2005 Honda Accord

Based on 2059 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

2004 Honda Accord V6 HAS transmission issues!

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pros: "Good pick up handles well engine runs great."

Cons: "V6 Transmission defects, V6 Timing belt too."

"Two years ago we purchased a used 2004 Honda Accord v6 based on reviews from this website. The car had under 70,000 miles and was well taken care of having service records to prove it. I read the car had FANTASTIC reliability and it looked great so we purchased it. I was unaware that the V6 model had issues while the four cylinder had great ratings. Unfortunately when people rate the car both ratings become one and the four cylinder version is fantastic. Long story short car was never abused my wife drives it with the kids and drives like a little old lady. She broke down on the highway with three kids in the back. No warning car engine became disengaged with engine revving but no motion like car was in neutral. Motor totally disengaged from the wheels. I would recommend everyone stay away from the v6. Because of this experience I will never buy another Honda. I know most Accords are fantastic but this experience has left a bad taste in my mouth. The v6 rebuilt transmission cost $3500 to replace. Also, the v6 has a timing belt instead of a chain another $800 charge on top of the transmission. - Ouch."

I like this car a lot

By on Tuesday, September 16, 2014

"I've had this car for 5 years. I've had no trouble with it what so ever. It is reliable and gets great gas mileage. It has a large interior, and is comfortable."

Love this car!

By on Monday, September 15, 2014

Pros: "Handling, functionality, reliability."

Cons: "No MP3 connection"

"The SE-V6 package makes this car handle like an Acura. Very smooth, nice stereo with 5-CD changer. Plenty of room front seat and back. Radio controls on the steering wheel come in real handy. The intermittent wipers slow down with the car. Little things but very useful. I don't even want a new car. I love this one so much I want to keep it running forever."

very reliable !

By on Saturday, September 13, 2014

"this car is very reliable and there is no damage to the interior or exterior. It has gotten me wherever me and my family needed to go."

very satisfied-no major problems-one recall

By on Friday, September 12, 2014

"One recall and Honda fixed with no cost to me. I bought the 2005 accord with 360000 in 2008 and now i have 91000 and have no major problems. very happy with my Honda Accord."

Hondas will never let you down, best purchase ever

By on Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Pros: "spacious back seats, fast engine, luxurious"

Cons: "plastic on head lights are cheap, yellow very easy"

"I purchased my first brand new car in 1999 when I bought my Honda Civic I was smart and had the clear coat put on then as I got older I wanted more luxury so I traded it in for a 2004 Honda Accord EX V6.I have now owned this car for over 11 years and have only put $1,200 into it to replace the timing belt and engine mounts and of course I do the routine oil changes. Other than that this car runs and looks brand new still. I see the newer cars out there and I get very tempted to trade my baby in but I just cant do it. Honda is so reliable it will never leave you on the side of the road and it will run forever as long as you take care of it. Honda knew what they were doing when they made these cars."

Very reliable and quality car

By on Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Pros: "Very reliable car and good gas mileage"

Cons: "Needs a 6-cyl engine to get more power"

"This car is 7 years old with only 40K miles. To date the only major repairs needed were brakes. It is very reliable, comfortable and will last a long time."

Great value, competent performance, and reliable

By on Saturday, September 06, 2014

Pros: "Great value and endless styling"

Cons: "An image as a family car rather than sports sedan"

"A very reliable and dependable family car which could be a sports sedan when outfitted with the V6 engine. The styling has stayed fresh despite being 12 years and three Accord generations old."

Great CAR!!!

By on Wednesday, September 03, 2014

"I love my car!!!! It is best car if compared to others, you just need to maintain it on time and it will run great and be loyal for you many years to come!!!"

GOT THIS CAR BRAND NEW 5 MILES

By on Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Pros: "GREAT DEPENDABLE CAR"

"CAR IN EXCELLENT CONDITION TO VERY GOOD DID ALL OIL CHANGES AND PREVENTIVE MAINT I HAVE MY OWN MAINT PERSON THAT DOES ALL MAJOR PREVENTIVE MAINT HE WORKS FOR HONDA DOES SIDE WORK , RED SUNROOF MICHELIN TIRES CAR NOT USED MUCH IN THE PAST 6 YEARS BECAUSE OF SMALL HONDA WE USE FOR WORK TO KEEP MILES DOWN ON 2006 ACCORD RUNS GREAT NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH THE CAR .DRIVES GREAT GOOD ON RIDE AND PEP 10, 000 EVEN NEED TO RETIRE AND USE MONEY TO LIVE ON AND MAYBE MOVE."

Awesome Car

By on Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Pros: "Never broken down on me. 8 yr old car!"

"Knock on wood, this car has never left me stranded or without A/C. This car is a champ. The AC is awesome and my gas mileage has been 34 on the highway and 26 on the streets. I love my Honda. I will probably buy another Honda once I am ready for a new car."

