2007 Honda Accord

Based on 2200 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

2004 Accord LX 2.4L Manual

By on Friday, November 20, 2009

"Bought new in 2004. Now in Nov 2009, it's got 190,000 easy miles. I've replaced the headlights once, but another just burned out today; replaced the battery 3 years ago because the starter sounded wimpy in winter. It's got a bad wheel bearing that needs to be replaced, but other than that all it's ever needed were oil and gas. It's still got the original brake pads, rotors and shoes! I replaced the tires three years ago; they now have 118,000 miles and they're not to the wear-bars yet. It usually gets 38 mpg on the highway with 87 octane, but has gone as low as 35 (bad gas)? Complaints - none. Nit-picky stuff - it's not as quiet as some and the seating is just a bit off. Easily the best car I've ever owned."

Great car, but a major problem

By on Monday, July 13, 2009

"Bought this car new in 2003, the best thing I ever did. I love this car! The handling is amazing, the power is perfect and it's easy on gas! The interior is quality and I never had a problem with anything, just did normal maintainance. There was a recall on transmission a few years ago and I had mine checked at the dealer. They said mine was fine and they installed a cooler on second gear to prevent the problems. They told me the transmissions had a problem but if I took good care of it, it would be fine. I changed the tranny fluid and had it flushed at all recommended times. June of 2009 I started feeling a skip around second gear. The problem continued and I began to get concerned. After only a little research online I learned that many people were having the same problems with the 2003 V6 models. The solution... new transmission. I took mine to the dealer the other day and got the bad news, needs a whole new trans. I'm fighting Honda to pay for it because this is a real problem. This car needs a full recall on the transmission. I feel horrible because I honestly love this car, it's a dream. It's hard to accept the truth but I guess no vehicle is perfect. Just wanted to let everyone know, watch the transmissions on the 2003 V6 Accords."

Would Recommend

By on Wednesday, June 17, 2009

"I've owned the Lx V6 Coupe for a little over a year (bought certified pre-owned from Honda dealer) and have not had any problems. The good: The engine is great (I prefer the V6 to the 4 which I have also driven). Reliable car (I've only done oil changes and tire rotation) Comfortable Dash layout is good Downsides: Body panels "ding" very easily compared to other cars Columns in the back cause a blindspot and so do the columns in the front in a parking garage type situation (this may be my height, I'm 5'4") Front seat is a a bit difficult to get out of (again might be my height) A/C - vents are difficult to adjust Dash is black which emits heat - I live in FL so this causes a lot of extra heat in the car in the summer I bought my car used, and we didn't notice that the stereo speakers in the rear do not seem to have full power, the prior owner did some modifications to put iPod power into the stereo and we cannot find the problem, however this is not Honda's issue (I don't think so at least). Overall a very good car - I would probably sell it for a 4 door V6 Accord since we will be having a family soon and the 2 door coupe isn't as easy with baby seats."

One of my best cars

By on Wednesday, August 8, 2007

"I have an 07 Accord SE 2.4 Sedan. Overall, it is one of the best cars I have owned in terms of reliability and value. The ride is good and it is comfortable commuter car. The SE essentially has the look of the EX Model as far as the alloy wheels and color keyed mirrors and rocker panels. The SE is good choice for a consumer who needs a good car but doesn't want leather, a sunroof and automatic climate control. I only wish the car had the manual heigh adjustment on the pasenger seat, otherwise I am very satisfied with the car."

Great Everyday Car

By on Wednesday, April 25, 2007

"I drive a lot for my job, and needed a car that got good fuel mileage, was reliable, somewhat fun to drive, safe, had a good amount of space. The Accord had everything I was looking for in a car, and hopefully will last a really long time. I already have 12,000 miles in 6 months, and it's running solid. I did a lot of research, compared it to every other family car out there, and it simply was the best in its class."

