2006 Honda Accord

Based on 2143 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

been a sad purchase!

By on Monday, January 07, 2008

"this is my second Accord! my first was rock solid and was relieble until i sold it with 118,000 miles. So, i decided to buy a new 2004 EX-L . After 3 years and 120,000 miles I have had to put in over $4000!! The electrical problems i have had with this model has absolutely unacceptable, new headlights foglights and relays. Now the lighting for the radio headunit burned out and the dealer quoted me a cost of $1000 to replace it! I've also had problems with the Cd-player and the drivers seat. A pricey disappointment!"

99K and going strong

By on Saturday, November 24, 2007

"I drove this car (2003 EX-V6L) as a company vehicle for 3 years and then purchased it from my company and let my son take it to college in Minnesota for a year-and-a-half. He graduated in August 2007 and now it is back in St. Louis. This was my first Accord and is the best car I have ever owned. I now drive a 2006 EXL. The only thing that has gone wrong with the '03 is about a year ago the radio light burned out which required replacement of the entire radio. The car then had about 93,000 miles on it and my local Honda dealer called their Honda rep, who agreed to have it replaced at no cost to us. Car now has about 99,000 miles on it and is still running well. The '03 V6 gets 30-32 highway mpg and my '06 gets between 34 and 42 highway mpg (MUCH BETTER THAN RATED). Needless to say, we're very pleased with both vehicles."

Good Car, Just not at end of a model year!

By on Saturday, September 22, 2007

"I just purchased my second Honda Accord Ex V6 with Nav. and my 2007 has had more problems than any car I have ever owned. I have had to replace both rear struts, one of the rear wheel bearing and both rear window regulators. I've owned my new car for one month and it currently has 2300 miles. I purchased the car at a good price but now I debate if I will purchase another."

Outstanding commuter car

By on Saturday, July 05, 2014

"Bought this vehicle for commuter traffic. Never let me down. Have over 200,000 miles on it and it still drives like new."

excellent vehicle

By on Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, handles very well."

Cons: "stiff ride"

"I own this car for 5 years , with no problems at all, very reliable, unbelievable acceleration for a v6, one would think it was a v8. the only negative thing I could say about the car is the ride is a little stiff, especially on bumpy roads its really noticeable. other than that its a very comfortable car. I guess that's the price you pay for a great handling car."

The only car to buy

By on Thursday, April 24, 2014

"My Dad owned it brand new drove from palmbeach to miami every day and was reliable and now i own it and it still runs like new love this car"

Best Car I Will Ever Own!

By on Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Pros: "Reliability; wonderful comfort; great reputation"

Cons: "No automatic locking when you are at 10 or 20 mph"

"After owning several American-made cars (e.g., Chevy, Plymouth, etc.) and then going foreign to a Honda Accord, I will never go back. Hands down, best car ever made. The drive is as smooth as silk, it handles turns and curves wonderfully, and is a joy to drive. The comfort is unmatched with nice cloth seats, a decent stereo system and a great V-6 engine. The reliability alone is what makes Honda #1 in the market. As much as I would love to buy American and support our country's workers, the cars here don't compare to their foreign competitors. Yes, you pay more, but you do get what you pay for most of the time. I'd rather put out more money and have a safe vehicle. Go buy one today!"

Awesome car

By on Saturday, May 04, 2013

"I have been driving my 2006 Accord for now 7 years and put 117K miles on it. I take good care of it. I am only on my 3 set of tires, second set of brakes. I drove this car in snow, desert, city etc... and it is a pleasure to drive.The newer models are even better. The only issue I have with my 06 is that I am 6"2 and I wish the seat moved back a bit more. I sat in a newer model recently and I could barely reach the pedals. My other wish is that they still made a station wagon version which they make in Europe. I give this car a 10"

Don't buy a used hybrid if you can help it

By on Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Pros: "great MPG when you drive it properly"

Cons: "expensive to maintain as a hybrid"

"We bought this car used for $9000 with 103000 miles already on it. For the price, we thought it was a good deal. For the most part, the car is a decent car. My husband is 6'7" and over 200 lbs...he fit in it very well, so that's the main reason we bought it. About 10,000 miles into our purchase, and six months later, the IMA (Integrated Motor Assist) light came on. We took it into our mechanic right away and informed us that it would be a $2800 repair at MINIMUM. We also needed a new timing belt and water pump since the "check engine/engine failure" light came on at the same time. These problems are generally covered under warranty, but only up to 85000 miles...the light will go on and off until we replace the battery. Do. Your. Research! Make sure you know what you're buying...I wish we had. We're new parents and we were just looking for a reliable, hardy car to protect our family and ended up putting almost $5000 of repairs into it."

Transmission failure

By on Monday, February 13, 2012

Pros: "price, drive, comfort,"

Cons: "road noise, transmission doesn't last"

"I have owned this care since it was new and done all the routine maintenance. This past week the transmission failed. There are many 2003-2004 Accords with transmission problems. There is even a recall on some of the 2004's but of course mine doesn't have the correct VIN # to fall under the recall. So now I am having to put a new transmission in this car. BEWARE of buying used 2003/2004 Accords... You might have to pay to put a transmission in."