Best combination of value, performance, and luxury

By on Monday, September 01, 2014

Pros: "Luxury at a great price"

Cons: "Simply doesn't work if you have a baby"

"When I sold my 1998 2DR Accord EX-L, I bought a 2005 2DR Accord EX-L... that's how much I love this car. The V6 engine, leather interior, heated seats, and handling make it feel like a luxury car. The make and model has been absolutely reliable, with no mechanical issues during its tenure. Two things to mention that may not make it into many reviews: (1) the back seat is extremely roomy and comfortable. For a coupe, this is something special. (2) the climate control system is unlike any other car. I set it to 70° and leave it there all year, only needing to hit the defrost buttons in the winter. It does that good of a job. If you care more about the car itself than the logo on the hood, this is an absolute steal."

Love honda card, best made cars for reliability..

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

"Na"

This car has everlasting value

By on Sunday, August 17, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage, durable engine, front wheel drive"

Cons: "cheap interior, slow acceleration, weak engine"

"I've had my 2005 Honda Accord for 3.5 years. I went from 67,000 miles to 102,000 miles. Overall, it's not a bad car, it holds its worth over time, and the engine will not break! In the past 3.5 years, I have only replaced the starter one time. Oil changes have been the only thing as far as maintenance I had to do. I did replace the spark plugs and wires for a much smoother engine feel. The tires were factory, so I replaced them before last winter. This thing gets knocked around in the wind so badly. It starts to shake at around 80 MPH, and the road becomes one with the driver since you can feel pretty much every single thing you run over. It is economy all the way! I would like to explain why I rated it lower in some areas than others, however. This is not fun to drive at all. I had zero exhilaration from the day I purchased to today. I would compare the speed of the engine to a lawn mower on redbull, but the efficiency is outstanding. This car is 9 years old, and I average 45 MPG on trips of 2 hours or more. Cruise control at 70 pretty much the entire way, and you mpg just continues to rise. The interior is cheap. It looks cheap, feels cheap, and plastic pieces break off when you least expect it. When researching a bit about Honda philosophy, they believe that good enough is good enough. So, i suppose the interior is good enough, but it's certainly not an eye magnet. The multi disc CD-player is almost always malfunctioning. It does not come with an auxilliary port standard, so I had to install an aftermarket aux port. The multi disc cd player is also tied in directly to the A/C and Heat controls, so if you want to replace it with an aftermarket cd player with much more capability, you will be spending about $120 just on the bracket alone. There are cheaper brackets that allow you to install the cd player in the storage area below your existing radio, but that leaves the original stereo dead and lifeless above the new one. My previous car was a 1999 Aurora Gold label. It was probably my favorite car for the bells and whistles and the big, powerful V8. I cannot compare the two cars, I just wanted to show you why my review was probably lower than the others. I came from a powerhouse flagship model with every bell and whistle, so there is much to be desired for me in the Accord. I will recommend this car to anyone I meet with a disclaimer. If you want economy +++, this car will satisfy your every need. If you are looking for economy with a mix of acceleration, speed, and overall enjoyment, keep looking!"

One owner car. Always garaged. Mostly short trip

By on Friday, August 08, 2014

Pros: "One of the best and most reliable cars I have ever"

Cons: "Back seat not easily accessed by older friends."

"Vehicle has always been maintained by Honda dealer as scheduled."

Extremely reliable, great engine/trany combo

By on Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Pros: "Very reliable, 36 mpg on the highway, 6 cd changer"

Cons: "Seat is uncomfortable after a few hours of driving"

"Bought certified car with 19k miles. Dealer changed battery at 50k for free. This year '06, began the no belt to timing chain engine. This car drives like a sports car. A little stiff, hugs the road and very smooth at ANY speed. Highway passing a breeze. Steering wheel controls are great for cruise control and radio. Seats are hard, but wear well. I love this car! Plan is to drive it to 500,000 K."

Wish I could keep it. :(

By on Monday, August 04, 2014

Pros: "SAFE=RELIABLE=FUN....oh and CUTE ! :)"

Cons: "NONE !"

"I love this car, it has been the most reliable, safe, and yet funnest car I have owned to date. I have owned it now for a little over 2 years (bought it off a dealership lot as "certified pre-owned") and I don't want to let it go, but at this time I am not in any financial way to fix it. Plus I walk most places now so it wouldn't make sense... There is a brand new motor(engine) in it with less than 55, 000 miles.(crate shipped from Japan)I have all the documentation and info for that along with everything else that has been done to it.There has been no work that has been required (except regular service) all the way around. there are low profile racing rims and tires with a lug/wheel lock that is included. However most recently I took it in for a front end steering wheel wobble the shop (Honda) has diagnosed it as "needing to replace both front axles".(diagnosis, referral, & estimate included) *To me this car is and has been well worth it to fix, however I just don't have the money or the space*"

Best vehicle for people that don't change cars

By on Sunday, August 03, 2014

Pros: "very clean"

"Avery clean Accord with some hook up rims, music,from lips and back tail.LEDday ligts and remote start systemwith Python Alarm System."

