2004 Honda Accord

Based on 2068 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

SOLID VEHICLE

By on Monday, October 20, 2014

"For dependability and reliability, this automobile is one of the best. Well made in regards to quality for a vehicle in this price range. A few things that bug me though are as follows: 1) I like sporty responsive cards, but the brakes and accelerator are ultra touchy on this car. Therefore, never a smooth ride for passengers. I don;t care how smooth you think you are, it will be a rough ride. 2) Transmission downshift is rough when decelerating through 35mph. A huge downshift occurs around then that makes your head jolt a little. The car should glide down smoothly when off the pedal. This car doesn't. 3) Who designed the sunscreen? Not very adjustable. If it is not fully down, you can only pull it back toward you to adjust, and then it blocks your rear view mirror view. 4) Driver seat sticks out a little, and when getting in, I am always rubbing and wearing down the seat back as it hits my back pocket. That area wear down and ruins the seat. Otherwise, this is an outstanding vehicle. I would buy another if they worked out the brake smoothness and transmission issue."

Only routine maintenance until yr 9

By on Thursday, October 16, 2014

Pros: "Reliable"

Cons: "Sits too low"

"Great car! Honda dealers I have dealt with were all professional!"

Best Car I've ever owned

By on Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, comfortable, responsive, cool ride"

"My Honda Accord EX V6 Coupe is the best car I've ever owned. For 10 of 11 years it was reliable, great to drive and park, pretty good on gas for a 6 and she was beautiful. I took it on many trips as well as using it as the "mom taxi". At one point until High School I fit 3 kids in the back. When my daughter went to college she used it for 3 entire years but its been back to me the last year as she is now living in the city. The car never broke down. I have had all the maintenance performed on schedule so that may have contributed but I just think I would up with a gem. Other than a recall item this car has never needed to be in the shop. Its year 11 of ownership and the clear coat has been rapidly chipping off so she is no longer a beauty. But her engine is still in tip top condition and the only reason I am considering getting rid of her is I have no need for a second car. I bet after having it repainted the next owner would get another 200k miles out of it."

Purchased new in 2006 and have had no issues

By on Monday, October 13, 2014

Pros: "Reliability, Safety, Comfort, Convenience, Quiet"

Cons: "Not overly exciting, brakes are average"

"The best Honda I've owned (out of 4 I've purchased new over the years). Have had no problems for the 140K miles and it still runs near new. Reliability, Comfort, Safety, Convenience are top notch in this class of vehicle. Just do the usual maintenance and keep it rolling!"

A very compact comfortable best vehicle ever

By on Friday, October 10, 2014

Pros: "Great price for a reliable, comfortable car"

"This vehicle is very reliable and takes you anywhere trouble free. The engine runs smoothly and quietly as it was when I purchased it 10 years ago. If you are looking for a comfortable, and very reliable car, buy a Honda Accord today. My secret for a trouble free, reliable car is Honda brand, and following manufacturer's maintenance schedules."

197,000 Miles and Still Runs Like New

By on Monday, October 06, 2014

Pros: "Extremely reliable, great quality, good mileage."

Cons: "Not much fun to drive"

"I previously had a Honda Civic with 150,000 miles that ran like new until it was rear ended. In 2006, I replaced it with a new four cylinder Honda Accord EX-L sedan and it was one of the best decisions I've made. I now have 197,000 miles and it still runs like new with almost no repairs. After I had about 90,000 miles I had to replace a sensor and recently replaced the windshield wiper link. Other than that, I have only had regular maintenance. Decent gas mileage and I just change the oil, gas it up, and just drive. The leather driver's seat did rip on me at about 70,000 miles, but I may have caused it because of something sticking out of my back pocket. I am thinking of giving it to my teenage son and getting another Accord."

Reliable Honda

By on Monday, September 29, 2014

"Of the cars I have owned, Hondas have been most reliable. They have required less maintenance. The mpg is decent."

Great vehicle, minor little complaints.

By on Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Pros: "Economical, fun to drive, luggage space."

Cons: "electrical bugs, handling on icy roads"

"Reliable car but some electronics have given problems. Electronic door locks failed on driver door, without driver door operating, key FOB is useless. Intermittent seatbelt light comes on when no one else is in the car. Lights brighten intermittently, due to what I have been told is the charging relay kicking in and out during normal operation. Other than the electrical issues, car is very good. Worst fuel mileage was probably 29 mpg, best was probably 32, so very consistent. Car is comforable and fairly sporty, however, it does feel light in the front end while driveing on icy roads."

Excellent car for reliability and comfort!

