2005 Honda Accord

Based on 2143 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "great on gas, sporty without the high cost, durabl"

Cons: "the key is very cheaply made and falls apart,"

Front of the Accord

"This is actually my husbands car, I own a truck however this is a great car. We have had it about a year and its great on gas, looks awesome. You get the sporty look without the high cost. The only downfall I have is how tiny it is however compared to other coupes the accord is rather spacey so over all this is a great car for anyone. There is one more thing the keys are made very cheaply, the key with the buttons has fallen apart three times, we finally stopped buying them and just purchased a vallet key since this has no buttons or plastic on it."

Front of the Accord

Outstanding, 33 miles/gal even at 215,000 miles

By on Friday, August 23, 2013

"I bought this car new, and it has not let me down, ever. I get great milage, 33.5 miles over the road even with an odometer reading over 213,000 miles. It has zip -- get up and go. I would not think of getting any other kind of car after owning this Honda. My friend had told me I was foolish to buy the extra warranty when I bought it, and she was absolutely correct. I have done only normal maintenance to this car; oil changes regularly, serpentine belt replaced 2x in that milage. It is still going, but I feel I have to replace it with another Honda. This probably a mistake and based on advice from others, not my heart. I have not really loved a car since I was young and owned a TriumphSpitfire (2 seater), but now remember what it is like to love your car."

Best sedan I have ever owned.

By on Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Pros: "Reliability, low maintenance, good mileage."

Cons: "Leg room and suspension could be improved."

"Reliable, sturdily built, good mileage. We bought this Accord new in 2004. In 2012, we purchased our first set of new tires! Changed wheel bearing on one tire in 2011. No brakes yet! Everytime we have it inspected, the mechanic says we still have over 50% left on the linings. Very low maintenance to own this vehicle; we have saved a lot of expense over the years. We have two issues, which are minor: Suspension is not as good as Toyota Camry, which has a smoother ride. We would prefer a larger sedan in that the front seat does not leave any room for personal belongings. I have to stash my handbag in the back seat. Leg room in the front could be more generous. This being said, the Honda Accord has been the most reliable car we have ever owned and the styling is up-to-date for 2012. Paint has held up beautifully, as has the interior. We love the fold down seat in the rear which enables us to stash purchases from the lumber yard. Great car for the money. We expect it to go to 300,00 miles!"

I Love My Honda!!

By on Saturday, August 04, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, great price, looks good"

Cons: "none that i can think of but parts can b expensive"

My Honda looking good!!

"I have had this car for almost 2yrs and besides the transmission having to be rebuilt, I just love how my car drives and has the power. I have a 6cyl Honda Accord 03, and it has over 200,000 miles on it, and still drives like a champ! I have only bought Honda's and will not buy anything else!! Keep them maintenance d, and they will last forever!!!! Looks good with hood up or down."

My Honda looking good!!

You get what you pay for

By on Thursday, June 28, 2012

Pros: "Inexpensive, comfortable ride, gas mileage"

Cons: "Factory paint quality"

"I bought this car in late 2007 with about 66,000 miles on it for around $11,000. Six months after I bought the car, I had to replace the air conditioning and repaint the entire car because all of the clear coat and some of the actual paint was peeling off. The car was about 3 years old at the time. I'm going to chalk both of those up to the extreme climate in Texas and the fact that the car lived by the salty-aired cost in Georgia before I bought it. Recently, the navigation stopped working. It's approximately $2,000 to fix, but I don't need it to drive the car. Other than the air conditioning, I have not been forced to make any mechanical repairs. I've only had to perform regular maintenance and I've put about 100,000 miles on the car. For two years, I drove it about 350 miles round trip every weekend to see family and thought it was a very comfortable ride. The gas mileage is great. I do a lot of highway driving and I can easily get 32 miles per gallon if I'm cruising. Maintenance is cheap, and I hope to drive the car another two years. Accords will last a LONG time. Quality is not the very best, but you do get what you pay for, if not a little more."