2004 Honda Accord

Based on 2139 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

Just to be concise

By on Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Pros: "No Issues"

Cons: "No issues How can I justify a new one? I can't!"

"Owning this 2006 Accord has been wonderful. Not a thing has gone wrong since I took the keys in June 06. Change the oil and that is it. Really, wouldn't you rather drive a Honda?"

WORTH EVERY PENNY! Will drive forever!

By on Saturday, March 07, 2015

Reason: needed Family SUV

Pros: "Exterior & Interior design. Comfort. RE-SALE value"

Cons: "road noise & turn radius"

"I ALWAYS want to own a HONDA!! When we have more kids, would love to upgrade to a HONDA PILOT. It is pretty easy to get over the "road noise" and turn radius when you look at all the POSITIVE aspects of HONDA Accords. They are SMOOTH & SLEEK in design, comfortable, GREAT gas mileage. They will RUN FOREVER if you take care of them right with routine oil changes etc. I will never buy a FORD / CHEVY / CHRYSLER as long as I am alive."

Better brakes would make it perfect.

By on Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Pros: "Cost, comfort, mpg, handeling, reliability."

Cons: "Brakes not eng. to H standards, low quality paint."

"I get great mpg. Handles excellent. Invest in good snow tires and Michigan winters are no problem. The only negative on the car is that it has a poorly designed braking system. Pads wear quick (I drive like a granny and don't tailgate or stomp them) and I had to have all four completely redone for over $1500 about 3k past warranty. Lots of complaints on file for Accords a year to 3 years newer than mine. Maybe it was built late in the year?"

Very good car

By on Monday, February 23, 2015

Cons: "Has cup holders."

"One owner by a senior citizen. Kept in a garage, all maintenance ie oil change etc. Very well cared for."

Great car, bought a second one!

By on Monday, February 23, 2015

Pros: "Great car, affordable, reliable and fun to drive.."

"We have loved driving this car for over eight years now. It drives great in snow and in the summer we open the sunroof. It feels sporty and has been very affordable to maintain. We have had no major issues beyond servicing and tires. We considered saving this car for our son but he is still too far away from driving at this point. We will likely be getting him a used accord when he does begin driving."

Great Car I Plan on Keeping for many years

By on Sunday, February 22, 2015

Pros: "Value, retaining value,"

Cons: "Voice recognition feature not so hot"

"I've put on close to 10,000 miles since buying this low mileage accord. Other than routine upkeep of fluid changes and rear brakes, it has been flawless. Only issue is the navigation system is a bit complicated and the voice recognition feature is about useless. Other than that, plugging in a destination and having in on the screen is awesome. I also like the mileage/fuel average feature on the screen."

This is the best vehicle I've owned

By on Saturday, February 21, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, good gas mileage"

Cons: "None I can think of"

"I tend to keep vehicles I like for a long time. This is probably the one I've kept the longest. Bought it used w/about 35k mi. Now 11 years old and I still love it, just think it's time I got a newer car. Just returned from a 3000 mile road trip to FL. Not at all hesitant to do a 5k road trip."

A good car, but could be better

By on Friday, February 20, 2015

Pros: "Reliable, Good resale value"

Cons: ""Plastic" feel to many of the parts"

"I have had this car for 8 years and unlike most other reviewers I am not thrilled by it. It is reliable, however and looks good. But I find the gas mileage relatively poor compared to other heavier cars I have had over the last 10 years (about 23-24 mpg). I find the materials in the car to be relatively cheap plastic that has a tendency to fail. The front bumper is plastic and loosely attached to the frame by plastic pins. Twice when parking and getting too close to the concrete stops in front of the car in parking lots, backing up pulled the thing off (with a corresponding $800 repair bill). I found it objectionable that I couldn't get the car with traction control unless I got the 6 cylinder engine. If I realized that before I bought the car, I wouldn't have bought it. There was no garage door opener also unless I got the larger engine. One of the supposed "virtues" of this car is that options come in only a few packages; but the packages are designed to require you to buy a more expensive car (e.g., a lower mpg larger engine to get a safety feature like traction control)."

Love this car and made rash decision to sell!

By on Monday, February 16, 2015

Pros: "Blast to drive, shifts easy, great pickup!"

Cons: "Has 2 cup holders and arm rest"

"Positives: 1. Great mileage - local 24 mpg - highway 34 mpg! 2. Very comfortable and feels like you're in a heavy safe car even though it's only a 4 cylinder engine. 3. Manual transmission. 4. Brand new transmission. 5. Great pick up. 6. Tan Interior and exterior 7. Has a huge trunk. 8. Has 2 charger outlets for cell phone and/or GPS. 9. Has 2 cup holders. 10. Have 2 remote control entry keys. 11. Original Owner. Negatives: 1. Smoked in car. Driver seat has burn holes as well as above both front windows. 2. backed into a tree on my property, so 2 dings on rear driver side of trunk. 4. Found the pieces of tail light that broke and taped back together - can hardly tell. 5. Last month was pulling into garage and hit the garage frame - $1,600. damages but new front bumper, passenger side headlight and under front carriage brand new - have receipt. 6. Transmission died 2/12 and am calling the dealer on 2/16 to see if my 04 Honda is still there; if so, am going to get it fixed - and if so, I'm going to have a new transmission installed - will have the receipt. 7. Gave the maintenance records I had to dealer along with the original purchase receipt. Hopefully he still has them. Bought a new used car impulsively on 2/12 because just paid $500. deductible for front end repairs and now almost $2,000 for new transmission. When I speak to the Dealer tomorrow to see if he still has my former car; and if so, am going to pay to get it fixed - will have receipt. Gave dealer all maintenance receipts along with the original purchase receipt. Hopefully he still has them. Really regretting decision to leave the car at the dealership because it has been such a great car! Will provide pictures of inside and outside."

Best car I've ever owned

By on Monday, February 16, 2015

Pros: "Fuel efficiency, reliability, comfortable"

Cons: "Road and wind noise could be better"

"I purchased this car CPO in April 2007 with 40,000 miles on the odometer. I now have 247,000 worry free miles on the car. Not a single major issue. Regular oil changes every 5,000 miles. 30k, 60k, 90k services done on time. Replaced original starter and alternator in 2013. Gets 31-33 MPG on the highway. I have driven the car from So Cal to Colorado Springs (1200 miles each way) and would not be worried to do it again. The 4-cyl engine has pep, even with all those miles. No transmission problems (from my understanding, most of the transmission issues were with the V6). It's not the fastest car I've ever owned, or the sportiest. But it blends fun, practicality, and reliability into a great little package that seats 4 adults comfortably on a jaunt around town or a 400 mile road trip."