I own this vehicle

By on Monday, December 14, 2015

"Hello! I never liked Hondas but when I went car shopping and drove this baby I felt in love, it's convenient ( can park anywhere) gas saver, can run real fast, everyone that jumps in complements it and the best part is that haven't give me not problem at all since 3 years ago!!"

I have loved this baby 11 years, passing to son

By on Monday, October 5, 2015

Pros: "Great price, reliability!"

Cons: "Can't replace her today!"

"11years and only 1 major repair other than routine maintenance. Wishing I could buy her all over again."

I am pleased with it

By on Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Pros: "comfortable, easy on gas, dependable"

Cons: "none come to mind"

"Bought it with 85000 on it now 105000. Mo problems with it. Had a tune up @ 100,000. replaced an o ring in power steering @ 90,000. MPG is good lots of power."

Top notch quality, reliability and handling

By on Monday, March 30, 2015

Pros: "Fun drive, reliable, solid, safe,good handling"

"Only service ever required was a change of oil every 2000 mi. Car is as solid today as the day it was bought. Garaged from the day it was bought.Clean throughout"

Best car I've ever owned

By on Monday, February 16, 2015

Pros: "Fuel efficiency, reliability, comfortable"

Cons: "Road and wind noise could be better"

"I purchased this car CPO in April 2007 with 40,000 miles on the odometer. I now have 247,000 worry free miles on the car. Not a single major issue. Regular oil changes every 5,000 miles. 30k, 60k, 90k services done on time. Replaced original starter and alternator in 2013. Gets 31-33 MPG on the highway. I have driven the car from So Cal to Colorado Springs (1200 miles each way) and would not be worried to do it again. The 4-cyl engine has pep, even with all those miles. No transmission problems (from my understanding, most of the transmission issues were with the V6). It's not the fastest car I've ever owned, or the sportiest. But it blends fun, practicality, and reliability into a great little package that seats 4 adults comfortably on a jaunt around town or a 400 mile road trip."

Best Car I've ever owned

By on Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, comfortable, responsive, cool ride"

"My Honda Accord EX V6 Coupe is the best car I've ever owned. For 10 of 11 years it was reliable, great to drive and park, pretty good on gas for a 6 and she was beautiful. I took it on many trips as well as using it as the "mom taxi". At one point until High School I fit 3 kids in the back. When my daughter went to college she used it for 3 entire years but its been back to me the last year as she is now living in the city. The car never broke down. I have had all the maintenance performed on schedule so that may have contributed but I just think I would up with a gem. Other than a recall item this car has never needed to be in the shop. Its year 11 of ownership and the clear coat has been rapidly chipping off so she is no longer a beauty. But her engine is still in tip top condition and the only reason I am considering getting rid of her is I have no need for a second car. I bet after having it repainted the next owner would get another 200k miles out of it."

Excellent car for reliability and comfort!

By on Sunday, September 21, 2014

"I have been been the only owner of my 2005 Honda Accord LX and bought it new. Maintenance has been regular and I believe if you take care of this car, it will take care of you. I would recommend one thing to those who will need to replace tires at some point. I had Michelin tires originally and then replaced with "lesser" brand. Really do believe that the quality of tires may make a huge difference in the amount of sound in the cabin. It seems considerably noisier now. My next round of tires will be Michelin again! Excellent car - this is my 4th Honda car. 3 ACURAS and 1 Honda Accord. I will probably never own anything but these line of products!!!"

Love this car!

By on Monday, September 15, 2014

Pros: "Handling, functionality, reliability."

Cons: "No MP3 connection"

"The SE-V6 package makes this car handle like an Acura. Very smooth, nice stereo with 5-CD changer. Plenty of room front seat and back. Radio controls on the steering wheel come in real handy. The intermittent wipers slow down with the car. Little things but very useful. I don't even want a new car. I love this one so much I want to keep it running forever."

Great value, competent performance, and reliable

By on Saturday, September 6, 2014

Pros: "Great value and endless styling"

Cons: "An image as a family car rather than sports sedan"

"A very reliable and dependable family car which could be a sports sedan when outfitted with the V6 engine. The styling has stayed fresh despite being 12 years and three Accord generations old."

this has been a great car!

