2005 Honda Accord

Based on 2161 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

Outstanding Sedan

By on Monday, October 22, 2012

Pros: "Owned 20 cars, my Accord is outstanding"

Cons: "Hard to be critical of an Accord"

"My wife and I have owned this Accord in Ohio, Alberta, and Texas. We have driven the car in Canada in the winter, Texas in the summer, and the Rocky Mountains in all four seasons. Pros: 1. Extremely reliable, very few problems. 2. Very high quality overall design. 3. I like the 4 cylinder handling better than the 6. 4. 4 cylinder engine/tranmission gives good acceleration and averages 28 MPG. 5. Smooth and quiet at 120 mph. 6. Great handling for a family sedan. 7. Comfortable seats for four adults on long trips. 8. Elegant interior, well designed, well constructed. 9. Still quiet at 100,000 miles. 10. Clear instrumentation. 11. AM/FM/CD/XM audio system works well and sounds great. Cons: 1. Underbody started to rust when we were living in northern Ohio and Alberta with the salt and other chemicals on the winter roads. 2. Center stack electronics package failed at 70,000 miles, cost to replace around $1800+. Covered under extra cost extended warranty. 3. Driver's leather seat cover worn out at 95,000 miles, replacement cover very expensive."

I like the car in spite of some faults.

By on Monday, August 27, 2012

Pros: "Dependable, good driver."

Cons: "Lots of wind noise."

"CONS: 1. Rear brakes worn out at 20,000 miles. Faulty build. Replaced rear rotors and pads, installed them correctly and no further problems. (Car built in USA). 2. Drivers power window component broke. 3. Lots of wind noise. This is a decked out Honda Accord with all the bells and whistles. For all that, still lots of wind noise at highway speeds. I expected better. 4. One front speaker was defective from the factory. 5. Gear selector is on the "on the floor" between front seats where it manages to be constantly in the way of everything. Stupid location and all for looks. PROS: 1. Engine after 7 years and with a 120,000 miles still as dependable and powerful as when new. V6 power is there if you need it. Moves right smartly off the line or when passing. 2. Body still solid and all the electronics (heated seats, power roof, radio, etc) are still functional."

Outstanding, 33 miles/gal even at 215,000 miles

By on Friday, August 23, 2013

"I bought this car new, and it has not let me down, ever. I get great milage, 33.5 miles over the road even with an odometer reading over 213,000 miles. It has zip -- get up and go. I would not think of getting any other kind of car after owning this Honda. My friend had told me I was foolish to buy the extra warranty when I bought it, and she was absolutely correct. I have done only normal maintenance to this car; oil changes regularly, serpentine belt replaced 2x in that milage. It is still going, but I feel I have to replace it with another Honda. This probably a mistake and based on advice from others, not my heart. I have not really loved a car since I was young and owned a TriumphSpitfire (2 seater), but now remember what it is like to love your car."

Mint condition

By on Thursday, July 16, 2015

Pros: "Show room condition and looks"

"This car has always been garaged and given excellent attention and care. Owners wife loves this car, but because of her physical health condition they need to sell it. It truly drives and looks like new inside and out. Very low miles"

Don't buy a used hybrid if you can help it

By on Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Pros: "great MPG when you drive it properly"

Cons: "expensive to maintain as a hybrid"

"We bought this car used for $9000 with 103000 miles already on it. For the price, we thought it was a good deal. For the most part, the car is a decent car. My husband is 6'7" and over 200 lbs...he fit in it very well, so that's the main reason we bought it. About 10,000 miles into our purchase, and six months later, the IMA (Integrated Motor Assist) light came on. We took it into our mechanic right away and informed us that it would be a $2800 repair at MINIMUM. We also needed a new timing belt and water pump since the "check engine/engine failure" light came on at the same time. These problems are generally covered under warranty, but only up to 85000 miles...the light will go on and off until we replace the battery. Do. Your. Research! Make sure you know what you're buying...I wish we had. We're new parents and we were just looking for a reliable, hardy car to protect our family and ended up putting almost $5000 of repairs into it."

Best sedan I have ever owned.

By on Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Pros: "Reliability, low maintenance, good mileage."

Cons: "Leg room and suspension could be improved."

"Reliable, sturdily built, good mileage. We bought this Accord new in 2004. In 2012, we purchased our first set of new tires! Changed wheel bearing on one tire in 2011. No brakes yet! Everytime we have it inspected, the mechanic says we still have over 50% left on the linings. Very low maintenance to own this vehicle; we have saved a lot of expense over the years. We have two issues, which are minor: Suspension is not as good as Toyota Camry, which has a smoother ride. We would prefer a larger sedan in that the front seat does not leave any room for personal belongings. I have to stash my handbag in the back seat. Leg room in the front could be more generous. This being said, the Honda Accord has been the most reliable car we have ever owned and the styling is up-to-date for 2012. Paint has held up beautifully, as has the interior. We love the fold down seat in the rear which enables us to stash purchases from the lumber yard. Great car for the money. We expect it to go to 300,00 miles!"

