2008 Honda Accord

8.1

Based on 1068 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

Love it!

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, lots of room"

Cons: "Layout of dash a little quirky, but OK."

"I am a former loyal Nissan customer, so I felt kind of strange moving to Honda brand. So far no regrets with the Honda. I was between an Altima and an Accord, with the Accord winning after doing a lot of research. It drives beautifully, seats are very comfortable, trunk is spacious. No regrets so far, and I truly do not expect any."

Not the best Honda I have owned.

By on Thursday, October 10, 2013

Pros: "Good driver. Plenty of power. Decent mileage"

Cons: "Rear brakes. Poor navigation"

"Disappointed in the rear brake pad life. Pads and rear rotors gave up at 24k miles. Had a spark plug fail at 70k. Required a computer flash to modify the Variable Cylinder Mgmt. that was eating away the plug tips. Both rear wheel bearings had to be replaced at 75k miles due to loud roaring noise. The navigation is a joke. Leave the main road and the nice lady reminds you that you are entering unverified territory. The road I have lived on for 28 years! Honda sent me a letter to offer me updates for $149.00. Money better spent on a Garmin with lifetime updates. Tried to set up the bluetooth for my cell phone and finally gave up. Works sometimes. Even frustrated the dealer. Did not do my research on the 3.5 engine. It is an interference engine and will need a $1000 timing belt replacement at 100k. You are slipping Honda. Let's hope your quality does not tranfer to your new airplane!"

Top 3 in its class and beyond

By on Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Pros: "Price, Roomy, Fun to Drive, Mileage, Pretty Cabin"

Cons: "Road Noise, Not Sporty like previous Accord"

"I've had the Accord since January 2011 and I must say that there has not been a single moment when I've regretted this purchase. The car is magnificent, both for short runs as well as long runs and doesn't incur maintenance costs also for a long time. The car is very reliable and grips the road like glue while providing a magnificent comfortable drive. The mileage is very reasonable too and can easily compete against any other car in its segment. Even the basic model (LX) has all the standard features that a person craves for (including Traction Control & ABS.) I only wish that Honda would have curbed the road noise and made the cabin and driving a little sportier- something along the lines of the previous generation of Accord or Civic. Please note though that the Accord (every Honda) takes a while (~10,000 miles or 3 months) to open up- you'll see a drastic improvement in pick-up and mileage when the engine opens up. Until then (and hopefully always,) make sure you don't abuse the car while driving."

Great vehicle for the money.

By on Sunday, August 12, 2012

Pros: "Worth the money"

Cons: "Honda has reduced the quality"

"I traded in a 2006 Accord LX-V6 for a new 2009 EX-L V6. I have to say the 2006 was made with more overall quality. The ride was more comfortable, quiet and solid. Although the 2009 looks cooler inside and out, it definitely has cheaper parts. Another issue is the steering wheel, it vibrates in the 2009. I have taken it back to the dealer multiple times but they have not been able to resolve the issue. Having said all this i still recommend the Accord, it's a great buy for the money."

Will always stick to Honda's

By on Friday, October 19, 2012

Pros: "Gas milage, Handing, Comfort, Visibility, Value"

Cons: "Wish it came with Bluetooth Standard"

"This is the second Honda that I have purchased. I owned a 2010 Honda Civic Coupe previously which was a great car, I just needed to upgrade to something bigger with four doors. I drive back and forth to Boston everyday with friends and lots of building models (needed more trunk space too). I thought why not try out the Accord? I took a 2012 Accord SE for a test drive and immediately knew this was the one to purchase. I had test drove the 2012 Kia Optima because of the looks, but was disappointed with the driving dynamics and cheap interior. The steering felt to artificial and was horrible on the highway--I had to constantly keep the car straight in the lane, it seemed to move side to side like a boat. The Accord on the other hand cruises on the highway with no problem. The cars steering stays on center and the engine keeps up to speed with no hesitation. The car has great visibility and the leather heated seats are very comfortable with excellent arch support to keep me from slouching. I love the audio system, has good sound quality and it came with a USB cable to plug in my iPod. The handling is also great and the ride is very smooth. It doesn't go everywhere when hitting potholes, you barely even feel them. I'm not sure how good it is on the snow yet, but will find out soon. My Civic was actually pretty good on the snow so I'm assuming this one should be better since it's higher off the ground (another plus). For the price I paid, this car was worth it. I only lost $3,500 on my Civic and got about $4500 off the sticker price because the 2013's were coming out."

Great car. We bought two!

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Pros: "solid feel, great to drive"

Cons: "leather seats were not comfortable at first"

"I used to drive a 94 Accord which I loved. Now I've had a Camry for 10 years which was great also. I went to buy a new car and went back to the Accord which has a much sportier feel and wider look as compared to my Camry. My parents liked my Accord so much they bought one too. At first the seats (leather) were suprisingly uncomfortable. It took a month or two to break them in, now they are great. I've had it a year and put 20,000 miles on it. One repair (wheel bearing replacement) was taken care of with no problem by the dealer. I have the 4 cyl but it has plenty of power and great milage."

