2012 Honda Accord

8.1

Based on 1041 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

Love it!

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, lots of room"

Cons: "Layout of dash a little quirky, but OK."

"I am a former loyal Nissan customer, so I felt kind of strange moving to Honda brand. So far no regrets with the Honda. I was between an Altima and an Accord, with the Accord winning after doing a lot of research. It drives beautifully, seats are very comfortable, trunk is spacious. No regrets so far, and I truly do not expect any."

Not the best Honda I have owned.

By on Thursday, October 10, 2013

Pros: "Good driver. Plenty of power. Decent mileage"

Cons: "Rear brakes. Poor navigation"

"Disappointed in the rear brake pad life. Pads and rear rotors gave up at 24k miles. Had a spark plug fail at 70k. Required a computer flash to modify the Variable Cylinder Mgmt. that was eating away the plug tips. Both rear wheel bearings had to be replaced at 75k miles due to loud roaring noise. The navigation is a joke. Leave the main road and the nice lady reminds you that you are entering unverified territory. The road I have lived on for 28 years! Honda sent me a letter to offer me updates for $149.00. Money better spent on a Garmin with lifetime updates. Tried to set up the bluetooth for my cell phone and finally gave up. Works sometimes. Even frustrated the dealer. Did not do my research on the 3.5 engine. It is an interference engine and will need a $1000 timing belt replacement at 100k. You are slipping Honda. Let's hope your quality does not tranfer to your new airplane!"

Top 3 in its class and beyond

By on Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Pros: "Price, Roomy, Fun to Drive, Mileage, Pretty Cabin"

Cons: "Road Noise, Not Sporty like previous Accord"

"I've had the Accord since January 2011 and I must say that there has not been a single moment when I've regretted this purchase. The car is magnificent, both for short runs as well as long runs and doesn't incur maintenance costs also for a long time. The car is very reliable and grips the road like glue while providing a magnificent comfortable drive. The mileage is very reasonable too and can easily compete against any other car in its segment. Even the basic model (LX) has all the standard features that a person craves for (including Traction Control & ABS.) I only wish that Honda would have curbed the road noise and made the cabin and driving a little sportier- something along the lines of the previous generation of Accord or Civic. Please note though that the Accord (every Honda) takes a while (~10,000 miles or 3 months) to open up- you'll see a drastic improvement in pick-up and mileage when the engine opens up. Until then (and hopefully always,) make sure you don't abuse the car while driving."

Very good car but . . .

By on Tuesday, June 23, 2009

"First, I must say that, overall, our 2008 V6 Accord is a very good car. Decent mileage (especially on the highway), good performance and a pleasing interior make a good first impression. BUT...after living with the car for a little more than a year, some fairly disturbing quality and design issues have begun to surface. (1) Rear brake replacement at 12,000 miles?? I have NEVER owned a vehicle that required rear brakes this early in over 40 years of driving. (We have yet to replace rear brakes on our 80,000 mile CR-V.) (2) Front brake pulsating above 50 mph - obviously a sign of rotor warp, although the dealer claims he can't duplicate it. (3) Significant brake fade under hard braking. All three issues are likely related to Honda's desire to reduce brake noise; a laudable goal, perhaps, but not at the expense of durability and braking performance. (4) Poor control/navigation system voice recognition. This is more serious than it sounds because the HVAC and audio controls are scattered across the console and some are difficult to locate while driving. (5) Less than confortable seats. Even with an 8-way adjustable power driver seat, I have a very difficult time finding a comfortable seating position. When I adjust the seat for sufficient back support, the headrest pushes my head forward (and it can't be adjusted out of the way without compromising safety). I've seen this same issue on other recent Honda models, apparently a result of design changes to improve safety performance. However, I've driven many other vehicles with similar crash and safety ratings that are much more accomodating than the Accord. (5) Rattles and squeaks abound. The first, the rear package tray and CHMSL was corrected via service bulletin but now I have one behind the driver side B pillar right next to my left ear that is truely annoying and another that sounds like it may be kocated in the rear seat mounts. There are fewer rattles in our 2002 CR-V, and it's been off-road many, many times. So, do I like the Accord? Well, yeah, sort of, but would I buy another one? Well, probably not. . ."

