2004 Honda Accord

Based on 2117 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

Better brakes would make it perfect.

By on Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Pros: "Cost, comfort, mpg, handeling, reliability."

Cons: "Brakes not eng. to H standards, low quality paint."

"I get great mpg. Handles excellent. Invest in good snow tires and Michigan winters are no problem. The only negative on the car is that it has a poorly designed braking system. Pads wear quick (I drive like a granny and don't tailgate or stomp them) and I had to have all four completely redone for over $1500 about 3k past warranty. Lots of complaints on file for Accords a year to 3 years newer than mine. Maybe it was built late in the year?"

Very good car

By on Monday, February 23, 2015

Cons: "Has cup holders."

"One owner by a senior citizen. Kept in a garage, all maintenance ie oil change etc. Very well cared for."

Great car, bought a second one!

By on Monday, February 23, 2015

Pros: "Great car, affordable, reliable and fun to drive.."

"We have loved driving this car for over eight years now. It drives great in snow and in the summer we open the sunroof. It feels sporty and has been very affordable to maintain. We have had no major issues beyond servicing and tires. We considered saving this car for our son but he is still too far away from driving at this point. We will likely be getting him a used accord when he does begin driving."

Great Car I Plan on Keeping for many years

By on Sunday, February 22, 2015

Pros: "Value, retaining value,"

Cons: "Voice recognition feature not so hot"

"I've put on close to 10,000 miles since buying this low mileage accord. Other than routine upkeep of fluid changes and rear brakes, it has been flawless. Only issue is the navigation system is a bit complicated and the voice recognition feature is about useless. Other than that, plugging in a destination and having in on the screen is awesome. I also like the mileage/fuel average feature on the screen."

This is the best vehicle I've owned

By on Saturday, February 21, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, good gas mileage"

Cons: "None I can think of"

"I tend to keep vehicles I like for a long time. This is probably the one I've kept the longest. Bought it used w/about 35k mi. Now 11 years old and I still love it, just think it's time I got a newer car. Just returned from a 3000 mile road trip to FL. Not at all hesitant to do a 5k road trip."

A good car, but could be better

By on Friday, February 20, 2015

Pros: "Reliable, Good resale value"

Cons: ""Plastic" feel to many of the parts"

"I have had this car for 8 years and unlike most other reviewers I am not thrilled by it. It is reliable, however and looks good. But I find the gas mileage relatively poor compared to other heavier cars I have had over the last 10 years (about 23-24 mpg). I find the materials in the car to be relatively cheap plastic that has a tendency to fail. The front bumper is plastic and loosely attached to the frame by plastic pins. Twice when parking and getting too close to the concrete stops in front of the car in parking lots, backing up pulled the thing off (with a corresponding $800 repair bill). I found it objectionable that I couldn't get the car with traction control unless I got the 6 cylinder engine. If I realized that before I bought the car, I wouldn't have bought it. There was no garage door opener also unless I got the larger engine. One of the supposed "virtues" of this car is that options come in only a few packages; but the packages are designed to require you to buy a more expensive car (e.g., a lower mpg larger engine to get a safety feature like traction control)."

Love this car and made rash decision to sell!

By on Monday, February 16, 2015

Pros: "Blast to drive, shifts easy, great pickup!"

Cons: "Has 2 cup holders and arm rest"

