accord EX. Mistake. Car did not ride/drive right from day one. Car and steering wheel shakes between 45 and 80+MPH. Had it back three times and after many road-force checks and wheel balancing failures I am now waiting to see the Honda rep to discuss. Asked for the car to be fixed, replaced or I get my money back so I could then purchase a Toyota."

Very Nice Car for fair weather area's

By on Monday, January 13, 2014

Pros: "Handles great, Brakes feel great, Leg room."

Cons: "Not a winter Car. Hard to clear wipers if frozen"

"So far with only 1000 mi of winter time. Its no Subaru. It will take hours to clear wipers if the get frozen. Im spoiled I have a 2008 Subaru Outback with the all weather package which has a seperate heating coil in the wind shield. Which clear's ice from the blades pretty quick. So far 2 cons #1 The good for one years LS 2 recieved bad rating's and and my experance not good in snow. #2 Bad winter design for the wiper's Other then that I like the car so far"

Check the bluetooth before you buy!

By on Friday, January 03, 2014

Pros: "love the side camera"

Cons: "blue tooth sucks"

"I drive several miles a day, use my phone in the car for hours on end. Had blue tooth in my kias, it was excellent. the voice recognition in the accord is TERRIBLE. I have to scroll my phone to get to the numbers, not safe. the voice recognition must have been programmed in Japan with someone totally unfamiliar with American pronunciation. What should have been an excellent experience has turned into a potfull of buyers regret. expected more, shame on me for testing everything except the bluetooth. other than that, the car is excellent."

excellent sedan

By on Friday, January 03, 2014

"I have just over 1000 miles on my EX-L V6 Accord, and I couldn't be happier with it. The engine has really good power and mpg too. I can't wait to take it on a longer trip than my normal to and from work."

Best overall of 19 Hondas owned previous.

By on Saturday, December 28, 2013

Pros: "Economic, fun to drive, well finished and styled"

Cons: "No moon roof option"

"I've owned Hondas since 1985 when I bought the first new car anyone of any generation of my family had ever purchased. In the time since, I've purchased 3 brand new, 2 very slightly used(under 10K miles)and 14 used. I've owned Accords, Civics, Cr-V s, and a Passport, all with manual transmissions. My family has totaled 5 of them, 3 of which were driven home from the accident scene, all without as much as a skin scratch. All have gone over 200K without any engine or transaxle repair other than routine maintenance (which I do myself.) One, a '92 Civic 5spd, currently has over 355K and gets 42mpg. That being said, the 2013 Accord Sport 6spd is the best of, what I consider, the best car brand sold over the past 28 years. The car is roomy, well finished, comfortable to drive and economic. To date I'm averaging 31.4 mpg on all 22,500 miles driven, occasionally hitting 40+ mpg. I was going to buy a new Accord in 2011 but didn't like the styling of the rear, reminded me of a Saturn. As soon as the styling changed, I was in line to buy one, although it took me until February of 2013 to find one. The only regret that I have with the car is that it doesn't have a moon roof. I find the driver's rearview mirror very functional, contrary to other opinions expressed here. I love the 6spd! Short throw, narrow gates, fabulous driving experience and I drive the car hard. The seats are firm but not stiff, the ride is aggressive but not harsh, and the sound is music to my ears, inside and out! I would agree that the passenger wiper deposits water slightly into the driver sight line, but I have not found that to be an issue. The chrome grill is developing a bubble under the chrome (about the size of the head of a tack) which I'm confident the dealer will rectify when I bring it to his attention. All in all, a great purchase. A lot of car for the money!"

Good fuel economy with CVT.

By on Friday, December 27, 2013

Pros: "Excellent fuel economy, Standard rearview camera,"

Cons: "wind noise, ride quality, useless fog light,"

"I was comparing this car with VW Passat SE 2.5L. The reason why I chose the Accord was fuel economy and reliability. Fuel economy is pretty good. I got 32mpg on 422miles of mixed driving. I'm pretty sure I can squeeze more when I drive for longer trips with mostly hwy driving. The interior is roomy and comfortable. However, the ride quality isn't really good. It's too stiff. I can feel every little bumps on the road. Toyota and VW have better rides than Honda for sure. Also 2013 & 14 accords have wind noise problem around B pillar. Google it and you'll see lots of people complaining. I thought in 2014 model is fixed but mine has one so I'll be visiting honda service dept soon. Another complain I have is since the front seats are low, using the fog lights won't you do any good. You won't notice even if you turn it on. So it's useless. There is no split rear seats and that's a disappointment. Other than that, CVT is impressive. You don't feel like you're driving a CVT. Lane Watch camera is pretty fun and everything else is smooth."