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Pros: "value, reliability"

Cons: "doesn't have the latest electronic features"

"This has been a great, reliable car. No issues other than general maintenance. Highly recommend, I would buy this car again."

Love this car

By on Sunday, November 24, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, great ride, comfortable"

"I bought this car 5 years ago used - love it. It's comfortable for long commutes. Barely had to repair anything except the norm, brakes, battery etc. I highly recommend."

Great every day runner.

By on Saturday, November 16, 2013

Pros: "Dependability, good mileage and decent ride."

Cons: "A bit spartan interior but it is the base level."

"Bought car as second owner. Very dependable. Great mileage. Get 33+ mpg on highway. Who needs a hybrid? Little 4 banger keeps going as long as you change the oil and filter."

Want to keep this car forwever!

By on Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pros: "Fun, sporty, reliable"

Cons: "Nothing!"

"I will only buy Honda's from now on, but I probably won't be buying one for a long time since I plan to keep this one until it dies."

An amazing first car!

By on Monday, July 1, 2013

Pros: "Design, Fuel Economy, Sporty, Comfortable, Simple"

Cons: "Freeway Power, 5 Speed Auto slightly clunky"

"This is my first car, and what a car it is. I have a basic LX model, but it still has cruise control, automatic truck, air conditioning, height adjustment driver seat, and plenty of truck/rear seat room. The 4 cylinder is a peach. Great power off the line, and the more power as you climb the revs!"

Best 2003 luxury car for $ and MPG

By on Sunday, March 24, 2013

Reason: 2013 EXL V6 replacement!

Pros: "Interior materials and finish and features."

Cons: "Expensive electrical repair and average brakes."

"Bought this new for $25,500 and sold after 10 years $10,000; MPG: city 19/hwy 32/overall26. Only major costs were replaced tires twice for about $700 for 4 Michelins, and 100K tuneup for $900 and brakes upgrade for $350. Honda paint lasts forever! Remotely open all windows cools car in summer. Brakes could have been better. Interior leather and fit and finish is impeccable. Handling is a dream pushing around turns on verge of losing traction on rear wheels at 20 to 30 mph over expectations with little body lean. Heated seats, power everything, V6 allowed great advantages at upper limits. Top speed I drove on Hwy 395 mid-day 123 and slowed only for an antelope. No sense of speed or engine working or poor handling at 85 or 90 mph. This car was a steal when I bought it and a dream to sell for 30% over KBB late 2012. Comfort on long trips was unbelieveable. Back passengers had more leg room than any of the luxury cars which cost twice to three times as much. Loved it so much, I bought a 2013 EXL-V6 that has the 6th gear needed in the auto trans. This is the car the larger Acuras are built upon: same chassis; same interior layout; just does not cost the extra $5K to $10K. So glad Honda is back in business with the '13 model rebuild. Reliability is the key to all Honda products. Loved my 2003; Got a trophy car in my 2013!"

An over all good choice

By on Friday, February 1, 2013

Reason: Failed Transmission

Pros: "Gas Mileage, Comfort, Quality, Ride, Power"

Cons: "Poor Clearcoat quality my black car was fading."

"This vehicle handles and drives well. Its comfortable has a good ride and the quality is there. I recently traded this car at 121000 miles I never had a problem with it until 118000 miles when the transmission started shifting up and down when it was in final gear. Around 121000 it was slipping.Took it to Honda they said needed a new tranny 3500$. Over all I liked this car and would suggest to anyone to buy one. As you can see in the rest of the reviews what I experienced was rare but also on that note if you google 2004 Honda accord transmission problem others have had this problem I experienced. Like a said the engine and everything else was perfect. I traded my accord in on a Camry and looking forward to see what the Camry will do in comparison to an Accord. Ill also note that I owned a 2001 accord that ran great to 200000 miles so Accords are a good and solid choice."

