2005 Honda Accord

Based on 2145 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

You get what you pay for

By on Thursday, June 28, 2012

Pros: "Inexpensive, comfortable ride, gas mileage"

Cons: "Factory paint quality"

"I bought this car in late 2007 with about 66,000 miles on it for around $11,000. Six months after I bought the car, I had to replace the air conditioning and repaint the entire car because all of the clear coat and some of the actual paint was peeling off. The car was about 3 years old at the time. I'm going to chalk both of those up to the extreme climate in Texas and the fact that the car lived by the salty-aired cost in Georgia before I bought it. Recently, the navigation stopped working. It's approximately $2,000 to fix, but I don't need it to drive the car. Other than the air conditioning, I have not been forced to make any mechanical repairs. I've only had to perform regular maintenance and I've put about 100,000 miles on the car. For two years, I drove it about 350 miles round trip every weekend to see family and thought it was a very comfortable ride. The gas mileage is great. I do a lot of highway driving and I can easily get 32 miles per gallon if I'm cruising. Maintenance is cheap, and I hope to drive the car another two years. Accords will last a LONG time. Quality is not the very best, but you do get what you pay for, if not a little more."

Not impressed

By on Monday, July 21, 2008

"I bought a 2006 LX Sedan. I suppose I may be happier with the EX model (simply because the EX offers the extra features) But my main complaint is the road noise factor. I drive on a major interstate to and from work and the car is SO incredibly loud, even going 60 miles an hour. I don't necessarily believe it's the engine itself that is loud, but the way that the car is built and designed - they didn't build it in a way to cut the road noise. I will say that they car has been reliable thus far (it's only 2 yrs. old), but I will never, ever purchase another one. I had a Camry that I bought used in 1997, and that car drove smoother and so much quieter than the Honda I currently have!"

been a sad purchase!

By on Monday, January 07, 2008

"this is my second Accord! my first was rock solid and was relieble until i sold it with 118,000 miles. So, i decided to buy a new 2004 EX-L . After 3 years and 120,000 miles I have had to put in over $4000!! The electrical problems i have had with this model has absolutely unacceptable, new headlights foglights and relays. Now the lighting for the radio headunit burned out and the dealer quoted me a cost of $1000 to replace it! I've also had problems with the Cd-player and the drivers seat. A pricey disappointment!"

Good Car, Just not at end of a model year!

By on Saturday, September 22, 2007

"I just purchased my second Honda Accord Ex V6 with Nav. and my 2007 has had more problems than any car I have ever owned. I have had to replace both rear struts, one of the rear wheel bearing and both rear window regulators. I've owned my new car for one month and it currently has 2300 miles. I purchased the car at a good price but now I debate if I will purchase another."

One of the best!

By on Saturday, May 09, 2015

Pros: "Very reliable! Very easy to drive and navigate."

Cons: "Nothing major...normal wear and tears."

"I bought this car with just 18 miles on the odometer. 220K miles later it is still purring like the time I first purchased it. I have driven it from Maine to Key West and from Jacksonville, Florida to Los Angeles without any major hiccups. Absolutely love my Accord! I would recommend this car to anyone who is looking for reliability."

Outstanding commuter car

By on Saturday, July 05, 2014

"Bought this vehicle for commuter traffic. Never let me down. Have over 200,000 miles on it and it still drives like new."

excellent vehicle

By on Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, handles very well."

Cons: "stiff ride"

"I own this car for 5 years , with no problems at all, very reliable, unbelievable acceleration for a v6, one would think it was a v8. the only negative thing I could say about the car is the ride is a little stiff, especially on bumpy roads its really noticeable. other than that its a very comfortable car. I guess that's the price you pay for a great handling car."

The only car to buy

By on Thursday, April 24, 2014

"My Dad owned it brand new drove from palmbeach to miami every day and was reliable and now i own it and it still runs like new love this car"

Best Car I Will Ever Own!

By on Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Pros: "Reliability; wonderful comfort; great reputation"

Cons: "No automatic locking when you are at 10 or 20 mph"

"After owning several American-made cars (e.g., Chevy, Plymouth, etc.) and then going foreign to a Honda Accord, I will never go back. Hands down, best car ever made. The drive is as smooth as silk, it handles turns and curves wonderfully, and is a joy to drive. The comfort is unmatched with nice cloth seats, a decent stereo system and a great V-6 engine. The reliability alone is what makes Honda #1 in the market. As much as I would love to buy American and support our country's workers, the cars here don't compare to their foreign competitors. Yes, you pay more, but you do get what you pay for most of the time. I'd rather put out more money and have a safe vehicle. Go buy one today!"

Awesome car

By on Saturday, May 04, 2013

"I have been driving my 2006 Accord for now 7 years and put 117K miles on it. I take good care of it. I am only on my 3 set of tires, second set of brakes. I drove this car in snow, desert, city etc... and it is a pleasure to drive.The newer models are even better. The only issue I have with my 06 is that I am 6"2 and I wish the seat moved back a bit more. I sat in a newer model recently and I could barely reach the pedals. My other wish is that they still made a station wagon version which they make in Europe. I give this car a 10"