I Love My Honda!!

By on Saturday, August 04, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, great price, looks good"

Cons: "none that i can think of but parts can b expensive"

My Honda looking good!!

"I have had this car for almost 2yrs and besides the transmission having to be rebuilt, I just love how my car drives and has the power. I have a 6cyl Honda Accord 03, and it has over 200,000 miles on it, and still drives like a champ! I have only bought Honda's and will not buy anything else!! Keep them maintenance d, and they will last forever!!!! Looks good with hood up or down."

My Honda looking good!!

You get what you pay for

By on Thursday, June 28, 2012

Pros: "Inexpensive, comfortable ride, gas mileage"

Cons: "Factory paint quality"

"I bought this car in late 2007 with about 66,000 miles on it for around $11,000. Six months after I bought the car, I had to replace the air conditioning and repaint the entire car because all of the clear coat and some of the actual paint was peeling off. The car was about 3 years old at the time. I'm going to chalk both of those up to the extreme climate in Texas and the fact that the car lived by the salty-aired cost in Georgia before I bought it. Recently, the navigation stopped working. It's approximately $2,000 to fix, but I don't need it to drive the car. Other than the air conditioning, I have not been forced to make any mechanical repairs. I've only had to perform regular maintenance and I've put about 100,000 miles on the car. For two years, I drove it about 350 miles round trip every weekend to see family and thought it was a very comfortable ride. The gas mileage is great. I do a lot of highway driving and I can easily get 32 miles per gallon if I'm cruising. Maintenance is cheap, and I hope to drive the car another two years. Accords will last a LONG time. Quality is not the very best, but you do get what you pay for, if not a little more."

Transmission failure

By on Monday, February 13, 2012

Pros: "price, drive, comfort,"

Cons: "road noise, transmission doesn't last"

"I have owned this care since it was new and done all the routine maintenance. This past week the transmission failed. There are many 2003-2004 Accords with transmission problems. There is even a recall on some of the 2004's but of course mine doesn't have the correct VIN # to fall under the recall. So now I am having to put a new transmission in this car. BEWARE of buying used 2003/2004 Accords... You might have to pay to put a transmission in."

been a sad purchase!

By on Monday, January 07, 2008

"this is my second Accord! my first was rock solid and was relieble until i sold it with 118,000 miles. So, i decided to buy a new 2004 EX-L . After 3 years and 120,000 miles I have had to put in over $4000!! The electrical problems i have had with this model has absolutely unacceptable, new headlights foglights and relays. Now the lighting for the radio headunit burned out and the dealer quoted me a cost of $1000 to replace it! I've also had problems with the Cd-player and the drivers seat. A pricey disappointment!"

Good Car, Just not at end of a model year!

By on Saturday, September 22, 2007

"I just purchased my second Honda Accord Ex V6 with Nav. and my 2007 has had more problems than any car I have ever owned. I have had to replace both rear struts, one of the rear wheel bearing and both rear window regulators. I've owned my new car for one month and it currently has 2300 miles. I purchased the car at a good price but now I debate if I will purchase another."

One of the best!

By on Saturday, May 09, 2015

Pros: "Very reliable! Very easy to drive and navigate."

Cons: "Nothing major...normal wear and tears."

"I bought this car with just 18 miles on the odometer. 220K miles later it is still purring like the time I first purchased it. I have driven it from Maine to Key West and from Jacksonville, Florida to Los Angeles without any major hiccups. Absolutely love my Accord! I would recommend this car to anyone who is looking for reliability."

Outstanding commuter car

By on Saturday, July 05, 2014

"Bought this vehicle for commuter traffic. Never let me down. Have over 200,000 miles on it and it still drives like new."

excellent vehicle

By on Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, handles very well."

Cons: "stiff ride"

"I own this car for 5 years , with no problems at all, very reliable, unbelievable acceleration for a v6, one would think it was a v8. the only negative thing I could say about the car is the ride is a little stiff, especially on bumpy roads its really noticeable. other than that its a very comfortable car. I guess that's the price you pay for a great handling car."

The only car to buy

By on Thursday, April 24, 2014

"My Dad owned it brand new drove from palmbeach to miami every day and was reliable and now i own it and it still runs like new love this car"

Best Car I Will Ever Own!