By on Sunday, September 21, 2014

"I have been been the only owner of my 2005 Honda Accord LX and bought it new. Maintenance has been regular and I believe if you take care of this car, it will take care of you. I would recommend one thing to those who will need to replace tires at some point. I had Michelin tires originally and then replaced with "lesser" brand. Really do believe that the quality of tires may make a huge difference in the amount of sound in the cabin. It seems considerably noisier now. My next round of tires will be Michelin again! Excellent car - this is my 4th Honda car. 3 ACURAS and 1 Honda Accord. I will probably never own anything but these line of products!!!"

2004 Honda Accord V6 HAS transmission issues!

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pros: "Good pick up handles well engine runs great."

Cons: "V6 Transmission defects, V6 Timing belt too."

"Two years ago we purchased a used 2004 Honda Accord v6 based on reviews from this website. The car had under 70,000 miles and was well taken care of having service records to prove it. I read the car had FANTASTIC reliability and it looked great so we purchased it. I was unaware that the V6 model had issues while the four cylinder had great ratings. Unfortunately when people rate the car both ratings become one and the four cylinder version is fantastic. Long story short car was never abused my wife drives it with the kids and drives like a little old lady. She broke down on the highway with three kids in the back. No warning car engine became disengaged with engine revving but no motion like car was in neutral. Motor totally disengaged from the wheels. I would recommend everyone stay away from the v6. Because of this experience I will never buy another Honda. I know most Accords are fantastic but this experience has left a bad taste in my mouth. The v6 rebuilt transmission cost $3500 to replace. Also, the v6 has a timing belt instead of a chain another $800 charge on top of the transmission. - Ouch."

I like this car a lot

By on Tuesday, September 16, 2014

"I've had this car for 5 years. I've had no trouble with it what so ever. It is reliable and gets great gas mileage. It has a large interior, and is comfortable."

Love this car!

By on Monday, September 15, 2014

Pros: "Handling, functionality, reliability."

Cons: "No MP3 connection"

"The SE-V6 package makes this car handle like an Acura. Very smooth, nice stereo with 5-CD changer. Plenty of room front seat and back. Radio controls on the steering wheel come in real handy. The intermittent wipers slow down with the car. Little things but very useful. I don't even want a new car. I love this one so much I want to keep it running forever."

very reliable !

By on Saturday, September 13, 2014

"this car is very reliable and there is no damage to the interior or exterior. It has gotten me wherever me and my family needed to go."

very satisfied-no major problems-one recall

By on Friday, September 12, 2014

"One recall and Honda fixed with no cost to me. I bought the 2005 accord with 360000 in 2008 and now i have 91000 and have no major problems. very happy with my Honda Accord."

Hondas will never let you down, best purchase ever

By on Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Pros: "spacious back seats, fast engine, luxurious"

Cons: "plastic on head lights are cheap, yellow very easy"

"I purchased my first brand new car in 1999 when I bought my Honda Civic I was smart and had the clear coat put on then as I got older I wanted more luxury so I traded it in for a 2004 Honda Accord EX V6.I have now owned this car for over 11 years and have only put $1,200 into it to replace the timing belt and engine mounts and of course I do the routine oil changes. Other than that this car runs and looks brand new still. I see the newer cars out there and I get very tempted to trade my baby in but I just cant do it. Honda is so reliable it will never leave you on the side of the road and it will run forever as long as you take care of it. Honda knew what they were doing when they made these cars."

Very reliable and quality car

By on Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Pros: "Very reliable car and good gas mileage"

Cons: "Needs a 6-cyl engine to get more power"

"This car is 7 years old with only 40K miles. To date the only major repairs needed were brakes. It is very reliable, comfortable and will last a long time."

Great value, competent performance, and reliable

By on Saturday, September 06, 2014

Pros: "Great value and endless styling"

Cons: "An image as a family car rather than sports sedan"

"A very reliable and dependable family car which could be a sports sedan when outfitted with the V6 engine. The styling has stayed fresh despite being 12 years and three Accord generations old."

Great CAR!!!

By on Wednesday, September 03, 2014

"I love my car!!!! It is best car if compared to others, you just need to maintain it on time and it will run great and be loyal for you many years to come!!!"

GOT THIS CAR BRAND NEW 5 MILES

By on Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Pros: "GREAT DEPENDABLE CAR"

"CAR IN EXCELLENT CONDITION TO VERY GOOD DID ALL OIL CHANGES AND PREVENTIVE MAINT I HAVE MY OWN MAINT PERSON THAT DOES ALL MAJOR PREVENTIVE MAINT HE WORKS FOR HONDA DOES SIDE WORK , RED SUNROOF MICHELIN TIRES CAR NOT USED MUCH IN THE PAST 6 YEARS BECAUSE OF SMALL HONDA WE USE FOR WORK TO KEEP MILES DOWN ON 2006 ACCORD RUNS GREAT NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH THE CAR .DRIVES GREAT GOOD ON RIDE AND PEP 10, 000 EVEN NEED TO RETIRE AND USE MONEY TO LIVE ON AND MAYBE MOVE."

