2004 Honda Accord

Based on 2200 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

I like the car in spite of some faults.

By on Monday, August 27, 2012

Pros: "Dependable, good driver."

Cons: "Lots of wind noise."

"CONS: 1. Rear brakes worn out at 20,000 miles. Faulty build. Replaced rear rotors and pads, installed them correctly and no further problems. (Car built in USA). 2. Drivers power window component broke. 3. Lots of wind noise. This is a decked out Honda Accord with all the bells and whistles. For all that, still lots of wind noise at highway speeds. I expected better. 4. One front speaker was defective from the factory. 5. Gear selector is on the "on the floor" between front seats where it manages to be constantly in the way of everything. Stupid location and all for looks. PROS: 1. Engine after 7 years and with a 120,000 miles still as dependable and powerful as when new. V6 power is there if you need it. Moves right smartly off the line or when passing. 2. Body still solid and all the electronics (heated seats, power roof, radio, etc) are still functional."

Don't buy a used hybrid if you can help it

By on Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Pros: "great MPG when you drive it properly"

Cons: "expensive to maintain as a hybrid"

"We bought this car used for $9000 with 103000 miles already on it. For the price, we thought it was a good deal. For the most part, the car is a decent car. My husband is 6'7" and over 200 lbs...he fit in it very well, so that's the main reason we bought it. About 10,000 miles into our purchase, and six months later, the IMA (Integrated Motor Assist) light came on. We took it into our mechanic right away and informed us that it would be a $2800 repair at MINIMUM. We also needed a new timing belt and water pump since the "check engine/engine failure" light came on at the same time. These problems are generally covered under warranty, but only up to 85000 miles...the light will go on and off until we replace the battery. Do. Your. Research! Make sure you know what you're buying...I wish we had. We're new parents and we were just looking for a reliable, hardy car to protect our family and ended up putting almost $5000 of repairs into it."

Outstanding commuter car

By on Saturday, July 5, 2014

"Bought this vehicle for commuter traffic. Never let me down. Have over 200,000 miles on it and it still drives like new."

Watch the Transmission

By on Saturday, November 5, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Lousy transmission"

"Engine has too much torque for transmission. Several complaints at around 100,000 miles. I always maintained my vehicle, and then one day a $3500 transmission repair."

Lemon.

By on Monday, October 3, 2011

Pros: "Peppy performance, economical"

Cons: "Intermittent electrical problems. Engine blows up on occation."

"I have owned cars from every manufacturer and this has been by far, the least reliable. 9 months ago, with 55,000 miles on it - and religious oil changes - a bad coil misfired to the point where the spark plug head blew apart and damaged the cylinder itself, along with melting the threads to the cylinder head. A local import repair shop pulled the heads and repaired the damage. Now last week, when crusing down the highway @ 65mph , a loud explosion/blown engine/ puddle of oil on the ground. I am now stuck with another expensive repair to a car that was supposed to be reliable."

been a sad purchase!

By on Monday, January 7, 2008

"this is my second Accord! my first was rock solid and was relieble until i sold it with 118,000 miles. So, i decided to buy a new 2004 EX-L . After 3 years and 120,000 miles I have had to put in over $4000!! The electrical problems i have had with this model has absolutely unacceptable, new headlights foglights and relays. Now the lighting for the radio headunit burned out and the dealer quoted me a cost of $1000 to replace it! I've also had problems with the Cd-player and the drivers seat. A pricey disappointment!"

Awesome car

By on Saturday, May 4, 2013

"I have been driving my 2006 Accord for now 7 years and put 117K miles on it. I take good care of it. I am only on my 3 set of tires, second set of brakes. I drove this car in snow, desert, city etc... and it is a pleasure to drive.The newer models are even better. The only issue I have with my 06 is that I am 6"2 and I wish the seat moved back a bit more. I sat in a newer model recently and I could barely reach the pedals. My other wish is that they still made a station wagon version which they make in Europe. I give this car a 10"

excellent vehicle

By on Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, handles very well."