Great Car that Holds Excellent Value

By on Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Pros: "Great options for price, good styling, great room"

Cons: "Under powered, No Sunroof for Sport"

"It's rated as the highest resale sedan in the US market for decades and that's because the Accord continues to be one of the most reliable and comfortable sedans you can purchase for your money. I've had my Sport sedan for a little over a year now and love it. The only thing I would change is adding some additional horsepower for the size and weight of the car."

Good car with some irritating design flaws

By on Sunday, December 22, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, quiet, planted, roomy, attractive"

Cons: "Design issues reduce driving pleasure"

"I recently bought the 2014 Accord Sport with a 6-speed manual. I think it’s a fine car but a few design oversights, clustered around the driver, are really frustrating–especially when past Honda efforts lead you to expect the details to be well thought out. GOOD - Comfortable - Quiet, planted - Roomy interior - Attractive inside and out ONLY OK - The anti-lock brakes engage too soon (Colorado driver) - Ride could be a little more compliant, especially on concrete roads - Why couldn’t I get the v-6 with the manual transmission? While the drivetrain is adequate, the 4-cyl is kind of a paper tiger DESIGN ISSUES - The windshield wipers leave the residue line right in front of the driver’s line of sight - The console is located so far back that only the point of my elbow can rest on it - The sun visor sticks right into your forehead when you rotate it to the side - The driver’s side rear view mirror has a convex section that makes you nauseous every time you look at it - The rear seat folds down only as a block; stupid"

2013 Saved my life

By on Friday, December 20, 2013

Pros: "MPG, Safety, Size, Manual Transmission Option,"

Cons: "Hill assist, Bi-fold mirror, Trunk Noises at idle,"

"I had a 2013 which was hit head on by a drunk driver about 2 weeks after purchasing it. The car saved my life. The Drunk was in a full sized truck, and although the Accord was totaled, i do not think i would be writing this if it were not for that car. I went out and purchased a 2014 sport with a 6-speed to replace the LX in which i had prior. The differences between the 13 and 14 are very small, although the 14 has better paint. I am 6'2" tall, there is still enough room behind me for my father who is 6'4" to fit without his knees touching the back of my seat. I love this car, it is big, the 4cyl is plenty quick (0-60 6.5 with the manual) and i average 29MPG. Cost to fill is about 38.00 at 3.19 a gallon. I typically get 445-525 miles per tank. (Not broken in yet) The trunk is huge, the body lines make it look like a much more expensive car. BAD: There is a lot of cabin noise from exhaust notes at idle. I don't think the trunk has enough sound proofing. It doesn't bother me yet, but i am sure it will get annoying. The hill assist is really more of a problem then help, as it doesn't always work, changes the grab point of the clutch, and makes entering an intersection on a hill "interesting". There is a bi-fold in the mirror, which is really stupid.. They claim it helps with blind spots, but if you know how to drive, this will get annoying.. (Changed the mirror glass with a 2012 mirror glass) Verdict: I would recommend this car to anyone who needs a bigger car, its comfortable, gets great MPG, and looks sharp. It's very safe "Proved that", and since it is a honda, it will likely run forever."

Great car

By on Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, love all the cameras and warnings."

Cons: "None that I've found so far"

"I will be sorry when the lease ends, but I may buy it then. Haven't finished testing it in econo mode but have gotten over 36 mpg at 70 mph. But one has great acceleration if one wants it. Best of all worlds."

Great car for the money

By on Saturday, December 14, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Why nitpick the small stuff"

"You cannot beat this car for the price. Finally the exterior styling is decent again. The interior design rivals cars costing twice as much. Layout is superb. Height challenged people complain about the seats and the head rests. I am over six foot tall and the seats fit like a glove. Interior room is huge, especially the back seat area. It took me the first 5,000 miles to get use to the four cylinder with CVT. I have yet to get less than 30 MPG with this car. It has plenty of power for everyday driving. Trust me, you will not be holding anyone up. The fancy wheels are a real pain to wash. I looked at several cars in the same class. They are all good, within five percent of each other in all aspects. Why did I buy the Honda? I have had them in the past,they work and hold their value over time."

one of the best i ever had

By on Thursday, December 12, 2013

Pros: "its kinda expensive buts its worth to have it"

Cons: "the middle console is to small"

"i like the body style and the most important of all is the new safety features coz i had the 2014 touring model..."

really nice car

By on Friday, November 22, 2013

"Very comfortable and plenty of power"

See if you qualify for