2005 Honda Accord

Based on 2151 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

Want to keep this car forwever!

By on Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pros: "Fun, sporty, reliable"

Cons: "Nothing!"

"I will only buy Honda's from now on, but I probably won't be buying one for a long time since I plan to keep this one until it dies."

An amazing first car!

By on Monday, July 01, 2013

Pros: "Design, Fuel Economy, Sporty, Comfortable, Simple"

Cons: "Freeway Power, 5 Speed Auto slightly clunky"

"This is my first car, and what a car it is. I have a basic LX model, but it still has cruise control, automatic truck, air conditioning, height adjustment driver seat, and plenty of truck/rear seat room. The 4 cylinder is a peach. Great power off the line, and the more power as you climb the revs!"

Best 2003 luxury car for $ and MPG

By on Sunday, March 24, 2013

Reason: 2013 EXL V6 replacement!

Pros: "Interior materials and finish and features."

Cons: "Expensive electrical repair and average brakes."

"Bought this new for $25,500 and sold after 10 years $10,000; MPG: city 19/hwy 32/overall26. Only major costs were replaced tires twice for about $700 for 4 Michelins, and 100K tuneup for $900 and brakes upgrade for $350. Honda paint lasts forever! Remotely open all windows cools car in summer. Brakes could have been better. Interior leather and fit and finish is impeccable. Handling is a dream pushing around turns on verge of losing traction on rear wheels at 20 to 30 mph over expectations with little body lean. Heated seats, power everything, V6 allowed great advantages at upper limits. Top speed I drove on Hwy 395 mid-day 123 and slowed only for an antelope. No sense of speed or engine working or poor handling at 85 or 90 mph. This car was a steal when I bought it and a dream to sell for 30% over KBB late 2012. Comfort on long trips was unbelieveable. Back passengers had more leg room than any of the luxury cars which cost twice to three times as much. Loved it so much, I bought a 2013 EXL-V6 that has the 6th gear needed in the auto trans. This is the car the larger Acuras are built upon: same chassis; same interior layout; just does not cost the extra $5K to $10K. So glad Honda is back in business with the '13 model rebuild. Reliability is the key to all Honda products. Loved my 2003; Got a trophy car in my 2013!"

An over all good choice

By on Friday, February 01, 2013

Reason: Failed Transmission

Pros: "Gas Mileage, Comfort, Quality, Ride, Power"

Cons: "Poor Clearcoat quality my black car was fading."

"This vehicle handles and drives well. Its comfortable has a good ride and the quality is there. I recently traded this car at 121000 miles I never had a problem with it until 118000 miles when the transmission started shifting up and down when it was in final gear. Around 121000 it was slipping.Took it to Honda they said needed a new tranny 3500$. Over all I liked this car and would suggest to anyone to buy one. As you can see in the rest of the reviews what I experienced was rare but also on that note if you google 2004 Honda accord transmission problem others have had this problem I experienced. Like a said the engine and everything else was perfect. I traded my accord in on a Camry and looking forward to see what the Camry will do in comparison to an Accord. Ill also note that I owned a 2001 accord that ran great to 200000 miles so Accords are a good and solid choice."

Best car out there

By on Sunday, January 20, 2013

Pros: "great price, no mechanical problems, reliablitity"

"I have owned this car for 8 years and I have never had any mechanical problems. It has 200,100 miles on it and still runs like I just bought it. I have kept my oil and fluids up to date and have done normal maintenance on it. The best car I have ever owned!"

One of the best & most reliable cars ever owned.