"Positives: 1. Great mileage - local 24 mpg - highway 34 mpg! 2. Very comfortable and feels like you're in a heavy safe car even though it's only a 4 cylinder engine. 3. Manual transmission. 4. Brand new transmission. 5. Great pick up. 6. Tan Interior and exterior 7. Has a huge trunk. 8. Has 2 charger outlets for cell phone and/or GPS. 9. Has 2 cup holders. 10. Have 2 remote control entry keys. 11. Original Owner. Negatives: 1. Smoked in car. Driver seat has burn holes as well as above both front windows. 2. backed into a tree on my property, so 2 dings on rear driver side of trunk. 4. Found the pieces of tail light that broke and taped back together - can hardly tell. 5. Last month was pulling into garage and hit the garage frame - $1,600. damages but new front bumper, passenger side headlight and under front carriage brand new - have receipt. 6. Transmission died 2/12 and am calling the dealer on 2/16 to see if my 04 Honda is still there; if so, am going to get it fixed - and if so, I'm going to have a new transmission installed - will have the receipt. 7. Gave the maintenance records I had to dealer along with the original purchase receipt. Hopefully he still has them. Bought a new used car impulsively on 2/12 because just paid $500. deductible for front end repairs and now almost $2,000 for new transmission. When I speak to the Dealer tomorrow to see if he still has my former car; and if so, am going to pay to get it fixed - will have receipt. Gave dealer all maintenance receipts along with the original purchase receipt. Hopefully he still has them. Really regretting decision to leave the car at the dealership because it has been such a great car! Will provide pictures of inside and outside."

Best car I've ever owned

By on Monday, February 16, 2015

Pros: "Fuel efficiency, reliability, comfortable"

Cons: "Road and wind noise could be better"

"I purchased this car CPO in April 2007 with 40,000 miles on the odometer. I now have 247,000 worry free miles on the car. Not a single major issue. Regular oil changes every 5,000 miles. 30k, 60k, 90k services done on time. Replaced original starter and alternator in 2013. Gets 31-33 MPG on the highway. I have driven the car from So Cal to Colorado Springs (1200 miles each way) and would not be worried to do it again. The 4-cyl engine has pep, even with all those miles. No transmission problems (from my understanding, most of the transmission issues were with the V6). It's not the fastest car I've ever owned, or the sportiest. But it blends fun, practicality, and reliability into a great little package that seats 4 adults comfortably on a jaunt around town or a 400 mile road trip."

Over 300,000 miles and still going strong

By on Thursday, February 12, 2015

"Very good pickup despite being a 4 cylinder auto. Very good mileage."

Most reliable, comfortable, great performer

By on Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Cons: "The elongated front takes a little to get used to"

"I have owned my Honda Accord 6 Cyl 4 door for 8 years. I have never had any problems with it. No rough starts, no issues when its very cold or very hot. Always dependable, reliable, and fun to drive."

The best Car I have ever owned.

By on Monday, February 09, 2015

Pros: "Tough engine, great suspension, super fun to drive"

Cons: "basic interior"

"I have a 2006 EX Coupe. It has had the front rebuilt 3 times. The car has had 3 radiator swaps and bumpers installed. @166hp this car still pulls like factory. Brakes are amazing. Suspension is still fresh. I have owned a: 2000 Jetta VR6. 2005 Ford Mustang v6. 2007 Scion TC. This car blows ALL OF THEM OUT OF THE WATER. The suspension is still solid. It accelerates amazing for a 4 cylinder. and has firm confortable seats. I love the firm seats. AMAZING ACCELERATION for a 4 cylinder. The Scion TC is GARBAGE compared to this car. The EX Coupe is sporty, quick and the engine is one tough cookie. The only problem I have is that my engine coolant needs to be replaced every month, I will fix that soon though. I can't beleive my Accord has been in 3 front collisions and still performs the way it does. The alignment is still perfect."

Great car for the Money! 166000 miles strong!

By on Saturday, February 07, 2015

Pros: "Quick with the V6. Handles well. 30 MPG highway"

Cons: "Short leg room for tall person"

"This has been a great car with no problems. I have 166000 miles, had a full tune up done at 120,000, changed oil every 5000 and it is still running strong. Just wish I had a little more leg room as I am 6'2" , but my wife is only 5'1" & she drives it most of the time so it's fine. I keep thinking something is going to break but with this many miles, but when I take it in, They look it over & say "No problems". GREAT CAR!!!!!!!"

Best sporty car ever owned

By on Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Pros: "Handles great around corners"

"This car handles STILL as great as when I purchased it at 1 year old. I always get it maintenanced per Honda. I have yet to reach 100,000 miles at 12 yrs old."

Best car ever owned!

By on Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive, reliable, great mileage"

Cons: "almost enough room for back seaters"

"41 mpg best tanks on highway. no problems. none"

starter motor failed after 6 or 7 years.

