2009 Honda Accord

8.1

Based on 984 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

Excellent Car

By on Wednesday, May 14, 2008

"Honda did something right when they redesigned this car. Very flashy with class. Search around and email all dealers once you know exactly waht you want. I was able to swipe a brand new EX-L coupe manual for $22,500 thanks to sending multiple emails and shopping around."

I love this car

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2008

"Was looking at other vehicles but found the honda to be a good value for the quality. The navigation is awesome and I love all the voice activated commands. Very fun to drive and I get a lot of looks and compliments. Very comfortable and drives very easy... lots of power."

Good Decision overall

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2008

"owned it for 4 months and had one long trip since then. fuel milege ranged between 22 - 28 mpg since i bought it. very attractive design, comfortable car. Auto transmission is a bit weird sometimes but i can live with that. interior is very roomy too."

Easy Entry

By on Friday, May 09, 2008

"Iam 6 foot tall and suffer from an old whiplash injury. This is the first midsized car that allows me to climb in without having tom bend my head, which is painful, The seat in my LXP does not have a lumbar support, but it is still designed in a way that provides good lumbar support."

Great value for the money

By on Tuesday, May 06, 2008

"I currently have 48,000 miles on a 2006 EX-L 4 cylinder with a manual transmission. The car has consistently delivered 30 mpg in mixed driving (granted I don't do stop-and-go driving in heavy traffic) and I've hit 37 mpg on a long highway trip (cruise control all the way). I have not had any repair or maintenance issues as yet although I did replace the tires at about 40K miles. To those who complain about road noise I did notice a substantial reduction in said noise when I replaced the stock tires (which I think were Bridgestones) with Michelins (Primacy). The tires were expensive ($650) but I fully expect to get 70K miles out of them. I will grant that the car is little noisy (engine) and underpowered (relative to a 6-cylinder) off the line with the 4 cylinder but once at cruising speed I have no problem passing (if I really needed a 6 cylinder I probably shouldn't have attempted the pass anyway) and the engine and road noise are minimal. Since this is a review I should have something negative to say as well as extolling the car's virtues so here goes: I got the "tan" leather, which is showing dirt much more than tan leather in my previous car (mind you I take very good care of my car); the XM radio does not show artist, song, channel, etc. at one time but rather only one at a time and is limited in the number of characters so the full song name is sometimes not visible (this may be different with the nav system-I don't know)(my friend's mobile XM radio is much more functional); admittedly I do have a couple squeaks-one in the dash and one at the driver's door lock (IF Honda is reading these, minimize the number of panels on the dashboard!); and finally, Honda, please put pistons in the trunk! My last, and actually first, car was an Acura Vigor. I finally retired it after 12 years and 270,000 miles. I was desperately waiting for Acura to put a manual transmission in the TL. When they finally did I waited a couple years (to allow for growing pains) and looked to buy. I was really disappointed at many of the reviews and some of the changes that went into the car (tires, increased horsepower with front wheel drive, low gas mileage) and bought the Accord instead. I've been very happy with it thus far and plan to keep it for at least another 100,000 miles (if the gods look kindly on me)."