2001 Honda Accord

Based on 1665 Ratings for the 1998 - 2002 models.

great car!!

By on Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Pros: "very economical to drive!"

Cons: "Back seat isn't comfortable on long trips."

"Great practical car! Routine maintainence and minor repairs are all I've had to do. I bought it new in 2000 and drive it daily. A great car for the money! Good gas mileage too!"

great car for value; extremely dependable

By on Monday, November 28, 2011

Pros: "handles great; accelerates well; low maint."

Cons: "a few scrapes; needs brakes"

"gave me lots of good service at low maintenance cost. Should run ok for next 75,000 miles; only 2 sets of brakes in car's lifetime"

132000-199000 miles in 2 years and no mech issues!

By on Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pros: "Holds it's value and is extremely dependable car!"

Cons: "None!"

"Bought a 1998 honda accord ex with 132000 miles on it to commute to work (150m a day) in 2009. 2 years and 70000 miles later - I'm a believer! All I did was regular oil changes (Valvoline) and regular maintenance (timing belt when mileage recommended it). Other than that I have only replaced brakes/rotors - normal wear tear items. Car runs great! Unbelievable! Everthing interior wise still operates perfectly also. Moonroof, AC/Heat, power seats, interior lights, etc. Still averages 29mpg hwy. I don't think I will ever get rid of this car!"

My 3rd Accord since age 15, LOVE THEM!

By on Sunday, December 27, 2009

"There is one guy on here who keeps leaving bad reviews for this car, you know it's him, because he can't spell (the same words.) It is true there were some re-calls on these trannys. But not ALL of them are bad. And we all know, if you routinely maintenance your honda they will run FOREVER. (EX: change oil like your supposed to) My 01 Accord I bought in April, got home to realize mine did have a faulty tranny. Took to Honda dealership, sure enough, it was going bad. Called guy I bought from, he found warranty, had went out 3 weeks before selling to me. Thought I was just totally screwed. My uncle has an import shop and told me to call Honda headquarters because they care about their customers. Happy to report Honda put in a BRAND NEW tranny just to keep me happy with their products. If that isn't a company who cares about their customers, I don't know what is. My car runs like a dream (like all my hondas have) and for the way they treated me, I will ALWAYS stand behind Honda. ALWAYS. You can't go wrong with a Honda!!! -Shelly from Tulsa"

By on Thursday, August 13, 2009

"The engines in these cars are almost bulletproof, although the transmissions are fragile I've owned my 99 accord for about 5 years now and i'm on my 2nd tranny"

Outstanding V-6 Model

By on Thursday, March 12, 2009

"I bought this car V-6 model new in 1998 and have never had anything go wrong with it. It still looks new and performs as a new car. I can't imagine selling it. My previoius car was a Honda Civic that I owned for 15 years and sold it only because I wanted air bags and air conditioning. I sold that car with more than 220,000 miles on it, and nothing was wrong with it. Hondas are great."

Gotta love Accords

By on Saturday, February 07, 2009

"I'm a auto technician who worked on GM's but bought Honda's for their turn key reliablity. I bought my 1998 Accord last year with 114k I replaced the plugs just for maintenance it was running okay but the plugs were completely worn out I don't get it. The rear quarter panels are rusted through which is a common issue but doesn't effect how it drives. Converters are a common issue with high miles. I have the original belts on with 127k and my friend has close to 140k with original belts including the timing belt. Don't sweat the belts unless the overall car looks like it was unmaintained, don't drive like a knob either. You should get them replaced when you have the money though as replacement of the valvetrain will cost a lot more than changing the belts and the water pump which is driven off the timing belt. I have had four Honda's and loved them all best of all they all sold for more than what I paid."

Good car for light travel

By on Friday, December 05, 2008

"A 2002 honda accord was my first car I purchased on my own. I did not know a lot about honda at the time but read how it was a reliable brand as well as higher mpg. The car gets decent mileage at around high 20s to low 30s in the city and mid 30s on highway travel. I have only had to replace a few things (timing belt at 80k miles which can be expensive and something I wish I knew about these cars before I purchased it) and the normal wear and tear of wiper blades, tires etc. No really significant problems My only qualm with this car was it was not comfortable to drive in long distances. I live in des moines and would frequently visit Chicago which is some 300 miles away. My neck and back would usually be sore because the seat really doesn't do a good job keeping the driver positioned behind the wheel. I have never had any breakdowns, stalls or any other major problems. I was also sure to take good care of it with regular mainenance of oil changes every 5,000 miles and keeping the body clean. My car had a 4 cylinder engine but I was still impressed with its pick up. The accord is small so its easy to zip around traffic on the highway, but has enough horse power where if I were to go for that quick burst of speed, it was there. I really don't care about "style" on a car. It looks pretty standard, but if I wanted a flashy car I would have bought a mustang or something similar. Of the options on this car, I would opt for leather again for the comfort but would skip on the moonroof which was noisy and I rarely used it. Overall, I would buy another honda just for the sake of mind that I know my car will start when I need it to. I have seen many of my friends buy cars like saturns, focuses and sebrings and seen them deteriorate rather quickly."

another great Honda!

