2007 Honda Accord

Based on 2047 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

Best vehicle for people that don't change cars

By on Sunday, August 03, 2014

Pros: "very clean"

"Avery clean Accord with some hook up rims, music,from lips and back tail.LEDday ligts and remote start systemwith Python Alarm System."

Just an OK Car in My Opinion

By on Saturday, August 02, 2014

Reason: Was time for a new car

Pros: "Lots of power, nice interior design"

Cons: "Bumpy and noisy ride (coupe), lower reliability"

"I owned a 2003 Honda Accord EX coupe with a V6 engine for 10 years and traded it in for another car brand at 126,700 miles. It was one year old and a used pre-certified vehicle with 27,000 miles when I bought it. I had a lot of nice bells and whistles in it--leather seats, sunroof, power everything. Most of the time it was a dependable car, but I did have a few minor annoyances through the years that had to be repaired. The driver's side power window stopped working at one point--it was covered by my extended warranty and then Honda issued a recall. A part in the A/C broke and the car was blowing hot air as well as a horrible smell...that was repaired under warranty. The backlight for the radio/temperature display burned out on me three times. The first two times it was replaced under warranty but when it went the third time my warranty had expired and it would have cost me at least $500 for the part to replace it. There were also some recalls with the ignition and the automatic transmission that were taken care of. But the biggest annoyance was that the 6-CD changer/player stopped ejecting my disks, and I would get an error message. Swiping a credit card into the slot and restarting the car/radio would resolve the issue, until I tried ejecting them again. When I researched it I found that it was a common problem with this year Honda Accord and their CD player. The dealer told me they would have to remove the entire console including the temperature controls and I would be without the whole unit for approximately 8 weeks! I said no thanks as I've heard they sometimes ship the unit to Japan and your CDs arrive in an envelope from the country. Also, despite the regular oil changes and maintenance I always had done on the car, by the dealer I purchased it with, the engine died on me a couple of months before I traded it in--thank goodness right in my driveway--after taking it on a 40 mile roundtrip. I put the brake on to open up the garage door and when I put on the accelerator it sputtered and quit. It wouldn't start the next day and AAA looked at it and advised having it towed to the dealer. AAA checked the battery and ran a test on the alternator and both were totally fine. Two days later it DID start again and I took it to the gas station and filled it with premium gas; not sure if this helped "clean" it but it didn't give me any more problems after that. However, I was very nervous about driving it after that and that it would die on me in traffic. Also, I had the coupe and while it's a sporty looking car with nice lines, the ride was terrible after a while...you feel every bump. Very loud car on the highway in regards to road noise. You also sit low. Backseat headroom is tight because of the sloping roofline. I'm 5'8" and my head touched the top of the windshield and almost the roof. The trunk was huge, especially with the rear folding seats. Very comfortable seats, even on long drives, and I loved the sound of the stereo system. The car did well in the winter after I switched the tires to ones that had better ratings in regards to grip in the snow and wet weather. Gas mileage was so-so, especially by today's standards. With the V6 I was lucky to get 24 mpg with mixed highway/backroad driving. I do love Hondas and I know they have a lot of fans, but I ended up trading this car for a 2014 Volkswagen Jetta SE and have zero regrets. It is a much more comfortable car for me to drive personally, with more room, yet just as zippy."

This has been and continues to be one great car.

By on Saturday, August 02, 2014

"Other than routine maintenance, this car has not needed any service. It still runs like a champ!"

This was my second Accord Coupe. I love this car.

By on Thursday, July 31, 2014

Pros: "It's just a great car to drive and it's reliable."

Cons: "Rearview mirrors must be clean for visablity."

"I took care of this car and the car took care of me. Any/all scheduled maintenance on the car was done through the dealership where I bought my car. Their service department is the best I ever had to deal with. Never once did I feel I was being taken advantage of when my car needed work done. The only complaint I have with this car is it got stuck in 10 inches of heavy wet snow. Even with traction control. But most days it does handle well in the snow."

Best Vehicle ever

By on Wednesday, July 30, 2014

"Its has the balance of everything. Comfort , performance and price."