2005 Honda Accord

Based on 2201 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

I like the car in spite of some faults.

By on Monday, August 27, 2012

Pros: "Dependable, good driver."

Cons: "Lots of wind noise."

"CONS: 1. Rear brakes worn out at 20,000 miles. Faulty build. Replaced rear rotors and pads, installed them correctly and no further problems. (Car built in USA). 2. Drivers power window component broke. 3. Lots of wind noise. This is a decked out Honda Accord with all the bells and whistles. For all that, still lots of wind noise at highway speeds. I expected better. 4. One front speaker was defective from the factory. 5. Gear selector is on the "on the floor" between front seats where it manages to be constantly in the way of everything. Stupid location and all for looks. PROS: 1. Engine after 7 years and with a 120,000 miles still as dependable and powerful as when new. V6 power is there if you need it. Moves right smartly off the line or when passing. 2. Body still solid and all the electronics (heated seats, power roof, radio, etc) are still functional."

Don't buy a used hybrid if you can help it

By on Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Pros: "great MPG when you drive it properly"

Cons: "expensive to maintain as a hybrid"

"We bought this car used for $9000 with 103000 miles already on it. For the price, we thought it was a good deal. For the most part, the car is a decent car. My husband is 6'7" and over 200 lbs...he fit in it very well, so that's the main reason we bought it. About 10,000 miles into our purchase, and six months later, the IMA (Integrated Motor Assist) light came on. We took it into our mechanic right away and informed us that it would be a $2800 repair at MINIMUM. We also needed a new timing belt and water pump since the "check engine/engine failure" light came on at the same time. These problems are generally covered under warranty, but only up to 85000 miles...the light will go on and off until we replace the battery. Do. Your. Research! Make sure you know what you're buying...I wish we had. We're new parents and we were just looking for a reliable, hardy car to protect our family and ended up putting almost $5000 of repairs into it."

Outstanding commuter car

By on Saturday, July 5, 2014

"Bought this vehicle for commuter traffic. Never let me down. Have over 200,000 miles on it and it still drives like new."

Watch the Transmission

By on Saturday, November 5, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Lousy transmission"

"Engine has too much torque for transmission. Several complaints at around 100,000 miles. I always maintained my vehicle, and then one day a $3500 transmission repair."

Lemon.

By on Monday, October 3, 2011

Pros: "Peppy performance, economical"

Cons: "Intermittent electrical problems. Engine blows up on occation."

"I have owned cars from every manufacturer and this has been by far, the least reliable. 9 months ago, with 55,000 miles on it - and religious oil changes - a bad coil misfired to the point where the spark plug head blew apart and damaged the cylinder itself, along with melting the threads to the cylinder head. A local import repair shop pulled the heads and repaired the damage. Now last week, when crusing down the highway @ 65mph , a loud explosion/blown engine/ puddle of oil on the ground. I am now stuck with another expensive repair to a car that was supposed to be reliable."