1. Rear brakes worn out at 20,000 miles. Faulty build. Replaced rear rotors and pads, installed them correctly and no further problems. (Car built in USA).
2. Drivers power window component broke.
3. Lots of wind noise. This is a decked out Honda Accord with all the bells and whistles. For all that, still lots of wind noise at highway speeds. I expected better.
4. One front speaker was defective from the factory.
5. Gear selector is on the "on the floor" between front seats where it manages to be constantly in the way of everything. Stupid location and all for looks.
1. Engine after 7 years and with a 120,000 miles still as dependable and powerful as when new. V6 power is there if you need it. Moves right smartly off the line or when passing.
2. Body still solid and all the electronics (heated seats, power roof, radio, etc) are still functional."
"My wife and I have owned this Accord in Ohio, Alberta, and Texas. We have driven the car in Canada in the winter, Texas in the summer, and the Rocky Mountains in all four seasons.
1. Extremely reliable, very few problems.
2. Very high quality overall design.
3. I like the 4 cylinder handling better than the 6.
4. 4 cylinder engine/tranmission gives good acceleration and averages 28 MPG.
5. Smooth and quiet at 120 mph.
6. Great handling for a family sedan.
7. Comfortable seats for four adults on long trips.
8. Elegant interior, well designed, well constructed.
9. Still quiet at 100,000 miles.
10. Clear instrumentation.
11. AM/FM/CD/XM audio system works well and sounds great.
1. Underbody started to rust when we were living in northern Ohio and Alberta with the salt and other chemicals on the winter roads.
2. Center stack electronics package failed at 70,000 miles, cost to replace around $1800+. Covered under extra cost extended warranty.
3. Driver's leather seat cover worn out at 95,000 miles, replacement cover very expensive."
"I bought this car new, and it has not let me down, ever. I get great milage, 33.5 miles over the road even with an odometer reading over 213,000 miles. It has zip -- get up and go. I would not think of getting any other kind of car after owning this Honda. My friend had told me I was foolish to buy the extra warranty when I bought it, and she was absolutely correct. I have done only normal maintenance to this car; oil changes regularly, serpentine belt replaced 2x in that milage. It is still going, but I feel I have to replace it with another Honda. This probably a mistake and based on advice from others, not my heart.
I have not really loved a car since I was young and owned a TriumphSpitfire (2 seater), but now remember what it is like to love your car."
"We bought this car used for $9000 with 103000 miles already on it. For the price, we thought it was a good deal. For the most part, the car is a decent car. My husband is 6'7" and over 200 lbs...he fit in it very well, so that's the main reason we bought it.
About 10,000 miles into our purchase, and six months later, the IMA (Integrated Motor Assist) light came on. We took it into our mechanic right away and informed us that it would be a $2800 repair at MINIMUM. We also needed a new timing belt and water pump since the "check engine/engine failure" light came on at the same time. These problems are generally covered under warranty, but only up to 85000 miles...the light will go on and off until we replace the battery.
Do. Your. Research! Make sure you know what you're buying...I wish we had. We're new parents and we were just looking for a reliable, hardy car to protect our family and ended up putting almost $5000 of repairs into it."
Cons: "none that i can think of but parts can b expensive"
Likely to recommend this car? (1-10): 10
"I have had this car for almost 2yrs and besides the transmission having to be rebuilt, I just love how my car drives and has the power. I have a 6cyl Honda Accord 03, and it has over 200,000 miles on it, and still drives like a champ! I have only bought Honda's and will not buy anything else!! Keep them maintenance d, and they will last forever!!!! Looks good with hood up or down."