2002 Honda Accord

Based on 1619 Ratings for the 1998 - 2002 models.

Not worth it

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

"I bought this car from someone I trusted through family, at over blue book value. This car has major transmission issues, I can barely go across town and back without it jumping. It also wont smog, and now needs a new timing belt and I have only had it for about a year. I am having to put all my money in it when I have already bought it for more than it was worth. Mechanics have told me that in especially this model and year, the cars have major transmission issues. The AC has been tested and there is nothing wrong with it but it does not cool good at all (I still am sweating even on full blast sometimes). Physically, it is not bad but wouldnt recommend to anyone else unless they check it over carefully before buying. Paid over 3000 for it and very dissapointed it has so many issues."

Reliable once I put a 98 accord engine in it...

By on Monday, August 04, 2014

Pros: "Works great with "new" engine."

Cons: "Too many mechanical issues"

"I bought my car used in 2008 and by June 2009, my 2002 honda accord required a new engine. Leading up to this issue, my car would CONSTANTLY burn through oil. Every few weeks, my oil light would come on. Eventually 2 of my pistons were shot and my car would barely stay running. Thousands of dollars later, I have a '98 engine with 12k less miles on it than my current one. My dad's 2003 accord that he bought brand new went through the same issue w/in 6 months of mine. Not sure if these 2 years ended up with a lot of lemons, but my research indicates that MANY people had this problem. I've also had consistent rotor, bearing, strut, and ball-joint issues. Feels like I've worked on my car at least once every 2 months as long as I've had it. If I could own a decent 1999 civic again, I would. My final recommendation? If you really want a honda, stick with civics & avoid accords."

Great auto

By on Sunday, August 03, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "No cons.....just an older model of a very nice car"

"Has no problems. New brakes. New tires. Runs excellent. Very nice on long trips."

Great car.

By on Sunday, August 03, 2014

Pros: "Great and a very enjoyable to drive."

"This is the best Honda I have ever owned. By the way I have owned 2 Honda CRV'S over the past several years and they are great as well."

Great car

By on Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Pros: "great car"

"I bought this car new never any problems. Other than normal maitanince brakes, hoses, belts,timing belt water pump, tires ect.I replaced 1 head light & the oxygen sensor.They don't make them this good any more. Mostly highway miles & changed the oil every 5,000 mi. This car might last another 180,000."