2005 Honda Accord

Based on 2061 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

Great vehicle, minor little complaints.

By on Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Pros: "Economical, fun to drive, luggage space."

Cons: "electrical bugs, handling on icy roads"

"Reliable car but some electronics have given problems. Electronic door locks failed on driver door, without driver door operating, key FOB is useless. Intermittent seatbelt light comes on when no one else is in the car. Lights brighten intermittently, due to what I have been told is the charging relay kicking in and out during normal operation. Other than the electrical issues, car is very good. Worst fuel mileage was probably 29 mpg, best was probably 32, so very consistent. Car is comforable and fairly sporty, however, it does feel light in the front end while driveing on icy roads."

Excellent car for reliability and comfort!

By on Sunday, September 21, 2014

"I have been been the only owner of my 2005 Honda Accord LX and bought it new. Maintenance has been regular and I believe if you take care of this car, it will take care of you. I would recommend one thing to those who will need to replace tires at some point. I had Michelin tires originally and then replaced with "lesser" brand. Really do believe that the quality of tires may make a huge difference in the amount of sound in the cabin. It seems considerably noisier now. My next round of tires will be Michelin again! Excellent car - this is my 4th Honda car. 3 ACURAS and 1 Honda Accord. I will probably never own anything but these line of products!!!"

2004 Honda Accord V6 HAS transmission issues!

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pros: "Good pick up handles well engine runs great."

Cons: "V6 Transmission defects, V6 Timing belt too."

"Two years ago we purchased a used 2004 Honda Accord v6 based on reviews from this website. The car had under 70,000 miles and was well taken care of having service records to prove it. I read the car had FANTASTIC reliability and it looked great so we purchased it. I was unaware that the V6 model had issues while the four cylinder had great ratings. Unfortunately when people rate the car both ratings become one and the four cylinder version is fantastic. Long story short car was never abused my wife drives it with the kids and drives like a little old lady. She broke down on the highway with three kids in the back. No warning car engine became disengaged with engine revving but no motion like car was in neutral. Motor totally disengaged from the wheels. I would recommend everyone stay away from the v6. Because of this experience I will never buy another Honda. I know most Accords are fantastic but this experience has left a bad taste in my mouth. The v6 rebuilt transmission cost $3500 to replace. Also, the v6 has a timing belt instead of a chain another $800 charge on top of the transmission. - Ouch."

I like this car a lot

By on Tuesday, September 16, 2014

"I've had this car for 5 years. I've had no trouble with it what so ever. It is reliable and gets great gas mileage. It has a large interior, and is comfortable."

Love this car!

By on Monday, September 15, 2014

Pros: "Handling, functionality, reliability."

Cons: "No MP3 connection"

"The SE-V6 package makes this car handle like an Acura. Very smooth, nice stereo with 5-CD changer. Plenty of room front seat and back. Radio controls on the steering wheel come in real handy. The intermittent wipers slow down with the car. Little things but very useful. I don't even want a new car. I love this one so much I want to keep it running forever."