2006 Honda Accord

Based on 2060 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

One owner car. Always garaged. Mostly short trip

By on Friday, August 08, 2014

Pros: "One of the best and most reliable cars I have ever"

Cons: "Back seat not easily accessed by older friends."

"Vehicle has always been maintained by Honda dealer as scheduled."

Extremely reliable, great engine/trany combo

By on Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Pros: "Very reliable, 36 mpg on the highway, 6 cd changer"

Cons: "Seat is uncomfortable after a few hours of driving"

"Bought certified car with 19k miles. Dealer changed battery at 50k for free. This year '06, began the no belt to timing chain engine. This car drives like a sports car. A little stiff, hugs the road and very smooth at ANY speed. Highway passing a breeze. Steering wheel controls are great for cruise control and radio. Seats are hard, but wear well. I love this car! Plan is to drive it to 500,000 K."

Wish I could keep it. :(

By on Monday, August 04, 2014

Pros: "SAFE=RELIABLE=FUN....oh and CUTE ! :)"

Cons: "NONE !"

"I love this car, it has been the most reliable, safe, and yet funnest car I have owned to date. I have owned it now for a little over 2 years (bought it off a dealership lot as "certified pre-owned") and I don't want to let it go, but at this time I am not in any financial way to fix it. Plus I walk most places now so it wouldn't make sense... There is a brand new motor(engine) in it with less than 55, 000 miles.(crate shipped from Japan)I have all the documentation and info for that along with everything else that has been done to it.There has been no work that has been required (except regular service) all the way around. there are low profile racing rims and tires with a lug/wheel lock that is included. However most recently I took it in for a front end steering wheel wobble the shop (Honda) has diagnosed it as "needing to replace both front axles".(diagnosis, referral, & estimate included) *To me this car is and has been well worth it to fix, however I just don't have the money or the space*"

Best vehicle for people that don't change cars

By on Sunday, August 03, 2014

Pros: "very clean"

"Avery clean Accord with some hook up rims, music,from lips and back tail.LEDday ligts and remote start systemwith Python Alarm System."

Just an OK Car in My Opinion

By on Saturday, August 02, 2014

Reason: Was time for a new car

Pros: "Lots of power, nice interior design"

Cons: "Bumpy and noisy ride (coupe), lower reliability"

"I owned a 2003 Honda Accord EX coupe with a V6 engine for 10 years and traded it in for another car brand at 126,700 miles. It was one year old and a used pre-certified vehicle with 27,000 miles when I bought it. I had a lot of nice bells and whistles in it--leather seats, sunroof, power everything. Most of the time it was a dependable car, but I did have a few minor annoyances through the years that had to be repaired. The driver's side power window stopped working at one point--it was covered by my extended warranty and then Honda issued a recall. A part in the A/C broke and the car was blowing hot air as well as a horrible smell...that was repaired under warranty. The backlight for the radio/temperature display burned out on me three times. The first two times it was replaced under warranty but when it went the third time my warranty had expired and it would have cost me at least $500 for the part to replace it. There were also some recalls with the ignition and the automatic transmission that were taken care of. But the biggest annoyance was that the 6-CD changer/player stopped ejecting my disks, and I would get an error message. Swiping a credit card into the slot and restarting the car/radio would resolve the issue, until I tried ejecting them again. When I researched it I found that it was a common problem with this year Honda Accord and their CD player. The dealer told me they would have to remove the entire console including the temperature controls and I would be without the whole unit for approximately 8 weeks! I said no thanks as I've heard they sometimes ship the unit to Japan and your CDs arrive in an envelope from the country. Also, despite the regular oil changes and maintenance I always had done on the car, by the dealer I purchased it with, the engine died on me a couple of months before I traded it in--thank goodness right in my driveway--after taking it on a 40 mile roundtrip. I put the brake on to open up the garage door and when I put on the accelerator it sputtered and quit. It wouldn't start the next day and AAA looked at it and advised having it towed to the dealer. AAA checked the battery and ran a test on the alternator and both were totally fine. Two days later it DID start again and I took it to the gas station and filled it with premium gas; not sure if this helped "clean" it but it didn't give me any more problems after that. However, I was very nervous about driving it after that and that it would die on me in traffic. Also, I had the coupe and while it's a sporty looking car with nice lines, the ride was terrible after a while...you feel every bump. Very loud car on the highway in regards to road noise. You also sit low. Backseat headroom is tight because of the sloping roofline. I'm 5'8" and my head touched the top of the windshield and almost the roof. The trunk was huge, especially with the rear folding seats. Very comfortable seats, even on long drives, and I loved the sound of the stereo system. The car did well in the winter after I switched the tires to ones that had better ratings in regards to grip in the snow and wet weather. Gas mileage was so-so, especially by today's standards. With the V6 I was lucky to get 24 mpg with mixed highway/backroad driving. I do love Hondas and I know they have a lot of fans, but I ended up trading this car for a 2014 Volkswagen Jetta SE and have zero regrets. It is a much more comfortable car for me to drive personally, with more room, yet just as zippy."