2003 Honda Accord

Based on 2151 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

Best car ever owned

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "Engine, transmission, gas mileage, comfort"

Cons: "brakes are not as crisp as they could be"

"Bought this car when my commute increased to 60 miles per day. Most of that is highway. Have averaged 32 mpg overall every year. Best tank ever, on a long trip, delivered 37.7 mpg. Easily the best engine/transmission of any car I've ever owned. Somewhat boring on handling, but very predictable. Overall ride and cabin comfort very nice. I do my own oil, air filter, wiper blade changes and rotate the tires every 5000 miles. I took it in for its first service at 120k to have all four brakes overhauled, serpentine belt, radiator hoses, battery"

I like the car in spite of some faults.

By on Monday, August 27, 2012

Pros: "Dependable, good driver."

Cons: "Lots of wind noise."

"CONS: 1. Rear brakes worn out at 20,000 miles. Faulty build. Replaced rear rotors and pads, installed them correctly and no further problems. (Car built in USA). 2. Drivers power window component broke. 3. Lots of wind noise. This is a decked out Honda Accord with all the bells and whistles. For all that, still lots of wind noise at highway speeds. I expected better. 4. One front speaker was defective from the factory. 5. Gear selector is on the "on the floor" between front seats where it manages to be constantly in the way of everything. Stupid location and all for looks. PROS: 1. Engine after 7 years and with a 120,000 miles still as dependable and powerful as when new. V6 power is there if you need it. Moves right smartly off the line or when passing. 2. Body still solid and all the electronics (heated seats, power roof, radio, etc) are still functional."

Outstanding Sedan

By on Monday, October 22, 2012

Pros: "Owned 20 cars, my Accord is outstanding"

Cons: "Hard to be critical of an Accord"

"My wife and I have owned this Accord in Ohio, Alberta, and Texas. We have driven the car in Canada in the winter, Texas in the summer, and the Rocky Mountains in all four seasons. Pros: 1. Extremely reliable, very few problems. 2. Very high quality overall design. 3. I like the 4 cylinder handling better than the 6. 4. 4 cylinder engine/tranmission gives good acceleration and averages 28 MPG. 5. Smooth and quiet at 120 mph. 6. Great handling for a family sedan. 7. Comfortable seats for four adults on long trips. 8. Elegant interior, well designed, well constructed. 9. Still quiet at 100,000 miles. 10. Clear instrumentation. 11. AM/FM/CD/XM audio system works well and sounds great. Cons: 1. Underbody started to rust when we were living in northern Ohio and Alberta with the salt and other chemicals on the winter roads. 2. Center stack electronics package failed at 70,000 miles, cost to replace around $1800+. Covered under extra cost extended warranty. 3. Driver's leather seat cover worn out at 95,000 miles, replacement cover very expensive."

99K and going strong

By on Saturday, November 24, 2007

"I drove this car (2003 EX-V6L) as a company vehicle for 3 years and then purchased it from my company and let my son take it to college in Minnesota for a year-and-a-half. He graduated in August 2007 and now it is back in St. Louis. This was my first Accord and is the best car I have ever owned. I now drive a 2006 EXL. The only thing that has gone wrong with the '03 is about a year ago the radio light burned out which required replacement of the entire radio. The car then had about 93,000 miles on it and my local Honda dealer called their Honda rep, who agreed to have it replaced at no cost to us. Car now has about 99,000 miles on it and is still running well. The '03 V6 gets 30-32 highway mpg and my '06 gets between 34 and 42 highway mpg (MUCH BETTER THAN RATED). Needless to say, we're very pleased with both vehicles."

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "great on gas, sporty without the high cost, durabl"

Cons: "the key is very cheaply made and falls apart,"

Front of the Accord

"This is actually my husbands car, I own a truck however this is a great car. We have had it about a year and its great on gas, looks awesome. You get the sporty look without the high cost. The only downfall I have is how tiny it is however compared to other coupes the accord is rather spacey so over all this is a great car for anyone. There is one more thing the keys are made very cheaply, the key with the buttons has fallen apart three times, we finally stopped buying them and just purchased a vallet key since this has no buttons or plastic on it."

Front of the Accord