Best car out there

By on Sunday, January 20, 2013

Pros: "great price, no mechanical problems, reliablitity"

"I have owned this car for 8 years and I have never had any mechanical problems. It has 200,100 miles on it and still runs like I just bought it. I have kept my oil and fluids up to date and have done normal maintenance on it. The best car I have ever owned!"

One of the best & most reliable cars ever owned.

By on Saturday, January 5, 2013

"My 2003 Honda Accord 2-D LX coupe has been the most reliable car that I've owned. It has a great body style, the interior is comfortable and all of the instrumentation & controls are easily located and accessible. The handling of this car is good to very good, the automatic transmission shifts smoothly whether accelerating or decelerating. The 160 hp 2.4L DOHC twin-cam 16-valve fuel injected 4-cylinder gas engine has plenty of power and accelerates very well. The engine/transaxle combination is a perfect fit and provides excellent gas mileage (a little over 32mpg on the highway with a little more than 26mpg on average city/highway). The AM/FM stereo/single disc CD has great sound a plenty of power but this model year seems to have an inherent problem where the stereo sound comes and goes and by all indications on the LCD screen, appears to be working normally, but produces no sound. If the stereo power is on and hasn't been putting out sound for days and/or weeks, you can be driving along and hear something that sounds a bit like a huge static discharge or (loud snapping sound) you will get a lot of static sound from the speakers...when this happens, you can turn off the stereo and then turn it back on and all of a sudden, the stereo is working just fine again. You just never know when it will decide to quit again. You can tell whether the stereo will work right away when you touch the power button to turn on. If the LCD volume level indicator appears within a couple of seconds after turning the stereo on, it will produce sound. However, if the volume indicator takes 10 or more seconds to display after powering the stereo on, you will know that it has stopped working once more. It seem that all you can do is to wait for it to magically begin working again. The stereo system works only about 10-20 percent of the time. One of my pet peeves has to do with the drive and passenger seat belts. Neither seat belt retracts without having to make certain that the belt is free from the slightest twist. After a little coaxing, they will retract but is a nuisance. I've tried to do everything that the owner's manual suggests to make certain that the belts will retract properly. The manual states that one of the most important things that you can do is to clean the plastic belt guides to keep the belts from sticking. I've tried everything but I think the real problem is that the recoil spring tension is undersized or the location of the belt guides is just not located at the right position to feed the belt. Other issues that i've had concerns the LCD backlighting on the stereo face blacking out from time to time and the power windows seem to hang up when the windows are closed and you're trying try to open them. After a few tries, they will usually break free. The last thing that I believe to be a design problem is the size of the battery. Although the battery always seems to start the car just fine, one day the battery will just be toast without warning. Based on the battery size in my 2002 Nissan Sentra GXE that only has a 1.8L 16-valve 4-cylinder engine, the battery in my 2003 Honda Accord is only about 2/3 to 3/4 the size of the battery in my Sentra...and has fewer cold cranking amps. Then again, even with the problems that I've mentioned, the Honda has more HP than my Nissan (160 compared to 126), better brakes, handling, and still gives me better fuel mileage (32+ mpg vs. 29-30 mpg highway). If I were to score both cars using the 1-10 scale, my Honda would end up around 8 and my Nissan 6.5. Both are very good quality vehicles and have been very dependable and are both being driven many years after having been paid for."

The perfect car.

By on Thursday, November 29, 2012

Pros: "Pretty much everything is perfect."

Cons: "Rear wheels shudder on takeoff on wet road."

"The Honda Accord fits me like a glove. I've bought Hondas for a long time and they're still top-notch. One advantage over the Camry is that the Honda has a telescoping steering wheel."

Best car for the money

By on Friday, November 9, 2012

Pros: "reliable reliable relaible.. Great car"

Cons: "better interiors could be better"

"The best family car to have. Amazing car will not disappoint you never. Driven 72k miles and the only thing ever changed was the tires once and the breaks 2 times. Just a amazing reliable car. Great for college students just amazing car."