1. Rear brakes worn out at 20,000 miles. Faulty build. Replaced rear rotors and pads, installed them correctly and no further problems. (Car built in USA).
2. Drivers power window component broke.
3. Lots of wind noise. This is a decked out Honda Accord with all the bells and whistles. For all that, still lots of wind noise at highway speeds. I expected better.
4. One front speaker was defective from the factory.
5. Gear selector is on the "on the floor" between front seats where it manages to be constantly in the way of everything. Stupid location and all for looks.
1. Engine after 7 years and with a 120,000 miles still as dependable and powerful as when new. V6 power is there if you need it. Moves right smartly off the line or when passing.
2. Body still solid and all the electronics (heated seats, power roof, radio, etc) are still functional."
Cons: "Intermittent electrical problems. Engine blows up on occation."
Likely to recommend this car? (1-10): 1
"I have owned cars from every manufacturer and this has been by far, the least reliable. 9 months ago, with 55,000 miles on it - and religious oil changes - a bad coil misfired to the point where the spark plug head blew apart and damaged the cylinder itself, along with melting the threads to the cylinder head. A local import repair shop pulled the heads and repaired the damage.
Now last week, when crusing down the highway @ 65mph , a loud explosion/blown engine/ puddle of oil on the ground.
I am now stuck with another expensive repair to a car that was supposed to be reliable."
"this is my second Accord! my first was rock solid and was relieble until i sold it with 118,000 miles. So, i decided to buy a new 2004 EX-L . After 3 years and 120,000 miles I have had to put in over $4000!! The electrical problems i have had with this model has absolutely unacceptable, new headlights foglights and relays. Now the lighting for the radio headunit burned out and the dealer quoted me a cost of $1000 to replace it! I've also had problems with the Cd-player and the drivers seat. A pricey disappointment!"