2006 Honda Accord

Based on 2161 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

Outstanding Sedan

By on Monday, October 22, 2012

Pros: "Owned 20 cars, my Accord is outstanding"

Cons: "Hard to be critical of an Accord"

"My wife and I have owned this Accord in Ohio, Alberta, and Texas. We have driven the car in Canada in the winter, Texas in the summer, and the Rocky Mountains in all four seasons. Pros: 1. Extremely reliable, very few problems. 2. Very high quality overall design. 3. I like the 4 cylinder handling better than the 6. 4. 4 cylinder engine/tranmission gives good acceleration and averages 28 MPG. 5. Smooth and quiet at 120 mph. 6. Great handling for a family sedan. 7. Comfortable seats for four adults on long trips. 8. Elegant interior, well designed, well constructed. 9. Still quiet at 100,000 miles. 10. Clear instrumentation. 11. AM/FM/CD/XM audio system works well and sounds great. Cons: 1. Underbody started to rust when we were living in northern Ohio and Alberta with the salt and other chemicals on the winter roads. 2. Center stack electronics package failed at 70,000 miles, cost to replace around $1800+. Covered under extra cost extended warranty. 3. Driver's leather seat cover worn out at 95,000 miles, replacement cover very expensive."

I like the car in spite of some faults.

By on Monday, August 27, 2012

Pros: "Dependable, good driver."

Cons: "Lots of wind noise."

"CONS: 1. Rear brakes worn out at 20,000 miles. Faulty build. Replaced rear rotors and pads, installed them correctly and no further problems. (Car built in USA). 2. Drivers power window component broke. 3. Lots of wind noise. This is a decked out Honda Accord with all the bells and whistles. For all that, still lots of wind noise at highway speeds. I expected better. 4. One front speaker was defective from the factory. 5. Gear selector is on the "on the floor" between front seats where it manages to be constantly in the way of everything. Stupid location and all for looks. PROS: 1. Engine after 7 years and with a 120,000 miles still as dependable and powerful as when new. V6 power is there if you need it. Moves right smartly off the line or when passing. 2. Body still solid and all the electronics (heated seats, power roof, radio, etc) are still functional."

Mint condition

By on Thursday, July 16, 2015

Pros: "Show room condition and looks"

"This car has always been garaged and given excellent attention and care. Owners wife loves this car, but because of her physical health condition they need to sell it. It truly drives and looks like new inside and out. Very low miles"

Outstanding, 33 miles/gal even at 215,000 miles

By on Friday, August 23, 2013

"I bought this car new, and it has not let me down, ever. I get great milage, 33.5 miles over the road even with an odometer reading over 213,000 miles. It has zip -- get up and go. I would not think of getting any other kind of car after owning this Honda. My friend had told me I was foolish to buy the extra warranty when I bought it, and she was absolutely correct. I have done only normal maintenance to this car; oil changes regularly, serpentine belt replaced 2x in that milage. It is still going, but I feel I have to replace it with another Honda. This probably a mistake and based on advice from others, not my heart. I have not really loved a car since I was young and owned a TriumphSpitfire (2 seater), but now remember what it is like to love your car."

Don't buy a used hybrid if you can help it

By on Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Pros: "great MPG when you drive it properly"

Cons: "expensive to maintain as a hybrid"

"We bought this car used for $9000 with 103000 miles already on it. For the price, we thought it was a good deal. For the most part, the car is a decent car. My husband is 6'7" and over 200 lbs...he fit in it very well, so that's the main reason we bought it. About 10,000 miles into our purchase, and six months later, the IMA (Integrated Motor Assist) light came on. We took it into our mechanic right away and informed us that it would be a $2800 repair at MINIMUM. We also needed a new timing belt and water pump since the "check engine/engine failure" light came on at the same time. These problems are generally covered under warranty, but only up to 85000 miles...the light will go on and off until we replace the battery. Do. Your. Research! Make sure you know what you're buying...I wish we had. We're new parents and we were just looking for a reliable, hardy car to protect our family and ended up putting almost $5000 of repairs into it."