2009 Honda Accord

8.1

Based on 1055 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

Love it!

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, lots of room"

Cons: "Layout of dash a little quirky, but OK."

"I am a former loyal Nissan customer, so I felt kind of strange moving to Honda brand. So far no regrets with the Honda. I was between an Altima and an Accord, with the Accord winning after doing a lot of research. It drives beautifully, seats are very comfortable, trunk is spacious. No regrets so far, and I truly do not expect any."

Not the best Honda I have owned.

By on Thursday, October 10, 2013

Pros: "Good driver. Plenty of power. Decent mileage"

Cons: "Rear brakes. Poor navigation"

"Disappointed in the rear brake pad life. Pads and rear rotors gave up at 24k miles. Had a spark plug fail at 70k. Required a computer flash to modify the Variable Cylinder Mgmt. that was eating away the plug tips. Both rear wheel bearings had to be replaced at 75k miles due to loud roaring noise. The navigation is a joke. Leave the main road and the nice lady reminds you that you are entering unverified territory. The road I have lived on for 28 years! Honda sent me a letter to offer me updates for $149.00. Money better spent on a Garmin with lifetime updates. Tried to set up the bluetooth for my cell phone and finally gave up. Works sometimes. Even frustrated the dealer. Did not do my research on the 3.5 engine. It is an interference engine and will need a $1000 timing belt replacement at 100k. You are slipping Honda. Let's hope your quality does not tranfer to your new airplane!"

Top 3 in its class and beyond

By on Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Pros: "Price, Roomy, Fun to Drive, Mileage, Pretty Cabin"

Cons: "Road Noise, Not Sporty like previous Accord"

"I've had the Accord since January 2011 and I must say that there has not been a single moment when I've regretted this purchase. The car is magnificent, both for short runs as well as long runs and doesn't incur maintenance costs also for a long time. The car is very reliable and grips the road like glue while providing a magnificent comfortable drive. The mileage is very reasonable too and can easily compete against any other car in its segment. Even the basic model (LX) has all the standard features that a person craves for (including Traction Control & ABS.) I only wish that Honda would have curbed the road noise and made the cabin and driving a little sportier- something along the lines of the previous generation of Accord or Civic. Please note though that the Accord (every Honda) takes a while (~10,000 miles or 3 months) to open up- you'll see a drastic improvement in pick-up and mileage when the engine opens up. Until then (and hopefully always,) make sure you don't abuse the car while driving."

Very good car but . . .

By on Tuesday, June 23, 2009

"First, I must say that, overall, our 2008 V6 Accord is a very good car. Decent mileage (especially on the highway), good performance and a pleasing interior make a good first impression. BUT...after living with the car for a little more than a year, some fairly disturbing quality and design issues have begun to surface. (1) Rear brake replacement at 12,000 miles?? I have NEVER owned a vehicle that required rear brakes this early in over 40 years of driving. (We have yet to replace rear brakes on our 80,000 mile CR-V.) (2) Front brake pulsating above 50 mph - obviously a sign of rotor warp, although the dealer claims he can't duplicate it. (3) Significant brake fade under hard braking. All three issues are likely related to Honda's desire to reduce brake noise; a laudable goal, perhaps, but not at the expense of durability and braking performance. (4) Poor control/navigation system voice recognition. This is more serious than it sounds because the HVAC and audio controls are scattered across the console and some are difficult to locate while driving. (5) Less than confortable seats. Even with an 8-way adjustable power driver seat, I have a very difficult time finding a comfortable seating position. When I adjust the seat for sufficient back support, the headrest pushes my head forward (and it can't be adjusted out of the way without compromising safety). I've seen this same issue on other recent Honda models, apparently a result of design changes to improve safety performance. However, I've driven many other vehicles with similar crash and safety ratings that are much more accomodating than the Accord. (5) Rattles and squeaks abound. The first, the rear package tray and CHMSL was corrected via service bulletin but now I have one behind the driver side B pillar right next to my left ear that is truely annoying and another that sounds like it may be kocated in the rear seat mounts. There are fewer rattles in our 2002 CR-V, and it's been off-road many, many times. So, do I like the Accord? Well, yeah, sort of, but would I buy another one? Well, probably not. . ."

Grreat Vehicle

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2008

"Agree that road noise is more than expected but everything else about our 2008 EX-L is flawless. Handles great, leather seats are extremely confortable and the styling of the car is great. Looked at Camry's & Altima's but the Accord was the obvious choice after test driving all three."