Lousy Rear Brakes

By on Tuesday, September 08, 2009

"1 year and 5 months old with only 18080 miles and it already needs new rear brakes. Apparently Honda under-engineered the rear brakes and they wear quite quickly. Most cars need front brakes first, often in the 30-40,000 range and the rear brakes often last well into the 70,000 arena. I have found via the internet that I have now joined the masses in this complaint. Honda so far refuses to address the issue."

Great Car in its own Category

By on Friday, January 04, 2013

Pros: "the look, reliability, driving experience"

Cons: "poor iPod UI, a little expensive, MPG"

"I bought the I4 base model LX-S. I have to say that the sleek look of this car get me sold. Bur for sure, Accord is renowned for its reliability. Since I haven't driven it for long, I wouldn't comment much on that for this particular car. Instead, I'll focus on its driving experience. This car is quick and responsive from start. Steering also gives you what a "sports" car should be felt like, which is compensated by ride comfort(not very much).After you get up to 65 mph, or going uphill, the I4 doesn't feel so powerful if you were to accelerate. But after all LX-S is not exactly a sports car. Overall it's still decent to drive. After 2 months of ownership, I still couldn't wait to get out and drive for no reason. Road noise is OK. The sound system has some room for improvement. It gives you 6 CD slots and a poor iPOD interface. Who still listen to CD nowadays?? It gets me roughly 25mpg. This is a mixed highway-and-city. But all in all, it's a great car in its own category. It's definitely not a family sedan, nor is it a sports car. It is for some one who values the balance of look, reliability and driving experience. Hope this helps."

Very happy with my 2012 Accord

By on Sunday, June 10, 2012

"I traded up from a 2008 Civic. I have the EX model with 5 speed manual transmission. The car has the luxury feel not found in the Civic and handles well. It is smooth and responsive. I love being able to open the moonroof and not feel any wind or vibration in the car."

Practical Z

By on Tuesday, January 06, 2009

"I traded in my 05 Tacoma Sport DoubleCab 4x4 in an effort to save a little on gas and have some more fun. I've always owned sport trucks and this is my first car. I have to say that I'm quite impressed. A few things to change, make it rear wheel drive and add the manual mode to the automatic. Everyone else has that option, now Honda needs to do the same. For the life of me, I can't find the wind noise that everyone seems to complain about. Maybe it's because I'm used to driving trucks, I find this car to be extremely quite and smooth riding. It has great seats and accelerates like crazy. My gf had a 99 Mustang GT and this car is very close to performing like the Mustang. I'd be willing to bet that the Accord would beat the Stang to 60mph, but then the Stang would have more in the top end. The Stang was only better in with the fact that it was rear wheel drive. I have the V6 model and I wouldn't change anything about it. All in all, it's a sweet car, gets lots of looks and moves like crazy on the highway. I wanted a Nissan Z, but I need something to drive in the winter and this car is my Practical Z."

Probable the best care I have owned

By on Saturday, August 02, 2014

"Excellent automobile; very comfortable on long drives or around town. Gas mileage is 28-29 mpg in town 30-31 highway. Lots of trunk space for those vacations or the weekly trip to the store. The 6 CD changer lets you load plenty of favorite music or Sirius is also available. Love the heated leather front seats, especially when the temps dip to -19 in a Michigan winter. Car handles great in the snow and ice."

The wind and road noise was bad .

By on Saturday, March 02, 2013

Reason: Road noise, wind noise

Pros: "Nice looking car"

Cons: "Road and wind noise"

"Loved likes and style of your Accord 2012 ex-L , but the road noise was to much and we had to sold the car. So disappointed, we exactly bought the car on the facts. "it was. A honda Accord " but it failed ."

i love my car

By on Friday, December 07, 2012

Pros: "great price, comfortable, roomy, great gas mileage"

Cons: "no arm rest in the front seats, all i can think of"

"I bought this car a couple of months ago with my fiance. We both love our new car. We got the 2010 Accord LX-P. Its roomy on the inside and sophisticated on the outside. it has a super sleek design that i wanted and the power that he wanted. This is a perfect fit for the two of us. reading some of the reviews shocked me: i do no have any road noise, the turning radius and gas mileage are awesome, and the power has not failed us yet. This is a very good car and i would recommend it to anyone i know. I also own a 2004 PT Cruiser. My fiance and i fight over who is going to drive the honda to work every day... love it.."

Love this car!

By on Friday, June 08, 2012

Pros: "Great value for the dollar."

Cons: "Haven't found one yet."

