2002 Honda Accord

Based on 1695 Ratings for the 1998 - 2002 models.

This is the best car I have ever owned!!

By on Saturday, October 20, 2012

Pros: "Very powerful, classy, solid car"

"I have had this car for the past 100,000 miles and it is truly the most reliable car. I recommend this car with this v6 motor to anyone that is looking for a car to drive for a long time. I think they will last forever! It would be great for a student."

This car just works

By on Sunday, November 22, 2015

Pros: "Reliable, drives well"

"I have owned this car for 14 years. I bought a Honda Civic recently and realized how good my old Accord is. The spacing in the vehicle is too good. Reliability is awesome. I now feel I should have stuck with my accord even tho it was 14 years old. Note i have always kept up with the maintenance regularly. Thats all you need for this reliable car."

2002 Transmission Problem

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pros: "Excellent handling/speed/fun to drive"

Cons: "2002 Transmission issues"

"I am told that the transmissions in the Honda 2002 era are problematic. My 2002 Honda Ex Accord V6 is great in every other way and I have enjoyed owning it. I would give it a much higher rating if the transmission were not going out. The tranny began slipping about 18 months ago, but I am still driving it. The slipping is limited to just the time between 1st & 2nd gear or when I slow down and almost stop, but need to speed back up again (ie: stopping for a red light that turns green before I come to a complete stop). I have put about 10k miles on it since I first noticed the problem and took it to a transmission shop for an opinion. It is still very drivable if driven softly. I think it will last another year, but will replace it before that time is up. I already have a new owner lined-up (family member/gift) and he is fully aware of the transmission problem but knows that the gifted car is well worth the upcoming repair costs."

Great Car !Saved my life

By on Thursday, August 15, 2013

"Was hit the on the driver passanger door & rear by a flat bed tractor trailor truck twice & crossed 3 lanes of trafic & hit guard rail. Only bruces. Insurance would not total it so we had it fixed & I'm still driving it 10 years later. Drives just as good as it did new. Had bought for 5 star safty & v6. Both have paid off. Drives Great ! Planning on keeping it until it falls apart. So far only regular maitance required. No major work done at all. I still enjoy driving it! Drive it everywhere I go. I had no idea that I would still love it after this many years."

Awesome car - 300,000 miles on it and still going

By on Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Pros: "Great value, long lasting"

"I love this car and wish Honda made the Accord in this style again. It is the most relible car I ever owned. Still driving it back and forth to work daily."