Just an OK Car in My Opinion

By on Saturday, August 02, 2014

Reason: Was time for a new car

Pros: "Lots of power, nice interior design"

Cons: "Bumpy and noisy ride (coupe), lower reliability"

"I owned a 2003 Honda Accord EX coupe with a V6 engine for 10 years and traded it in for another car brand at 126,700 miles. It was one year old and a used pre-certified vehicle with 27,000 miles when I bought it. I had a lot of nice bells and whistles in it--leather seats, sunroof, power everything. Most of the time it was a dependable car, but I did have a few minor annoyances through the years that had to be repaired. The driver's side power window stopped working at one point--it was covered by my extended warranty and then Honda issued a recall. A part in the A/C broke and the car was blowing hot air as well as a horrible smell...that was repaired under warranty. The backlight for the radio/temperature display burned out on me three times. The first two times it was replaced under warranty but when it went the third time my warranty had expired and it would have cost me at least $500 for the part to replace it. There were also some recalls with the ignition and the automatic transmission that were taken care of. But the biggest annoyance was that the 6-CD changer/player stopped ejecting my disks, and I would get an error message. Swiping a credit card into the slot and restarting the car/radio would resolve the issue, until I tried ejecting them again. When I researched it I found that it was a common problem with this year Honda Accord and their CD player. The dealer told me they would have to remove the entire console including the temperature controls and I would be without the whole unit for approximately 8 weeks! I said no thanks as I've heard they sometimes ship the unit to Japan and your CDs arrive in an envelope from the country. Also, despite the regular oil changes and maintenance I always had done on the car, by the dealer I purchased it with, the engine died on me a couple of months before I traded it in--thank goodness right in my driveway--after taking it on a 40 mile roundtrip. I put the brake on to open up the garage door and when I put on the accelerator it sputtered and quit. It wouldn't start the next day and AAA looked at it and advised having it towed to the dealer. AAA checked the battery and ran a test on the alternator and both were totally fine. Two days later it DID start again and I took it to the gas station and filled it with premium gas; not sure if this helped "clean" it but it didn't give me any more problems after that. However, I was very nervous about driving it after that and that it would die on me in traffic. Also, I had the coupe and while it's a sporty looking car with nice lines, the ride was terrible after a while...you feel every bump. Very loud car on the highway in regards to road noise. You also sit low. Backseat headroom is tight because of the sloping roofline. I'm 5'8" and my head touched the top of the windshield and almost the roof. The trunk was huge, especially with the rear folding seats. Very comfortable seats, even on long drives, and I loved the sound of the stereo system. The car did well in the winter after I switched the tires to ones that had better ratings in regards to grip in the snow and wet weather. Gas mileage was so-so, especially by today's standards. With the V6 I was lucky to get 24 mpg with mixed highway/backroad driving. I do love Hondas and I know they have a lot of fans, but I ended up trading this car for a 2014 Volkswagen Jetta SE and have zero regrets. It is a much more comfortable car for me to drive personally, with more room, yet just as zippy."

This has been and continues to be one great car.

By on Saturday, August 02, 2014

"Other than routine maintenance, this car has not needed any service. It still runs like a champ!"

This was my second Accord Coupe. I love this car.

By on Thursday, July 31, 2014

Pros: "It's just a great car to drive and it's reliable."

Cons: "Rearview mirrors must be clean for visablity."

"I took care of this car and the car took care of me. Any/all scheduled maintenance on the car was done through the dealership where I bought my car. Their service department is the best I ever had to deal with. Never once did I feel I was being taken advantage of when my car needed work done. The only complaint I have with this car is it got stuck in 10 inches of heavy wet snow. Even with traction control. But most days it does handle well in the snow."

Best Vehicle ever

By on Wednesday, July 30, 2014

"Its has the balance of everything. Comfort , performance and price."

My Honda have served me wonderfully!

By on Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Pros: "great price"

Cons: "There were some recalls"

"I love hondas they are great cars, my first a 1988 held up with my 15 year old. I wish more cars were as reliable and dependable as a honda."

No problems

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive v6 with a little get up and go"

Cons: "Road noise"

"I've purchased this vehicle off the showroom floor, and in 8yrs I've had no problems. I would purchase another"

Best car ever!

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

Pros: "comfort and quality"

Cons: "no cons"

"I have owned this car which I bought used and have loved it ever since. It is one of the best cars on the road that I have ever experienced. I have owned many cars and this one is at top of my list of comfort and reliability."