By on Saturday, January 05, 2013

"My 2003 Honda Accord 2-D LX coupe has been the most reliable car that I've owned. It has a great body style, the interior is comfortable and all of the instrumentation & controls are easily located and accessible. The handling of this car is good to very good, the automatic transmission shifts smoothly whether accelerating or decelerating. The 160 hp 2.4L DOHC twin-cam 16-valve fuel injected 4-cylinder gas engine has plenty of power and accelerates very well. The engine/transaxle combination is a perfect fit and provides excellent gas mileage (a little over 32mpg on the highway with a little more than 26mpg on average city/highway). The AM/FM stereo/single disc CD has great sound a plenty of power but this model year seems to have an inherent problem where the stereo sound comes and goes and by all indications on the LCD screen, appears to be working normally, but produces no sound. If the stereo power is on and hasn't been putting out sound for days and/or weeks, you can be driving along and hear something that sounds a bit like a huge static discharge or (loud snapping sound) you will get a lot of static sound from the speakers...when this happens, you can turn off the stereo and then turn it back on and all of a sudden, the stereo is working just fine again. You just never know when it will decide to quit again. You can tell whether the stereo will work right away when you touch the power button to turn on. If the LCD volume level indicator appears within a couple of seconds after turning the stereo on, it will produce sound. However, if the volume indicator takes 10 or more seconds to display after powering the stereo on, you will know that it has stopped working once more. It seem that all you can do is to wait for it to magically begin working again. The stereo system works only about 10-20 percent of the time. One of my pet peeves has to do with the drive and passenger seat belts. Neither seat belt retracts without having to make certain that the belt is free from the slightest twist. After a little coaxing, they will retract but is a nuisance. I've tried to do everything that the owner's manual suggests to make certain that the belts will retract properly. The manual states that one of the most important things that you can do is to clean the plastic belt guides to keep the belts from sticking. I've tried everything but I think the real problem is that the recoil spring tension is undersized or the location of the belt guides is just not located at the right position to feed the belt. Other issues that i've had concerns the LCD backlighting on the stereo face blacking out from time to time and the power windows seem to hang up when the windows are closed and you're trying try to open them. After a few tries, they will usually break free. The last thing that I believe to be a design problem is the size of the battery. Although the battery always seems to start the car just fine, one day the battery will just be toast without warning. Based on the battery size in my 2002 Nissan Sentra GXE that only has a 1.8L 16-valve 4-cylinder engine, the battery in my 2003 Honda Accord is only about 2/3 to 3/4 the size of the battery in my Sentra...and has fewer cold cranking amps. Then again, even with the problems that I've mentioned, the Honda has more HP than my Nissan (160 compared to 126), better brakes, handling, and still gives me better fuel mileage (32+ mpg vs. 29-30 mpg highway). If I were to score both cars using the 1-10 scale, my Honda would end up around 8 and my Nissan 6.5. Both are very good quality vehicles and have been very dependable and are both being driven many years after having been paid for."

The perfect car.

By on Thursday, November 29, 2012

Pros: "Pretty much everything is perfect."

Cons: "Rear wheels shudder on takeoff on wet road."

"The Honda Accord fits me like a glove. I've bought Hondas for a long time and they're still top-notch. One advantage over the Camry is that the Honda has a telescoping steering wheel."

would definitely buy this car again.

By on Sunday, October 28, 2012

Pros: "value, safety, convienence, economy, reliability"

Cons: "can't think of a thing!"

"According to the new Chrysler ads, the best test of a vehicle is to ask current owners if they would buy their vehicle again. I would most definietly buy this car again. Other than normal wear-and-tear items: tires, brakes, battery, I have not needed to repair a single thing in over 42k miles of ownership(bought used). By far the most reliable vehicle I have owned. I love the way everything comes together in this car. Everything just seems to fit and operate so seamlessly. The options available also make this a perfect commuter car for my 1 hour plus roundtrip a day. such as heated seats, dual zone climate control (my favorite feature, espicially on long trips: never the constant tweaking of the fan speed or temp), and the sound system is phenomenal!"

This car is rocket! Love the elec assist horsepwr!

By on Monday, August 06, 2012

Pros: "Fuel econ, cold a/c, winter driving good, seats."

Cons: "No iPod interface, sits too low."

"Horsepower, interior creature comforts, rear passenger head and leg room are most excellent!! Handling is fun too for the price and size of vehicle. :-)"

Awesome Car

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "Great gas mileage, lots of pep, 0 problems"

Cons: "None!!"

"I get 34 MPG highay, takes 87 gas, Never once been in the shop. Oil changes mostly. Great car."

Best value on the road!

By on Monday, March 12, 2012

Pros: "Reliability, Value, Comfort"

"This car has been bullet proof. Original owner with over 210,000 miles. I admit it was maintained properly but besides oil, brakes and 2 batteries nothing goes wrong. Very comfortable to drive on long trips and around town. When I get it serviced someone always wants to buy it! Buy the top of the line Accord with leather. Don't waste money on V6 the 4 cylinder has plenty of pep and better mileage are reliability. Folks if I could only have one car this would be it. Reliability, Comfort, Cost to operate, Looks, the Accord has it figured out. Buy one! If only it was an American car....I know they are made here but...."

I LOVE MY HONDA!!!

By on Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Pros: "Great inside space, cup holders, runs awesome"

Cons: "Steering wheel doesn't turn as smooth as a new car"

"I bought my car with 6000 miles on it, I have NEVER had a problem with it. It is very roomy and drives great. I love that it has cup holders in the doors and a pull down center console in the back when only two people are in the back. The trunk is huge! I recently bought a brand new Toyota Corolla and my husband and I still haggle over who gets to drive the Honda!"