Cons: "stiff ride"

"I own this car for 5 years , with no problems at all, very reliable, unbelievable acceleration for a v6, one would think it was a v8. the only negative thing I could say about the car is the ride is a little stiff, especially on bumpy roads its really noticeable. other than that its a very comfortable car. I guess that's the price you pay for a great handling car."

The only car to buy

By on Thursday, April 24, 2014

"My Dad owned it brand new drove from palmbeach to miami every day and was reliable and now i own it and it still runs like new love this car"

Best Car I Will Ever Own!

By on Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Pros: "Reliability; wonderful comfort; great reputation"

Cons: "No automatic locking when you are at 10 or 20 mph"

"After owning several American-made cars (e.g., Chevy, Plymouth, etc.) and then going foreign to a Honda Accord, I will never go back. Hands down, best car ever made. The drive is as smooth as silk, it handles turns and curves wonderfully, and is a joy to drive. The comfort is unmatched with nice cloth seats, a decent stereo system and a great V-6 engine. The reliability alone is what makes Honda #1 in the market. As much as I would love to buy American and support our country's workers, the cars here don't compare to their foreign competitors. Yes, you pay more, but you do get what you pay for most of the time. I'd rather put out more money and have a safe vehicle. Go buy one today!"

Ex condition, LX, 4 dr. sunroof loaded new tires

By on Tuesday, November 22, 2011

"Excellent condition. Engine perfect always kept up. few dings leather seats and heated seats. Everything works."

Super reliable! Everything I need and want.

By on Sunday, November 13, 2011

Pros: "Price, drivability, reliability, styling"

Cons: "None!"

"I have had my '06 since it was brand new, and it has always run perfectly with no problems. It still has great power and a smooth drive. I plan to run it into the ground! I even love the body, and I still feel super cool and comfortable inside of it. I get compliments and questions about it all the time. I think the value can not be beat."

Great car fpr the price.

By on Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pros: "fun and easy to drive, great MPG's."

Cons: "Price for parts"

"I paid 13400 for this car in April of this year, estimated 34MPG fast, holds the road entering and exiting turns, the 5 speed manual transmission is a blast. the only down fall to this car is that there are not a lot of places besides dealerships that sale parts for this car even though it is a 2006 model for the DITY maintenance up keep."

best value for a sedan

By on Wednesday, July 28, 2010

"This has by far been the best car I have ever owned. I now have 250K miles on it and have every intention of driving it till the wheels fall off of it. I keep up with the maintainance and kept all fulids changed. There really is only one major design flaw: The front end has an opening for the car to breath and if you travel on the highway a lot you will be prone to bust your condenser from road debris. I had to replace mine once. Since then I bought a billet grill to keep debris from getting to my condenser and causing the car's AC not to work. Other then that its a great value and great overall car. Would buy again!"

07 Honda Accord EX V6 with Nav

By on Wednesday, October 7, 2009

"This car was my first new car. It's got plenty of horsepower and a very smooth ride. The cabin noise is quiet, though not as quiet as a BMW or Benz (price tag). The trim is great, mine comes with gray leather and a matching black/gray interior. Plenty of legroom for a mid-size sedan and the voice activated nav is icing on the cake. Although there's no shift gate, you could have a lot of fun starting from 2nd gear and shifting up at excess of 6,000rpms to rev things up. The sound system is a tad lacking without a sub but it puts out decent bass and the highs are awesome. Six disc CD changer without mp3 is a little 90s, but the Accord makes up for this in other ways, namely reliability and resale value. I've had no mechanical problems with the car other than a few things loose in the interior trim (sun visor screw loose and wire rubbing against wire in the dashboard) but Honda quickly fixed this under warranty. It's also very fuel efficient for a V6 with nearly 250hp and over 200lb of torque. I average 24.6mpg combined with cruise control using 87 octane. The LED rear taillights make this car look up to date. Honda cars typically have long lasting stylings. The 17" rims are also a nice feature, though the width of the wheels/tires leave a few inches to be desired. All in all a great car--my three years with it has still left the car worth just over $21,000. The math comes out to $3,000 a year in depreciation for the first two years--less than $300 per month for a nice near-luxury sedan with V6 and nice VSA traction control for great handling."

Disapointing

By on Friday, May 22, 2009

"The AC has had numerous problems. At 67K miles many things are wrong. Hard to believe this is a Honda."

