2010 Honda Accord

8.1

Based on 1026 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

some disappointments

By on Monday, July 28, 2008

"Having owned both 2005 and 2006 Accord EXL's, I find some things not as good in the new one. The power driver's seat does not tilt forward enough for short people. I bought the car for my wife but she could not get comfortable enough and has gone back to the 2006 Accord. The passenger seat is too low and should have some sort of manual height adjustment (I know that the V-6 has a power passenger seat but I did not want a V-6). The storage pockets in the doors now allow water bottles to fall when the car is in motion. The last Accords had stops to keep this from happening. The car is very nice otherwise(better than the last generation) but the seat problem will preclude me from buying another unless it is resolved. I have owned 6 new Hondas or Acuras since 2000 and hope to stay with Honda if they can rethink these problems."

By on Sunday, July 27, 2008

Serves its purpose

By on Saturday, July 26, 2008

"I have owned a 2008 LX base model since December 07 and have only 3900 miles on it. I carefully wash and wax this Accord with clean microfiber towels and Gold Class paste wax every 3 weeks. I even clean the tailpipe and underneath. It's hard to get a true gauge of this car's reliability since I baby it so much and drive it so little. However, I have a feeling that if I didn't exert such care for it, this vehicle would rattle, and fall apart quickly. It's not as well made as a higher-priced vehicle. If you can spend an extra $5000, I would get a entry-luxe instead."

Honda Steps UP 2008 coupe EX-L

By on Friday, July 25, 2008

"I love this car. Did not opt for the V6, and I am very happy with the power anyway. 190 HP moves just fine. The leather seats are not as plush as I could have hoped, but the interior is darn near perfect. Drives like a sports car, with all the smooth feel and comfort you would expect from the Accord. Overall, this is the best Honda I have ever owned (it is my 6th). Well worth the jump up from the Civic which we also tested. Replaces my 1997 Accord, which I drove for 9 years and just sold for 1/3 the price I paid for it after putting on 150,000 miles. You just have to love the Honda re-sale value!"

terrible gas mileage

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2008

"I would not recommend this car to anyone with gas prices being so high.I have the v-6 which is rated at 19/29 mpg. I have yet to get more than 20 mpg driving 1/2 freeway/1/2 city on every tank. Car has Variable Cylinder Management, which is supposed to help the mileage by running on 3,4 or 6 cylinders, as needed. I make a point of trying to run in the "eco" mode (fewer than 6 cyl) more often than not, and my BMW 530i that I just turned in from lease got better mileage than this Honda. If you are looking to save money on gas, this isn't the car to buy."