By on Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Pros: "Reliability; wonderful comfort; great reputation"

Cons: "No automatic locking when you are at 10 or 20 mph"

"After owning several American-made cars (e.g., Chevy, Plymouth, etc.) and then going foreign to a Honda Accord, I will never go back. Hands down, best car ever made. The drive is as smooth as silk, it handles turns and curves wonderfully, and is a joy to drive. The comfort is unmatched with nice cloth seats, a decent stereo system and a great V-6 engine. The reliability alone is what makes Honda #1 in the market. As much as I would love to buy American and support our country's workers, the cars here don't compare to their foreign competitors. Yes, you pay more, but you do get what you pay for most of the time. I'd rather put out more money and have a safe vehicle. Go buy one today!"

Awesome car

By on Saturday, May 04, 2013

"I have been driving my 2006 Accord for now 7 years and put 117K miles on it. I take good care of it. I am only on my 3 set of tires, second set of brakes. I drove this car in snow, desert, city etc... and it is a pleasure to drive.The newer models are even better. The only issue I have with my 06 is that I am 6"2 and I wish the seat moved back a bit more. I sat in a newer model recently and I could barely reach the pedals. My other wish is that they still made a station wagon version which they make in Europe. I give this car a 10"

Ex condition, LX, 4 dr. sunroof loaded new tires

By on Tuesday, November 22, 2011

"Excellent condition. Engine perfect always kept up. few dings leather seats and heated seats. Everything works."

Watch the Transmission

By on Saturday, November 05, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Lousy transmission"

"Engine has too much torque for transmission. Several complaints at around 100,000 miles. I always maintained my vehicle, and then one day a $3500 transmission repair."

Great car fpr the price.

By on Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pros: "fun and easy to drive, great MPG's."

Cons: "Price for parts"

"I paid 13400 for this car in April of this year, estimated 34MPG fast, holds the road entering and exiting turns, the 5 speed manual transmission is a blast. the only down fall to this car is that there are not a lot of places besides dealerships that sale parts for this car even though it is a 2006 model for the DITY maintenance up keep."

Lemon.

By on Monday, October 03, 2011

Pros: "Peppy performance, economical"

Cons: "Intermittent electrical problems. Engine blows up on occation."

"I have owned cars from every manufacturer and this has been by far, the least reliable. 9 months ago, with 55,000 miles on it - and religious oil changes - a bad coil misfired to the point where the spark plug head blew apart and damaged the cylinder itself, along with melting the threads to the cylinder head. A local import repair shop pulled the heads and repaired the damage. Now last week, when crusing down the highway @ 65mph , a loud explosion/blown engine/ puddle of oil on the ground. I am now stuck with another expensive repair to a car that was supposed to be reliable."

best value for a sedan

By on Wednesday, July 28, 2010

"This has by far been the best car I have ever owned. I now have 250K miles on it and have every intention of driving it till the wheels fall off of it. I keep up with the maintainance and kept all fulids changed. There really is only one major design flaw: The front end has an opening for the car to breath and if you travel on the highway a lot you will be prone to bust your condenser from road debris. I had to replace mine once. Since then I bought a billet grill to keep debris from getting to my condenser and causing the car's AC not to work. Other then that its a great value and great overall car. Would buy again!"

07 Honda Accord EX V6 with Nav

By on Wednesday, October 07, 2009

"This car was my first new car. It's got plenty of horsepower and a very smooth ride. The cabin noise is quiet, though not as quiet as a BMW or Benz (price tag). The trim is great, mine comes with gray leather and a matching black/gray interior. Plenty of legroom for a mid-size sedan and the voice activated nav is icing on the cake. Although there's no shift gate, you could have a lot of fun starting from 2nd gear and shifting up at excess of 6,000rpms to rev things up. The sound system is a tad lacking without a sub but it puts out decent bass and the highs are awesome. Six disc CD changer without mp3 is a little 90s, but the Accord makes up for this in other ways, namely reliability and resale value. I've had no mechanical problems with the car other than a few things loose in the interior trim (sun visor screw loose and wire rubbing against wire in the dashboard) but Honda quickly fixed this under warranty. It's also very fuel efficient for a V6 with nearly 250hp and over 200lb of torque. I average 24.6mpg combined with cruise control using 87 octane. The LED rear taillights make this car look up to date. Honda cars typically have long lasting stylings. The 17" rims are also a nice feature, though the width of the wheels/tires leave a few inches to be desired. All in all a great car--my three years with it has still left the car worth just over $21,000. The math comes out to $3,000 a year in depreciation for the first two years--less than $300 per month for a nice near-luxury sedan with V6 and nice VSA traction control for great handling."

Disapointing

By on Friday, May 22, 2009

"The AC has had numerous problems. At 67K miles many things are wrong. Hard to believe this is a Honda."

DENVER, CO

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2008

"This is the best vehicle I have ever owned! Great comfort and gas mileage."