By on Wednesday, December 26, 2007

"This was the top-of-the-line accord when I got it. I commuted in this car for almost 8 yaers now. The power was & is still present, the milage also terrific (I got 420mi to a tank). It had a few more minor electrical quirks than previous accords I owned such as passenger airbag, shifter & headlight going out early. I attributed this to being a more complicated car than other Hondas put out at the time. It has been ultra-reliable as my hectic schedule did not allow but for the bare minimum required maintenance and a car wash monthly. It is largely responsible for me being able to keep that schedule. It only let me down once when the alternator died @90K - something that never happened to my Hondas before. I cannot stress enough the reliability of this car given the minimum maintenance I gave it. The seats must recieve a compliment too; since I sat in them an average of 1.5 hrs/day: they were soft & plush & never gave me a lower back ache. Luxery was less than its european counterparts but again reliability was a level not attainable by any other make except Toyota!"

None Better

By on Wednesday, September 12, 2007

"Regardless of price, I can't think of any other moniker which surpasses this vehicle for value, reliability, comfort, durability, style, servicability, and resale value - this Accord has it all! I'm atill pleased that, with a V6 and auto tranny, and a 'mid-size' (3,500 lb. +) configuration, that in 'real-world' (overall) driving, I'm getting between 23 and 25 mpg - and as high as 32 mpg on the highway. The 3.0 V6 is pure pleasure - gobs of power to spare (floor the pedal, and the front tires will 'spin', and as the tach approaches 'redline', there's a low but pleasant 'growl' of 'authority' as VTEC 'kick in' and you pass everything else!), incredibly smooth, tranny shifts are barely detectable (it is, after all, an Acura-based engine). Typically Honda, everything has that 'just right' look and feel - and exhumes 'quality' with every touch, feel, and sound. Finest vehicle around for ergonomically correct controls and placement. This is my fourth Accord ('86 LXi hatchback was the first) and I'm sold for life on Honda! After 168,000 miles, all works as if the day it was new, and I've spent less than $1,500 in maintenance/repairs. Highly reccomend this nameplate to anyone - regardless of price class. Maintain it properly, and it won't 'break'!"

Nice car

By on Saturday, July 14, 2007

"This car handles well and honda makes the most reliable car on the market. I bought my car new and have never had anything wrong with it. I would never buy anything but a honda. I get 32mpg highway with the car...it's incredible"

Fantastic vehicle

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"I bought this vehicle in April of 2006 and since then I have put 30,000+ miles on it. I have never had any problems with it. Very dependable. It really does keep its value. It is a very very smooth ride. I have the V6 Vtech so it is really quick and zippy. About 23 miles to the gallon. not the best but it's worth it. i highly recommend this vehicle to anyone. It is a comfortable ride and great for long trips as well."

15 years of reliabilty

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, reliable, affordable, low maintenance"

Cons: "Oil filter a little hard to get to"

"Still has original rear brakes, muffler. Car has never failed to start, except when battery failed. Changed, all 4, motor mounts (only one was bad) at about 160,000 mi. Only routine maintenance (Timing belt/water pump @100,000 mi.) Rates as good as my previous 1990 Camry (244,000 mi) and present Altima (47,000 mi). I will keep Accord as backup car. It is worth way more than its $2700 value."

Love this car - a Honda man henceforth!

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

Pros: "Price, fun ride, reliability and CHEAP to maintain"

Cons: "PAINT IS BAD"

"Bought at 150k from a dealer neighbor. He gave me a spectacular deal ($3k). The paint of course, was not good, having been stored outside. All I've ever had to do to this car in 2 years was spend $50 and 8 hours on matching spray paint, got a set of 40k tires, changed the oil every 3k miles, except now I'm on synthetic 5w-20, flushed the radiator, changed the cap, changed the cabin air filter, got a new air filter, did the plugs and wires and PCV, bought a new battery... all that normal maintenance. NEVER EVER have I had any trouble with it whatsoever. Except I did have a broken front engine mount (a $13 part and 3 hours personal hardship for a job the dealer wanted $280 for). Not knowing exactly the maintenance that had been done at the big intervals, and knowing I want my car to last me for 3 years during law school with no major problems, I just changed the valve cover gasket, water pump, timing belt, PS/ac belt, tensioners, etc etc. Basically everything that can be easily reached while doing the timing belt. This car is the most reliable, best deal I've ever encountered; I wouldn't take $4k for it now and will cry when I get my first job in a firm and have to give it up. Except for the paint, this car is a 10+."

Great Experience in all catagories

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pros: "Wonderful ride/dependable/great mileage"

"Great car -- I have done all the scheduled maintenance and had one $450.00 repair in 12 years, 28-30 miles per gallon, will get up and go when needed and not hard on tires."

Great Car!

By on Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pros: "Reliable"

Cons: "I wish I could fit three carseats in it."

