2004 Honda Accord

Based on 2117 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

A good car, but could be better

By on Friday, February 20, 2015

Pros: "Reliable, Good resale value"

Cons: ""Plastic" feel to many of the parts"

"I have had this car for 8 years and unlike most other reviewers I am not thrilled by it. It is reliable, however and looks good. But I find the gas mileage relatively poor compared to other heavier cars I have had over the last 10 years (about 23-24 mpg). I find the materials in the car to be relatively cheap plastic that has a tendency to fail. The front bumper is plastic and loosely attached to the frame by plastic pins. Twice when parking and getting too close to the concrete stops in front of the car in parking lots, backing up pulled the thing off (with a corresponding $800 repair bill). I found it objectionable that I couldn't get the car with traction control unless I got the 6 cylinder engine. If I realized that before I bought the car, I wouldn't have bought it. There was no garage door opener also unless I got the larger engine. One of the supposed "virtues" of this car is that options come in only a few packages; but the packages are designed to require you to buy a more expensive car (e.g., a lower mpg larger engine to get a safety feature like traction control)."

Love this car and made rash decision to sell!

By on Monday, February 16, 2015

Pros: "Blast to drive, shifts easy, great pickup!"

Cons: "Has 2 cup holders and arm rest"

"Positives: 1. Great mileage - local 24 mpg - highway 34 mpg! 2. Very comfortable and feels like you're in a heavy safe car even though it's only a 4 cylinder engine. 3. Manual transmission. 4. Brand new transmission. 5. Great pick up. 6. Tan Interior and exterior 7. Has a huge trunk. 8. Has 2 charger outlets for cell phone and/or GPS. 9. Has 2 cup holders. 10. Have 2 remote control entry keys. 11. Original Owner. Negatives: 1. Smoked in car. Driver seat has burn holes as well as above both front windows. 2. backed into a tree on my property, so 2 dings on rear driver side of trunk. 4. Found the pieces of tail light that broke and taped back together - can hardly tell. 5. Last month was pulling into garage and hit the garage frame - $1,600. damages but new front bumper, passenger side headlight and under front carriage brand new - have receipt. 6. Transmission died 2/12 and am calling the dealer on 2/16 to see if my 04 Honda is still there; if so, am going to get it fixed - and if so, I'm going to have a new transmission installed - will have the receipt. 7. Gave the maintenance records I had to dealer along with the original purchase receipt. Hopefully he still has them. Bought a new used car impulsively on 2/12 because just paid $500. deductible for front end repairs and now almost $2,000 for new transmission. When I speak to the Dealer tomorrow to see if he still has my former car; and if so, am going to pay to get it fixed - will have receipt. Gave dealer all maintenance receipts along with the original purchase receipt. Hopefully he still has them. Really regretting decision to leave the car at the dealership because it has been such a great car! Will provide pictures of inside and outside."

Best car I've ever owned

By on Monday, February 16, 2015

Pros: "Fuel efficiency, reliability, comfortable"

Cons: "Road and wind noise could be better"

"I purchased this car CPO in April 2007 with 40,000 miles on the odometer. I now have 247,000 worry free miles on the car. Not a single major issue. Regular oil changes every 5,000 miles. 30k, 60k, 90k services done on time. Replaced original starter and alternator in 2013. Gets 31-33 MPG on the highway. I have driven the car from So Cal to Colorado Springs (1200 miles each way) and would not be worried to do it again. The 4-cyl engine has pep, even with all those miles. No transmission problems (from my understanding, most of the transmission issues were with the V6). It's not the fastest car I've ever owned, or the sportiest. But it blends fun, practicality, and reliability into a great little package that seats 4 adults comfortably on a jaunt around town or a 400 mile road trip."

Over 300,000 miles and still going strong

By on Thursday, February 12, 2015

"Very good pickup despite being a 4 cylinder auto. Very good mileage."

Most reliable, comfortable, great performer

By on Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Cons: "The elongated front takes a little to get used to"

"I have owned my Honda Accord 6 Cyl 4 door for 8 years. I have never had any problems with it. No rough starts, no issues when its very cold or very hot. Always dependable, reliable, and fun to drive."