2004 Honda Accord

Based on 2185 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

I like the car in spite of some faults.

By on Monday, August 27, 2012

Pros: "Dependable, good driver."

Cons: "Lots of wind noise."

"CONS: 1. Rear brakes worn out at 20,000 miles. Faulty build. Replaced rear rotors and pads, installed them correctly and no further problems. (Car built in USA). 2. Drivers power window component broke. 3. Lots of wind noise. This is a decked out Honda Accord with all the bells and whistles. For all that, still lots of wind noise at highway speeds. I expected better. 4. One front speaker was defective from the factory. 5. Gear selector is on the "on the floor" between front seats where it manages to be constantly in the way of everything. Stupid location and all for looks. PROS: 1. Engine after 7 years and with a 120,000 miles still as dependable and powerful as when new. V6 power is there if you need it. Moves right smartly off the line or when passing. 2. Body still solid and all the electronics (heated seats, power roof, radio, etc) are still functional."

Transmission failure

By on Monday, February 13, 2012

Pros: "price, drive, comfort,"

Cons: "road noise, transmission doesn't last"

"I have owned this care since it was new and done all the routine maintenance. This past week the transmission failed. There are many 2003-2004 Accords with transmission problems. There is even a recall on some of the 2004's but of course mine doesn't have the correct VIN # to fall under the recall. So now I am having to put a new transmission in this car. BEWARE of buying used 2003/2004 Accords... You might have to pay to put a transmission in."

Don't buy a used hybrid if you can help it

By on Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Pros: "great MPG when you drive it properly"

Cons: "expensive to maintain as a hybrid"

"We bought this car used for $9000 with 103000 miles already on it. For the price, we thought it was a good deal. For the most part, the car is a decent car. My husband is 6'7" and over 200 lbs...he fit in it very well, so that's the main reason we bought it. About 10,000 miles into our purchase, and six months later, the IMA (Integrated Motor Assist) light came on. We took it into our mechanic right away and informed us that it would be a $2800 repair at MINIMUM. We also needed a new timing belt and water pump since the "check engine/engine failure" light came on at the same time. These problems are generally covered under warranty, but only up to 85000 miles...the light will go on and off until we replace the battery. Do. Your. Research! Make sure you know what you're buying...I wish we had. We're new parents and we were just looking for a reliable, hardy car to protect our family and ended up putting almost $5000 of repairs into it."

You get what you pay for

By on Thursday, June 28, 2012

Pros: "Inexpensive, comfortable ride, gas mileage"

Cons: "Factory paint quality"

"I bought this car in late 2007 with about 66,000 miles on it for around $11,000. Six months after I bought the car, I had to replace the air conditioning and repaint the entire car because all of the clear coat and some of the actual paint was peeling off. The car was about 3 years old at the time. I'm going to chalk both of those up to the extreme climate in Texas and the fact that the car lived by the salty-aired cost in Georgia before I bought it. Recently, the navigation stopped working. It's approximately $2,000 to fix, but I don't need it to drive the car. Other than the air conditioning, I have not been forced to make any mechanical repairs. I've only had to perform regular maintenance and I've put about 100,000 miles on the car. For two years, I drove it about 350 miles round trip every weekend to see family and thought it was a very comfortable ride. The gas mileage is great. I do a lot of highway driving and I can easily get 32 miles per gallon if I'm cruising. Maintenance is cheap, and I hope to drive the car another two years. Accords will last a LONG time. Quality is not the very best, but you do get what you pay for, if not a little more."

Outstanding commuter car

By on Saturday, July 05, 2014

"Bought this vehicle for commuter traffic. Never let me down. Have over 200,000 miles on it and it still drives like new."

Best sedan I have ever owned.

By on Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Pros: "Reliability, low maintenance, good mileage."

Cons: "Leg room and suspension could be improved."

"Reliable, sturdily built, good mileage. We bought this Accord new in 2004. In 2012, we purchased our first set of new tires! Changed wheel bearing on one tire in 2011. No brakes yet! Everytime we have it inspected, the mechanic says we still have over 50% left on the linings. Very low maintenance to own this vehicle; we have saved a lot of expense over the years. We have two issues, which are minor: Suspension is not as good as Toyota Camry, which has a smoother ride. We would prefer a larger sedan in that the front seat does not leave any room for personal belongings. I have to stash my handbag in the back seat. Leg room in the front could be more generous. This being said, the Honda Accord has been the most reliable car we have ever owned and the styling is up-to-date for 2012. Paint has held up beautifully, as has the interior. We love the fold down seat in the rear which enables us to stash purchases from the lumber yard. Great car for the money. We expect it to go to 300,00 miles!"

Lemon.

By on Monday, October 03, 2011

Pros: "Peppy performance, economical"

Cons: "Intermittent electrical problems. Engine blows up on occation."

"I have owned cars from every manufacturer and this has been by far, the least reliable. 9 months ago, with 55,000 miles on it - and religious oil changes - a bad coil misfired to the point where the spark plug head blew apart and damaged the cylinder itself, along with melting the threads to the cylinder head. A local import repair shop pulled the heads and repaired the damage. Now last week, when crusing down the highway @ 65mph , a loud explosion/blown engine/ puddle of oil on the ground. I am now stuck with another expensive repair to a car that was supposed to be reliable."

One of the best!

By on Saturday, May 09, 2015

Pros: "Very reliable! Very easy to drive and navigate."

Cons: "Nothing major...normal wear and tears."

"I bought this car with just 18 miles on the odometer. 220K miles later it is still purring like the time I first purchased it. I have driven it from Maine to Key West and from Jacksonville, Florida to Los Angeles without any major hiccups. Absolutely love my Accord! I would recommend this car to anyone who is looking for reliability."

Awesome car

By on Saturday, May 04, 2013

"I have been driving my 2006 Accord for now 7 years and put 117K miles on it. I take good care of it. I am only on my 3 set of tires, second set of brakes. I drove this car in snow, desert, city etc... and it is a pleasure to drive.The newer models are even better. The only issue I have with my 06 is that I am 6"2 and I wish the seat moved back a bit more. I sat in a newer model recently and I could barely reach the pedals. My other wish is that they still made a station wagon version which they make in Europe. I give this car a 10"

Watch the Transmission

By on Saturday, November 05, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Lousy transmission"

"Engine has too much torque for transmission. Several complaints at around 100,000 miles. I always maintained my vehicle, and then one day a $3500 transmission repair."