"I have owned this car for 9 years and it has been the best car. It has never had any major issues and anything small, like a sensor, Honda has always replaced for FREE. I would highly recommend this car and Honda products. I am sad to sell it but I can't fit three car seats in the back."

Typical Honda!! Very reliable very dependable

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "Runs Great, looks great"

Cons: "could stand new paint but not necessary"

"I have owned 3 Honda Accords in the past. I can't afford them new so I keep purchasing a newer model every few years. I have now purchased one 3 years newer and looking to sell this one. It runs great and still looks good. few dings in the paint but it is a 16 yr old car that runs perfect."

Great first car

By on Saturday, December 21, 2013

Pros: "great on gas, reliable"

Cons: "aging"

"This was my first and only car. Usually a teenagers first car is not the best but this Honda got me everywhere! Only issues I had where my transmission which I didn't have to pay for to be replaced. The check engine light stays on constantly but I think that's more because the car is old. The heat and a/c work perfectly."

No car can compete with Honda

By on Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Pros: "reliable, dependable, efficient, durable, ..."

Cons: "There are no pros to my knowledge"

"I bought this car brand new about 13 years ago. It had a gas mileage of about 26-28 miles per gallon (city & highway combined) at that time. Today after 200 K miles of driving, its gas mileage is exactly the same and has never changed. When Honda built tho car, they used good quality components and state of the art engine. Even today after 13 years, it drives like a new car and I can not let it go; well, maybe i trade it with another Honda."

HONDA'S GREAT CARS RUN FOREVER IF YOU MAINTAIN

By on Thursday, September 19, 2013

Pros: "Stong engine, reliable"

Cons: "NONE"

"I purchased this car with 170,000 + miles on it. RIDESIDE GREAT STIll . STRONG ENGINE! SOLID CAR. Just change timing belt when advised, do high milage oil change and you are good to go. YOu can't go wrong with a Honda no matter what year it was built."

Still going strong

By on Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Pros: "great value, fun to drive, great gas mileage"

Cons: "road noise"

"We purchased this car one year used. It runs like a top and has cost us very little to run. It's stingy on gas, has only 2 little spots of rust, and even the cloth interior is holding up well. We finally had to replace the factory exhaust and shocks for it to pass inspection this year, but $800 over 14 years is still a fabulous value. It still handles well, and we feel very safe when riding in it. The only "issue" we have with it is road noise, but that is a common complaint among Honda vehicles in general. When we finally have to replace this vehicle, we will definitely replace with another Accord."

It's very reliable, comfortable , and very strong

By on Sunday, September 16, 2012

Pros: "Easy to drive and responds under any situations."

"in my opinion, this is one of the best cars ever made. for next versions, they should come with navigation system and back camera"

Love My Honda!

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2012

"I have owned 3 Hondas, a 79' Civic, 87' Accord and 99' Accord. all three have been great cars, they will run great as long as you keep up with the minimal regular maintaince. ( oil changes, filters, plugs ect...) the only thing that seems to happen after about 10 years is that the body tends to get rust. but this is not horrible just wear. the engine and mechanics of the care are still great! if you are looking for a reliable car with a great interior and great reliablity get a HONDA!"

GREAT Car

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "Power, quickness, comfort, fun to drive."

Cons: "None!"

"Acquired the vehicle used in 2007 with 43,000 on the odometer (used to be the grandparents mobile until they bought a new Accord)! Only 65,000 total mileage now. V6 has PLENTY of power, strong acceleration, and braking is good. The car handles well in snow, and even at 13 years old it still runs like a champ. Only minor repairs thus far (new battery, headlight bulbs, taillight bulb, and new brakes and rotors). Starting to get some rust on the drivers side rear quarter panel around the wheel well, and the way things are going, the engine is certainly going to outlive the car's body."

Can't let go of this car.

By on Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Pros: "Easy on gas before it was cool, fold down seats."

Cons: "Letting go."

"People amaze me when they speak of their own vehicle with words like “my car is falling apart” translation: they neglected the car and they get what they get. After 362 K great miles I was considering swapping out the Accord. Had even been looking around to see what’s out there. I feel like a kid on the High Dive with a friend, who’s gonna dive first (this situation it’s my wife) who’s gonna swap vehicles first. She has a 1997 Honda CRV with 340K on it. We know one of us is due to trade out vehicles somewhere in the future; both cars have been garaged, no snow / no salt / minimal dirt roads. Essentially they look and run great. So WHEN do you know it’s time to let go. Had a previous 1986 Honda Civic Si, and at 350K I gave it away to a friend that needed dependable transportation. That’s probably going to be the incentive here again, not out of need to get away from a “money pit” but to give someone else dependable transportation. I don’t forgo scheduled maintenance and don’t let little repair gripes pile up and ruin my driving experience, take care of them before they become an annoying issue. It’s funny that I feel guilty by “looking” at other cars. I washed her this evening after the sun went down, the best time, and eased her back into the garage where she will be ready to ferry me off to work tomorrow like the previous 14 seasons. So I’ll go ahead and conduct my research and file it away till that day comes and I know when it’ time. They only major bill on the car was a transmission replacement at 340K not a problem."