2011 Honda Accord

8.1

Based on 1055 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

Great vehicle for the money.

By on Sunday, August 12, 2012

Pros: "Worth the money"

Cons: "Honda has reduced the quality"

"I traded in a 2006 Accord LX-V6 for a new 2009 EX-L V6. I have to say the 2006 was made with more overall quality. The ride was more comfortable, quiet and solid. Although the 2009 looks cooler inside and out, it definitely has cheaper parts. Another issue is the steering wheel, it vibrates in the 2009. I have taken it back to the dealer multiple times but they have not been able to resolve the issue. Having said all this i still recommend the Accord, it's a great buy for the money."

Will always stick to Honda's

By on Friday, October 19, 2012

Pros: "Gas milage, Handing, Comfort, Visibility, Value"

Cons: "Wish it came with Bluetooth Standard"

"This is the second Honda that I have purchased. I owned a 2010 Honda Civic Coupe previously which was a great car, I just needed to upgrade to something bigger with four doors. I drive back and forth to Boston everyday with friends and lots of building models (needed more trunk space too). I thought why not try out the Accord? I took a 2012 Accord SE for a test drive and immediately knew this was the one to purchase. I had test drove the 2012 Kia Optima because of the looks, but was disappointed with the driving dynamics and cheap interior. The steering felt to artificial and was horrible on the highway--I had to constantly keep the car straight in the lane, it seemed to move side to side like a boat. The Accord on the other hand cruises on the highway with no problem. The cars steering stays on center and the engine keeps up to speed with no hesitation. The car has great visibility and the leather heated seats are very comfortable with excellent arch support to keep me from slouching. I love the audio system, has good sound quality and it came with a USB cable to plug in my iPod. The handling is also great and the ride is very smooth. It doesn't go everywhere when hitting potholes, you barely even feel them. I'm not sure how good it is on the snow yet, but will find out soon. My Civic was actually pretty good on the snow so I'm assuming this one should be better since it's higher off the ground (another plus). For the price I paid, this car was worth it. I only lost $3,500 on my Civic and got about $4500 off the sticker price because the 2013's were coming out."

Great car. We bought two!

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Pros: "solid feel, great to drive"

Cons: "leather seats were not comfortable at first"

"I used to drive a 94 Accord which I loved. Now I've had a Camry for 10 years which was great also. I went to buy a new car and went back to the Accord which has a much sportier feel and wider look as compared to my Camry. My parents liked my Accord so much they bought one too. At first the seats (leather) were suprisingly uncomfortable. It took a month or two to break them in, now they are great. I've had it a year and put 20,000 miles on it. One repair (wheel bearing replacement) was taken care of with no problem by the dealer. I have the 4 cyl but it has plenty of power and great milage."

Lousy Rear Brakes

By on Tuesday, September 08, 2009

"1 year and 5 months old with only 18080 miles and it already needs new rear brakes. Apparently Honda under-engineered the rear brakes and they wear quite quickly. Most cars need front brakes first, often in the 30-40,000 range and the rear brakes often last well into the 70,000 arena. I have found via the internet that I have now joined the masses in this complaint. Honda so far refuses to address the issue."

Great Car in its own Category

By on Friday, January 04, 2013

Pros: "the look, reliability, driving experience"

Cons: "poor iPod UI, a little expensive, MPG"

"I bought the I4 base model LX-S. I have to say that the sleek look of this car get me sold. Bur for sure, Accord is renowned for its reliability. Since I haven't driven it for long, I wouldn't comment much on that for this particular car. Instead, I'll focus on its driving experience. This car is quick and responsive from start. Steering also gives you what a "sports" car should be felt like, which is compensated by ride comfort(not very much).After you get up to 65 mph, or going uphill, the I4 doesn't feel so powerful if you were to accelerate. But after all LX-S is not exactly a sports car. Overall it's still decent to drive. After 2 months of ownership, I still couldn't wait to get out and drive for no reason. Road noise is OK. The sound system has some room for improvement. It gives you 6 CD slots and a poor iPOD interface. Who still listen to CD nowadays?? It gets me roughly 25mpg. This is a mixed highway-and-city. But all in all, it's a great car in its own category. It's definitely not a family sedan, nor is it a sports car. It is for some one who values the balance of look, reliability and driving experience. Hope this helps."