2004 Honda Accord

Based on 2038 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

Excellent car, make it your first stop in $ range

By on Sunday, June 29, 2014

Pros: "Powerful, comfortable, affordable"

Cons: "Slightly noisy, expensive (+/-) tires, HVAC ctrls"

"This car blends the practicality of a Japanese sedan with some of the luxuries of the European makers. Wide, semi-low profile tires offer great handling, especially if research your rubber well, VSA (stability control) is hardly noticeable but still does something in extreme, hard cornering situations. Personally, I have gotten very good milage from the car, but it can drink gas if you are heavy on the throttle, but you get what you give. The transmission is a little slushy if you are too light on the throttle (as noted by major review magazines) but is firm as a rock under moderate to WOT acceleration. The interior is very spacious for a car with it's overall size, with comfortable, though not plush leather seating. The power seats are highly adjustable, and the motors have not started to sound like they are going to die any time soon. The layout of the dash is pretty standard, I like the radio in general, with its large central volume knob,and dual zone heating, but most of the HVAC controls require some looking or time dedicating to memory the location of the buttons. Safety wise, there isn't much to say, it has airbags everywhere, which is good, but that's about all I can say. The interior can be a bit noisy (again, noted by the same major magazine) but its not so loud you have to yell to the others in the car on the highway."

very nice...still feels new

By on Thursday, June 26, 2014

Pros: "good-looking, reliable, and still looks up-to-date"

Cons: "front end styling is blah..."

"We bought this 2004 Accord EX 4 cylinder from a neighbor who was the only previous owner. It had 122000 miles on it, BUT...he's an auto tech, and he had done all of the maintenance on it, and put new tires on it and installed a new battery. It's quiet, (quieter than our 2006 Accord V-6) and it looks almost new. The interior really has held up. It's reliable...no repairs needed other than regular maintenance. It's plenty quick for how we drive. The dash is so clean and easy to read, and the controls are just like new. It's a toss-up between this car and our '06 V-6 as to which I like more. They're quite different in feel...love 'em both!"

Very Nice

By on Thursday, June 26, 2014

Pros: "Quick, MPG, CD changer, sporty"

Cons: "Front end, manual seats, no satellite radio for SE"

"This was a good purchase as a first car. It is very reliable, very stylish, very affordable (20,764 in '06), and very comfortable. The only problem I have is the front end is a little shakey, but overall a very good car."

Reliable & comfortable to drive- very few problems

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Pros: "comfortable to drive"

Cons: "rust on hood (kept in garage entire time)"

"Provided over 11 years of reliable distance commuting to/from work. Great comfort along the way!"

i like it.

By on Friday, June 20, 2014

"I always say, "don't brag about your kids or your car, anything could go wrong" but so far my Honda has been very dependable. Not too long ago I took it to the dealer for an oil change and they suggested I have the brakes adjusted. I thought they were trying to rip me off until I thought about it. The car is almost 9 years old and had never had any repairs. Still looks good and sounds great."