2003 Honda Accord

Based on 2205 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

Super reliable! Everything I need and want.

By on Sunday, November 13, 2011

Pros: "Price, drivability, reliability, styling"

Cons: "None!"

"I have had my '06 since it was brand new, and it has always run perfectly with no problems. It still has great power and a smooth drive. I plan to run it into the ground! I even love the body, and I still feel super cool and comfortable inside of it. I get compliments and questions about it all the time. I think the value can not be beat."

Great car fpr the price.

By on Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pros: "fun and easy to drive, great MPG's."

Cons: "Price for parts"

"I paid 13400 for this car in April of this year, estimated 34MPG fast, holds the road entering and exiting turns, the 5 speed manual transmission is a blast. the only down fall to this car is that there are not a lot of places besides dealerships that sale parts for this car even though it is a 2006 model for the DITY maintenance up keep."

best value for a sedan

By on Wednesday, July 28, 2010

"This has by far been the best car I have ever owned. I now have 250K miles on it and have every intention of driving it till the wheels fall off of it. I keep up with the maintainance and kept all fulids changed. There really is only one major design flaw: The front end has an opening for the car to breath and if you travel on the highway a lot you will be prone to bust your condenser from road debris. I had to replace mine once. Since then I bought a billet grill to keep debris from getting to my condenser and causing the car's AC not to work. Other then that its a great value and great overall car. Would buy again!"

07 Honda Accord EX V6 with Nav

By on Wednesday, October 7, 2009

"This car was my first new car. It's got plenty of horsepower and a very smooth ride. The cabin noise is quiet, though not as quiet as a BMW or Benz (price tag). The trim is great, mine comes with gray leather and a matching black/gray interior. Plenty of legroom for a mid-size sedan and the voice activated nav is icing on the cake. Although there's no shift gate, you could have a lot of fun starting from 2nd gear and shifting up at excess of 6,000rpms to rev things up. The sound system is a tad lacking without a sub but it puts out decent bass and the highs are awesome. Six disc CD changer without mp3 is a little 90s, but the Accord makes up for this in other ways, namely reliability and resale value. I've had no mechanical problems with the car other than a few things loose in the interior trim (sun visor screw loose and wire rubbing against wire in the dashboard) but Honda quickly fixed this under warranty. It's also very fuel efficient for a V6 with nearly 250hp and over 200lb of torque. I average 24.6mpg combined with cruise control using 87 octane. The LED rear taillights make this car look up to date. Honda cars typically have long lasting stylings. The 17" rims are also a nice feature, though the width of the wheels/tires leave a few inches to be desired. All in all a great car--my three years with it has still left the car worth just over $21,000. The math comes out to $3,000 a year in depreciation for the first two years--less than $300 per month for a nice near-luxury sedan with V6 and nice VSA traction control for great handling."

Great car, but a major problem

By on Monday, July 13, 2009

"Bought this car new in 2003, the best thing I ever did. I love this car! The handling is amazing, the power is perfect and it's easy on gas! The interior is quality and I never had a problem with anything, just did normal maintainance. There was a recall on transmission a few years ago and I had mine checked at the dealer. They said mine was fine and they installed a cooler on second gear to prevent the problems. They told me the transmissions had a problem but if I took good care of it, it would be fine. I changed the tranny fluid and had it flushed at all recommended times. June of 2009 I started feeling a skip around second gear. The problem continued and I began to get concerned. After only a little research online I learned that many people were having the same problems with the 2003 V6 models. The solution... new transmission. I took mine to the dealer the other day and got the bad news, needs a whole new trans. I'm fighting Honda to pay for it because this is a real problem. This car needs a full recall on the transmission. I feel horrible because I honestly love this car, it's a dream. It's hard to accept the truth but I guess no vehicle is perfect. Just wanted to let everyone know, watch the transmissions on the 2003 V6 Accords."