"I love this car. We own 4 Hondas. Two Civics, and two Accords. They are reliable, have great resale and feel like they are screwed together by eye surgeons. Love the quality. Gas mileage on the Accords is 27 to 33 in town and 38 on the highway. They are tight and responsive. I will never buy anything but a Honda."

4 cyl EX

By on Friday, December 05, 2008

"My husband & I trade off driving our 08 Honda Accord EX 4 cyl and our 07 Tahoe. We originally got it when I was commuting 50 miles one way to work to save on gas. This is the second Honda that we have owned and have nothing buy positive things to say. We have had it for about 8 months and we live in south Louisiana. We average 30 mpg and I don't really notice the road noise or flickering headlights that others have commented on, not to say they aren't there, but I have not noticed it. I opted for cloth seats in this one is because I did not like the puckered look of the leather seats. I find them to be comfortable and my 6'2" husband has not complained either. Overall, I think we made a great decision and love our Accord"

BEST CAR I EVER OWNED!!!

By on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

"I've owned 20 cars in my lifetime, and, without any doubt whatsoever, this is the BEST vehicle that I have ever owned!! 28 city, 34 plus highway (with the air on!) - 4 cyl version. Navigation, blue tooth hands free phone, heated drivers and passenger seats, 6 disk cd changer, satellite radio, heated mirrors, mp3 player and the coupe is a great looking car, very sleek and well designed!"

Still drives like new with 105k miles

By on Saturday, July 13, 2013

Pros: "mpg, steering, room, value"

Cons: "road noise, original rear brakes"

"Great car for the hiway. Steering feel is good. Averaging 32 mpg (80% hiway). A bit more road noise than some. Plenty of acceleration for passing."

Best car- ever.

By on Friday, May 31, 2013

Pros: "Good performance, fuel economy, great appearance."

Cons: "None."

"This is the best, most reliable car I have ever owned. On the highway I have been able to get 30 mpg with the V6 version. Nothing has ever gone wrong with the vehicle and people still rave at the way it looks. I have only performed routine maintenance in the five years I have owned it. The tires still have good tread and the brakes look like they will certainly last another 25,000 miiles."

The Best Car I Have Ever Owned!

By on Sunday, August 05, 2012

Pros: "Love the gas Mileage"

"I have had used cars all mylife.85 BMW my first car,95 ford taurus, and my last one 2001 ford taurus. After working at Honda dealer for one year, i knew I wanted an accord just didnt want a car payment at that time. Got new job working at a BMW Dealer and decided to purchase 2012 Honda Accord. Best car i have owned so far. Love the gas mileage i get I drive at least 100 miles a day home to work."

BEST CAR!

By on Monday, July 30, 2012

Pros: "Great quality at a reasonable, competitive price"

Cons: "I didnt get it sooner!"

"Everything from fit and finish to driveability to comfort and quality! The best car I have ever owned - and I've owned a bunch...."

GREAT VEHICLE, WELL DESIGNED

By on Monday, June 18, 2012

"Reliable and family friendly! I love that the navigation monitor is separate from the radio and climate controls. Therefore, if the monitor dies out way down the road I will still have accessibility to my other controls and not SOL until it is repaired. This and many other attributes shows great engineering in this vehicle!"

Good, reliable, but unexciting

By on Friday, November 04, 2011

Pros: "Reliability, comfort"

Cons: "acceleration"

"Very reliable so far (3 yrs, 17K miles.) Handling is good. Acceleration is sedate, despite the high horsepower. But it's the only midsize left under $25K where I can get a 4 cyl, 5 spd, and still get some luxury. Oddly there's no dash computer. Outside temp only on the top of the line."

Excellent car

By on Saturday, February 16, 2008

"I traded my Honda Civic 2006 for the new Accord 2008 and I love it so far. The car accelerate smoothly, love the ride. I love the exterior, very classy. The interior is very roomy but the only problem is that I got a black cloth seat which is very visable to see dust. This really bug me. Also, I expected this car to have a temperature gauge but unfortunately not. Overall, excellent choice for a compact car."

great ride

By on Sunday, February 10, 2008

"A friend of mine owns a 2006 model and I loved it. Well when I drove the 2008 Accord EX-L 4 cylinder it just blew my mind.By the way I test drove the exact car I bought.I researched the car on the internet. Price wise I bought the car well below KBB listing as to what consumers are paying.Thanks HONDA"

A Perfect car if you have only one car

By on Thursday, May 21, 2015

"I used to have a coupe civic 2006 before this, that car had more driving dynamics, joy of driving, etc, and was way better on gas, it was also good for mid range trips, but the rear passengers were not very comfortable getting on and off the car. This Accord, offer way more space, has a way higher, smoother drive, but not that great on gas, and also is less maneuverable on ramps and sharp curves! But put 4 people in it, with all the luggage you can imagine, sit there and drive for 4-5 hours straight! You won't be tired when you get off, and the tank is still half! the gas mileage is great on high ways (I think around 34, yeah not civic, but still great!)"