2001 Honda Accord

Based on 1674 Ratings for the 1998 - 2002 models.

Was Built to Run Forever

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

Pros: "dependable, good investment"

Cons: "only wish that I'd bought it new."

"Bought this used Accord 10 years. I've put 260,000 miles on it myself. Maintanance has consisted of brakes, battery, starter, alternator & timing belt/waterpump. Plan to get another 650,000 miles out of this workhouse of a car. When it finally is retired, I'll replace it with another Honda!"

Honda Accord EX V6

By on Monday, April 15, 2013

Pros: "Excellent ride, comfort and complete satisfaction"

"I purchased this car with 97000. It has been nothing but great. I used as a commuter car and have done nothing but maintenance and the car could do no wrong. I have added another 200,000 miles and the car still drives like a champ. Although showing its abel; I believe this car can make it to a half a million miles with the right mechanic behind the wheel. I would highly recommend the Honda Accord"

Just Keeps going

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "low maintenance, dependable, decent gas mileage"

Cons: "99-02 known for trans issues if not maint. prop."

"This car is low maintanence and very reliable. Only thing I have done to this car is regular routine maintence such as timing belts every 100k,transmission fluid every 30k, oil every 5k (synthetic) and belts. All same original parts. At almost 300k she still drives like new. Look foward to another 200k at least. I know some think thats crazy but after owning a 92 and selling at 450k miles and she is still running I know that this is very much possible with proper maintanence."

Pleasant to drive, bulletproof reliability

By on Friday, April 03, 2015

Pros: "Reliable, roomy, safe, a joy to drive, no rust yet"

Cons: "Noisy cabin on the highway, just okay gas mileage"

"Bought this car new in 2002, and have had no major problems with it. It is wonderful to drive, light and precise steering and great visibility all around. There is a real precision to this car's handling that you notice when you drive another car. Seamless automatic transmission. With the right tires it handles snow quite well. The only repair work I have had done (this does not include regular maintenance items such as brakes, tires, etc.) was the hood release (stretched cable), and a door handle (latch mechanism). I maintain it well and drive it easy. I'm 6'3", find the seats quite comfortable. Great highway car, effortless cruiser that tracks straight and true. Huge gas tank gives it about a 500 mile range. My gripes are minor, and they are road noise at speed (on less-than-perfect highways the cabin can be loud), and somewhat disappointing mileage. I do keep aggressive rubber on it, but my average mpg is 21-22 mpg in winter, and 22-24 in summer. Best I ever saw was 31 mpg on a road trip, just once in optimum conditions with somewhat worn tires. It's usually 26-28 mpg highway. That is close to the 23/30 EPA numbers I suppose but not up to the more modern models. I plan to keep this car a few more years. All three of my brothers have or have had Accords, and all have similar stories to tell. (The one that no longer has an Accord has a CRV.)"

Great, Quality vehicle.

By on Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, good price, quality OEM parts/fluids"

Cons: "Poor quality OEM Transmission fluid, loses value"

"To sum up, I love this car. It's fun to drive and very reliable. The engine still runs strong and pushes me back in my seat when I floor it. The transmission doesn't slip, stick, or hesitate. The power steering is smooth and responsive. The radiator and water pump does a fantastic job. I have yet to have any ignition issues. Honda uses quality parts and fluids in their accords. I have a few of the typical issues with my particular model. The manual climate control unit has a short and has failed, leaving me stuck with no control over the temperature. I'm putting in automatic climate control from a 2000 EX myself since it's more reliable and pretty awesome. The check engine light stays on for no reason. You can get a free scan from autozone if you want to be sure. I'm putting in a bluetooth OBDII reader in to connect with my laptop to fix this issue as well as monitor the state of my vehicle via the ECU. The only thing that Honda puts in their vehicles that isn't so quality are the Transmissions and transmission fluid. Like I said, I have the BAXA transmission and haven't had any issues, but I put in better ATF to take care of it. The only other issue is that this model of accord doesn't seem to keep it's value very well, despite it's reliability. As a side note, for those that give this or ANY car a bad review but are quite short, it's probably not worth taking their word. Most likely, they haven't taken care of their vehicle like they should, like not changing the transmission fluid, not rotating/balancing tires, not aligning, not changing spark plugs, putting in sub-par engine oil(quaker state or penzoil), riding a flat, or even having the foot on the brakes while pressing the gas. Some vehicles can be legitimate duds, but also keep in mind the user of the vehicle. In conclusion: If you find any Honda with a strong transmission, you've got yourself a good, quality vehicle."