Best vehicle that I have ever owned

By on Sunday, January 29, 2012

Pros: "decent price, lots of pick up"

Cons: "Depending on the tires, road noise"

"Good solid vehicle, have owned it for 8 years now and have over 100,000 miles on it and have never had it in a shop. I do all oil changes, have done a brake job on it, it never needed anything else. When the original Michilen tires wore out at around 38,000, I put a set of Goodyear Comfortreds on it and talk about getting great ride and knocking the road noise down.....remarkable"

Best car I have owned!!

By on Sunday, January 08, 2012

Pros: "keeps great value, great on gas"

"I was a completely turned off to the idea of buying a foreign vehicle until i test drove the 2003 Honda Ex. Not only does the interior look very modern and sleek but it's completely comfortable. This is 4th vehicle ever owned and is my favorite so far. I bought this car at 145.000 miles and now have almost 200,000 and it still runs brand new. Highly recommend this vehicle to EVERYONE!!!"

I love this car

By on Sunday, December 18, 2011

"Most everything you need in a car: Power, Millage, Reliability, my car drives like new even after 6 years and 75000 miles, luxurious interior and safety."

One of the best coupes on the market.

By on Friday, December 02, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive....recommend the V6"

Cons: "Back seat"

"I have not had any issues or repairs with this car; just routine maintenance. Definitely up to Honda's quality standards."

It's a Honda, what else do you expect?

By on Saturday, November 26, 2011

Pros: "MPG, stereo, reliability, low cost of maintenance"

Cons: "Auto transmission, would get manual next time"

"I bought this car as a certified pre-owned with 29,000 miles about 2 years ago. Since purchase, this car has been nothing but great to me. Stone cold reliable, great on gas, and enough power to get up and go when I push the pedal down a little :). The V6 usually averages around 25 mpg in mixed driving, and around 29-30 mpg during highway trips. The only thing I would change would be to get the manual transmission (just my preference). I also have an '06 TL, which is a much nicer and more refined car, however, this car was a fraction of the cost of the TL, and gets the job done just as well. I have done nothing more to this car than routine maintenance, and would definitely trust it to go anywhere."

Great for the money

By on Thursday, November 03, 2011

Pros: "comfortable, reliable"

Cons: "gas mileage (V6)"

"Traded a BMW 325 due to reliability, Honda is smooth, comfortable and reliable. Doesn't drive like a BMW, but it starts when you turn the key, no oil all over the garage floor, and no $1000 tune ups!!"

Bad bad bad stay away

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "handling is good"

Cons: "read review"

"transmission died 2x 69k and 89k tie rods bad engine mounts bad rotors go every 6 months even though I'm easy on the brakes ac compressor went at 50k"

nice car

By on Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, love that is has all electric"

Cons: "not great on gas mileage but it is a 3.0"

first day home

"I love this car but not great if you are going for gas mileage. Decent mix of power and gas mileage(it is a 3.0, not much you can do with that). Be careful with the leather interior."

first day home

Still like New

By on Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Pros: "Dependability"

"My Honda Accord is the best car I have ever owned. I have put a lot of mileage(203,500) on this car and it still runs and drives like the day I bought it. I have had this car 6 years and change the oil every 3,000. Besides a brake job and new Tires when needed there has been no issues at all with this vehicle. Because of the gas mileage which still gets 26 mpg and reliability it makes perfect sense to keep it and hope for another 200,000."

Everything expected and hoped for!

By on Saturday, August 13, 2011

"It's true what they say about buying a Honda over US Car! Combination of service reliability, gas mileage and performance make this car the smart choice. Bought for my college daughter going about a hundred miles away. It has been everything I expected in terms of getting her back and forth with confidence and reliability when away. Recommend for anyone in similar situation!"

Best car I have ever owned.

By on Saturday, February 05, 2011

"Super reliable, great gas mileage (avg 33 hwy). A joy to drive every day. I am a Honda man for life. Cheers!"

Most reliable vehicle ever owned

By on Friday, April 10, 2009

"I own the Hybrid V6 version and get 34 miles to the gallon combined city and highway. In '05 this was the only family sized hybrid available that got this type of mileage. Other than general maintenance this vehicle has required nothing. Have gotten as high as 37 mpg highway with the vehicle filled with luggage and the family. One of the best investments I have made."

Best Car I ever owned

By on Saturday, April 04, 2009

"I have never owned a car that required little to low maintainance. It runs great and looks great."