2003 Honda Accord

Based on 2066 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

Best Car I've ever owned

By on Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, comfortable, responsive, cool ride"

"My Honda Accord EX V6 Coupe is the best car I've ever owned. For 10 of 11 years it was reliable, great to drive and park, pretty good on gas for a 6 and she was beautiful. I took it on many trips as well as using it as the "mom taxi". At one point until High School I fit 3 kids in the back. When my daughter went to college she used it for 3 entire years but its been back to me the last year as she is now living in the city. The car never broke down. I have had all the maintenance performed on schedule so that may have contributed but I just think I would up with a gem. Other than a recall item this car has never needed to be in the shop. Its year 11 of ownership and the clear coat has been rapidly chipping off so she is no longer a beauty. But her engine is still in tip top condition and the only reason I am considering getting rid of her is I have no need for a second car. I bet after having it repainted the next owner would get another 200k miles out of it."

Purchased new in 2006 and have had no issues

By on Monday, October 13, 2014

Pros: "Reliability, Safety, Comfort, Convenience, Quiet"

Cons: "Not overly exciting, brakes are average"

"The best Honda I've owned (out of 4 I've purchased new over the years). Have had no problems for the 140K miles and it still runs near new. Reliability, Comfort, Safety, Convenience are top notch in this class of vehicle. Just do the usual maintenance and keep it rolling!"

A very compact comfortable best vehicle ever

By on Friday, October 10, 2014

Pros: "Great price for a reliable, comfortable car"

"This vehicle is very reliable and takes you anywhere trouble free. The engine runs smoothly and quietly as it was when I purchased it 10 years ago. If you are looking for a comfortable, and very reliable car, buy a Honda Accord today. My secret for a trouble free, reliable car is Honda brand, and following manufacturer's maintenance schedules."

197,000 Miles and Still Runs Like New

By on Monday, October 06, 2014

Pros: "Extremely reliable, great quality, good mileage."

Cons: "Not much fun to drive"

"I previously had a Honda Civic with 150,000 miles that ran like new until it was rear ended. In 2006, I replaced it with a new four cylinder Honda Accord EX-L sedan and it was one of the best decisions I've made. I now have 197,000 miles and it still runs like new with almost no repairs. After I had about 90,000 miles I had to replace a sensor and recently replaced the windshield wiper link. Other than that, I have only had regular maintenance. Decent gas mileage and I just change the oil, gas it up, and just drive. The leather driver's seat did rip on me at about 70,000 miles, but I may have caused it because of something sticking out of my back pocket. I am thinking of giving it to my teenage son and getting another Accord."

Reliable Honda

By on Monday, September 29, 2014

"Of the cars I have owned, Hondas have been most reliable. They have required less maintenance. The mpg is decent."

Great vehicle, minor little complaints.

By on Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Pros: "Economical, fun to drive, luggage space."

Cons: "electrical bugs, handling on icy roads"

"Reliable car but some electronics have given problems. Electronic door locks failed on driver door, without driver door operating, key FOB is useless. Intermittent seatbelt light comes on when no one else is in the car. Lights brighten intermittently, due to what I have been told is the charging relay kicking in and out during normal operation. Other than the electrical issues, car is very good. Worst fuel mileage was probably 29 mpg, best was probably 32, so very consistent. Car is comforable and fairly sporty, however, it does feel light in the front end while driveing on icy roads."

Excellent car for reliability and comfort!

By on Sunday, September 21, 2014

"I have been been the only owner of my 2005 Honda Accord LX and bought it new. Maintenance has been regular and I believe if you take care of this car, it will take care of you. I would recommend one thing to those who will need to replace tires at some point. I had Michelin tires originally and then replaced with "lesser" brand. Really do believe that the quality of tires may make a huge difference in the amount of sound in the cabin. It seems considerably noisier now. My next round of tires will be Michelin again! Excellent car - this is my 4th Honda car. 3 ACURAS and 1 Honda Accord. I will probably never own anything but these line of products!!!"

2004 Honda Accord V6 HAS transmission issues!

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pros: "Good pick up handles well engine runs great."

Cons: "V6 Transmission defects, V6 Timing belt too."

"Two years ago we purchased a used 2004 Honda Accord v6 based on reviews from this website. The car had under 70,000 miles and was well taken care of having service records to prove it. I read the car had FANTASTIC reliability and it looked great so we purchased it. I was unaware that the V6 model had issues while the four cylinder had great ratings. Unfortunately when people rate the car both ratings become one and the four cylinder version is fantastic. Long story short car was never abused my wife drives it with the kids and drives like a little old lady. She broke down on the highway with three kids in the back. No warning car engine became disengaged with engine revving but no motion like car was in neutral. Motor totally disengaged from the wheels. I would recommend everyone stay away from the v6. Because of this experience I will never buy another Honda. I know most Accords are fantastic but this experience has left a bad taste in my mouth. The v6 rebuilt transmission cost $3500 to replace. Also, the v6 has a timing belt instead of a chain another $800 charge on top of the transmission. - Ouch."

I like this car a lot

By on Tuesday, September 16, 2014

"I've had this car for 5 years. I've had no trouble with it what so ever. It is reliable and gets great gas mileage. It has a large interior, and is comfortable."

Love this car!

By on Monday, September 15, 2014

Pros: "Handling, functionality, reliability."

Cons: "No MP3 connection"

"The SE-V6 package makes this car handle like an Acura. Very smooth, nice stereo with 5-CD changer. Plenty of room front seat and back. Radio controls on the steering wheel come in real handy. The intermittent wipers slow down with the car. Little things but very useful. I don't even want a new car. I love this one so much I want to keep it running forever."