Grreat Vehicle

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2008

"Agree that road noise is more than expected but everything else about our 2008 EX-L is flawless. Handles great, leather seats are extremely confortable and the styling of the car is great. Looked at Camry's & Altima's but the Accord was the obvious choice after test driving all three."

Junk

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Pros: "MPG, Stearing Wheel is Nice,"

Cons: "Road Noise, Vibration at Idle, Power Stearing ...."

"In the last 20 years I have never had a car that was in the shop for warranty repairs like this. The starter went at 24,000 miles. The power steering pump was replaced at 26, 000 miles. The brakes are weak. The road noise is horrible. I can feel the bars from head rest on my back when I push back on the head rest. The buffering / vibration with the AC on is annoying. The new power steering pump noise is unacceptable. The interior is cheap."

Great vehicle for the money.

By on Sunday, August 12, 2012

Pros: "Worth the money"

Cons: "Honda has reduced the quality"

"I traded in a 2006 Accord LX-V6 for a new 2009 EX-L V6. I have to say the 2006 was made with more overall quality. The ride was more comfortable, quiet and solid. Although the 2009 looks cooler inside and out, it definitely has cheaper parts. Another issue is the steering wheel, it vibrates in the 2009. I have taken it back to the dealer multiple times but they have not been able to resolve the issue. Having said all this i still recommend the Accord, it's a great buy for the money."

Will always stick to Honda's

By on Friday, October 19, 2012

Pros: "Gas milage, Handing, Comfort, Visibility, Value"

Cons: "Wish it came with Bluetooth Standard"

"This is the second Honda that I have purchased. I owned a 2010 Honda Civic Coupe previously which was a great car, I just needed to upgrade to something bigger with four doors. I drive back and forth to Boston everyday with friends and lots of building models (needed more trunk space too). I thought why not try out the Accord? I took a 2012 Accord SE for a test drive and immediately knew this was the one to purchase. I had test drove the 2012 Kia Optima because of the looks, but was disappointed with the driving dynamics and cheap interior. The steering felt to artificial and was horrible on the highway--I had to constantly keep the car straight in the lane, it seemed to move side to side like a boat. The Accord on the other hand cruises on the highway with no problem. The cars steering stays on center and the engine keeps up to speed with no hesitation. The car has great visibility and the leather heated seats are very comfortable with excellent arch support to keep me from slouching. I love the audio system, has good sound quality and it came with a USB cable to plug in my iPod. The handling is also great and the ride is very smooth. It doesn't go everywhere when hitting potholes, you barely even feel them. I'm not sure how good it is on the snow yet, but will find out soon. My Civic was actually pretty good on the snow so I'm assuming this one should be better since it's higher off the ground (another plus). For the price I paid, this car was worth it. I only lost $3,500 on my Civic and got about $4500 off the sticker price because the 2013's were coming out."

Great car. We bought two!

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Pros: "solid feel, great to drive"

Cons: "leather seats were not comfortable at first"

"I used to drive a 94 Accord which I loved. Now I've had a Camry for 10 years which was great also. I went to buy a new car and went back to the Accord which has a much sportier feel and wider look as compared to my Camry. My parents liked my Accord so much they bought one too. At first the seats (leather) were suprisingly uncomfortable. It took a month or two to break them in, now they are great. I've had it a year and put 20,000 miles on it. One repair (wheel bearing replacement) was taken care of with no problem by the dealer. I have the 4 cyl but it has plenty of power and great milage."

Very happy with my 2012 Accord

By on Sunday, June 10, 2012

"I traded up from a 2008 Civic. I have the EX model with 5 speed manual transmission. The car has the luxury feel not found in the Civic and handles well. It is smooth and responsive. I love being able to open the moonroof and not feel any wind or vibration in the car."