By on Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Pros: "comfortable quick, low gas use, dependable ,"

Cons: "possible to over run the front end"

"going too fast the front end will begin to become unsteady"

I love this car!

By on Sunday, January 25, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, discreet, great speakers (V6)"

"To start off, this is not my first choice in a car. I love BMW, for years I owned a '97 528i, and I loved that car. However I married into the Accord and it has continued to amaze me. It handles great, very close to my BMW. It looks great and overall I love it. The features are great, the car is great, and it has held its value over the years."

GREAT CAR; I'M JUST NOT A HONDA FAN; HAD TO TRY

By on Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Pros: "IT'S A GREAT CAR;CAMRYS FOR 22 YEARS CAN'T CHANGE"

Cons: "NO CONS; IF YOU ARE A HONDA FAN, ITS GREAT"

"I HAVE OWNED A TOYOTA CAMRY XLE SINCE 1993. I WANTED TO TRY A HONDA ACCORD. SORRY! I LOVED MY TOYOTA CAMRYS AND STILL DO. MY LOSS CAN BE YOUR GAIN. I WOULD TRADE FOR A CONPARABLE CAMRY."

been a great car, got a new truck and can't afford

By on Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Pros: "4000K"

Cons: "need's some work..."

"both to keep up."

My first and best car I have driven

By on Thursday, January 15, 2015

Pros: "heated seats, leather"

Cons: "No in built Bluetooth audio"

"i purchased this car when I came to US. After that, I fell in love with this. Very smooth and noise free driving"

Reliable car with a good fuel efficiency.

By on Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Pros: "Fuel Efficient, Reliable, Great Price"

Cons: "None."

"The 2004 Honda Accord Coupe LX has a 2.4 L engine and produces 160 hp which is plenty for pushing you backward when you floor the gas pedal. The sporty look and a slightly stiffer suspension will give you a super close feel of the road making you forget that you are driving a classic car. The Accord Coupe has plenty of space in the backseat as well. It is not any smaller than the 4 door version (Length specs are exactly the same). 4-5 people can definitely travel in this car without much trouble. It boasts one of the biggest trunk for its size which will let you stuff 2 large suitcases and 2 carry on bags easily and still leave space for backpacks/purses etc (I've done it many times). Overall, I only have good things to say for this car and have nothing to complain about."

excelent!!

By on Sunday, January 04, 2015

"Honda's it only needs oil change on time and tires as needed!! I always used Chevrolets and the newer the most it requires maintenance, it needs wheel aligment every 5k."

I love this car ...

By on Thursday, January 01, 2015

"This is the second Honda Accord I've owned. My most important requirement for any car is reliability. After 7 years I have yet to have a repair needed for it. I have only one complaint, and it is minor ... the road noise I get is more than I would like, tolerable, but not as quiet as I would prefer."

okay car

By on Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Pros: "very reliable, practical, low maintenance"

Cons: "loud loud loud to much road noise"

"I have been a huge honda fan since I bought the first one. This was my third honda and probably the last. This is the first one I bought brand new. I love the reliability. I have never had it not start or strand me some where. It has needed only the basic maintenance. Prettymuch trouble free. The issues are how loud it is. We have spent about a thousand dollars lining floor's and door's with sound deadening and can't even tell a difference. The other thing is minor annoyances,. The interior lights keep failing and the door panel keeps coming apart. The 05 got much better mileage. If I only cared about reliability it would be great. It is a very practical car. Sometimes that's just not enough."

Best vehicle EVER! I love this car!

By on Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Pros: "great to drive, great to look at - overall great v"

Cons: "NONE!"

"I would keep this car forever, except with an expanding need for a sedan, I must face the facts. I have never had any issues with this car. I have driven it only for pleasure as I am retired. Purchased 4 new Michelin MXM4 tires a year ago. It is in great condition, kept up on all service/maintenanance."

What Can I Say Except,"Its a Honda"

By on Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Pros: "Relatively low cost of maintenance"

"Nothing flashy. Feels safe. Durability very good. Front pillars are so wide they distract in turns."