Awesome Car

By on Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Pros: "Never broken down on me. 8 yr old car!"

"Knock on wood, this car has never left me stranded or without A/C. This car is a champ. The AC is awesome and my gas mileage has been 34 on the highway and 26 on the streets. I love my Honda. I will probably buy another Honda once I am ready for a new car."

Best combination of value, performance, and luxury

By on Monday, September 01, 2014

Pros: "Luxury at a great price"

Cons: "Simply doesn't work if you have a baby"

"When I sold my 1998 2DR Accord EX-L, I bought a 2005 2DR Accord EX-L... that's how much I love this car. The V6 engine, leather interior, heated seats, and handling make it feel like a luxury car. The make and model has been absolutely reliable, with no mechanical issues during its tenure. Two things to mention that may not make it into many reviews: (1) the back seat is extremely roomy and comfortable. For a coupe, this is something special. (2) the climate control system is unlike any other car. I set it to 70° and leave it there all year, only needing to hit the defrost buttons in the winter. It does that good of a job. If you care more about the car itself than the logo on the hood, this is an absolute steal."

Love honda card, best made cars for reliability..

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

"Na"

This car has everlasting value

By on Sunday, August 17, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage, durable engine, front wheel drive"

Cons: "cheap interior, slow acceleration, weak engine"

"I've had my 2005 Honda Accord for 3.5 years. I went from 67,000 miles to 102,000 miles. Overall, it's not a bad car, it holds its worth over time, and the engine will not break! In the past 3.5 years, I have only replaced the starter one time. Oil changes have been the only thing as far as maintenance I had to do. I did replace the spark plugs and wires for a much smoother engine feel. The tires were factory, so I replaced them before last winter. This thing gets knocked around in the wind so badly. It starts to shake at around 80 MPH, and the road becomes one with the driver since you can feel pretty much every single thing you run over. It is economy all the way! I would like to explain why I rated it lower in some areas than others, however. This is not fun to drive at all. I had zero exhilaration from the day I purchased to today. I would compare the speed of the engine to a lawn mower on redbull, but the efficiency is outstanding. This car is 9 years old, and I average 45 MPG on trips of 2 hours or more. Cruise control at 70 pretty much the entire way, and you mpg just continues to rise. The interior is cheap. It looks cheap, feels cheap, and plastic pieces break off when you least expect it. When researching a bit about Honda philosophy, they believe that good enough is good enough. So, i suppose the interior is good enough, but it's certainly not an eye magnet. The multi disc CD-player is almost always malfunctioning. It does not come with an auxilliary port standard, so I had to install an aftermarket aux port. The multi disc cd player is also tied in directly to the A/C and Heat controls, so if you want to replace it with an aftermarket cd player with much more capability, you will be spending about $120 just on the bracket alone. There are cheaper brackets that allow you to install the cd player in the storage area below your existing radio, but that leaves the original stereo dead and lifeless above the new one. My previous car was a 1999 Aurora Gold label. It was probably my favorite car for the bells and whistles and the big, powerful V8. I cannot compare the two cars, I just wanted to show you why my review was probably lower than the others. I came from a powerhouse flagship model with every bell and whistle, so there is much to be desired for me in the Accord. I will recommend this car to anyone I meet with a disclaimer. If you want economy +++, this car will satisfy your every need. If you are looking for economy with a mix of acceleration, speed, and overall enjoyment, keep looking!"

One owner car. Always garaged. Mostly short trip

By on Friday, August 08, 2014

Pros: "One of the best and most reliable cars I have ever"

Cons: "Back seat not easily accessed by older friends."

"Vehicle has always been maintained by Honda dealer as scheduled."

Extremely reliable, great engine/trany combo

By on Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Pros: "Very reliable, 36 mpg on the highway, 6 cd changer"

Cons: "Seat is uncomfortable after a few hours of driving"

"Bought certified car with 19k miles. Dealer changed battery at 50k for free. This year '06, began the no belt to timing chain engine. This car drives like a sports car. A little stiff, hugs the road and very smooth at ANY speed. Highway passing a breeze. Steering wheel controls are great for cruise control and radio. Seats are hard, but wear well. I love this car! Plan is to drive it to 500,000 K."