DENVER, CO

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2008

"This is the best vehicle I have ever owned! Great comfort and gas mileage."

dependability, comfort and performance

By on Monday, May 4, 2015

Pros: "good engine, handling, comfort"

Cons: "paint finish shows age more than Euro cars"

"This has been a pleasure for the past ten years. No real problems and plenty of performance. The hybrid is more a performance boost (increased horsepower when accelerating) than a mileage benefit. Very well put together car."

Best car I've ever owned. 162,000 mi strong

By on Saturday, January 4, 2014

Pros: "good looking, economical and very reliable"

Cons: "performance tires are expensive and don't last"

"Beautiful looking car inside and out. I've put 162,000 miles on this car in 8 years, kept it well-maintained. I have only one minor complaint about the type of tires required on this car. Performance tires are expensive and don't last. I'm on my 4th set."

Very nice car - Drives great

By on Sunday, May 19, 2013

Pros: "Handle great, good mileage, very reliable"

Cons: "Only complaint is how low it is to the ground."

"The only complaint I have at all with this car is how low it is to the ground. I know if it was higher it probably would not handle as nice but as I get older the car is harder to get into. Otherwise a great car."

2007 honda accord sedan

By on Friday, February 1, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive"

"i have owned this car for 3 years and love it it is tough durable and i have driven it everywhere ! great car for traveling and long distance trips. I have put over 60,000 miles on it and no major maintenance issues other than taking care of overall oil changes eg."

LOVE IT

By on Thursday, August 23, 2012

Pros: "low maintenance"

Cons: "radio goes out"

"This is my second car. I love it and wouldn't trade it in. its also vintage because not too many people are driving stick shifts anymore. After 7 years she still feels brand new and is a quite ride. the check engine light has only come on twice in its life and maintaning it has been simple and easy. the only downside is that the radio seems to have issues in that year/model. i did replace it with an aftermarket radio and it is working much better. All I have to say is that Honda is a very low maintenance vehicle and if you treat it right it will last & last. regular miantenance is a must and replacing things on time according to the owner's manual you will have less problems overall."

great job Honda!

By on Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, good gas mileage, looks awesome!!"

Cons: "auto transmission a little rough"

"I bought this car about two and a half months ago, so i havent had it too long, but i love everything about it. Honda did a great job on this one. The styling looks timeless both inside and outside. The 2.4 ivtec engine is smooth and pretty quiet. The 5 speed auto transmission shifts pretty noticeably though, its not super smooth, but i took it to honda and they drove it and said everything was fine. The brakes are decent, i had to replace the front rotors because they were warped, that is the only thing i have had to have "fixed". Nothing has gone wrong mechanically. Everything else has been preventative maintenance like trans fluid, coolant, synthetic oil change, and spark plugs. I got mine with 97,500 miles on it and it has almost 99,200 now, cant wait to hit the 100,000 mile mark!! I also get about 24-28 mpg mixed city/hwy driving. Im a college student and this makes a great car! I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a reliable gas saver."

Looking for another one!

By on Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pros: "Safety features (side curtain and seat airbags)"

Not a scratch on the driver.

"My daughter just totalled this car and it saved her life. We bought it new and have loved it. Would buy another with low miles if I can find it!! One great, reliable car!"

Not a scratch on the driver.

Plenty of good - just the bad

By on Tuesday, December 1, 2009

"Honda Accord's are great, so no need to go into all the vehicle's finer points. Since this is a review and the issues stick out the most for me, I'll list them. I had significant issues with the 6spd transmission. It went from being a little cranky going into gears to just plain not engaging gears (mainly 3rd) and finally "blew up". I returned the vehicle several times to have it fixed and fortunately after it "blew up" Honda did a courtesey repair out of warranty - no charge. Some of the other issues included a power steering assembly which squeeled and had to be replaced. Finally, from a performance standpoint, the v6 is adequate and all, but this car has one of the worst turning circle's I've ever experienced. Give yourself plenty of black top to pull into that mall parking space. Overall, the finer points of the car make up for these shortcomings and issues. It's a Honda, so you should expect generally care free service."