2001 Honda Accord

Based on 1573 Ratings for the 1998 - 2002 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

reliable and fun to drive!

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage, power, reliable"

Cons: "motor mounts, disk changer"

"This was my first car, bought it used and have had it for over 3 years. Never had to do any major repairs, just up-keep work. This is a very reliable car. The drive is great, definitely hugs the road and has plenty of power! Even with a race car feel, the gas mileage is still good. There's only minor things I don't like about the vehicle: the 6-disk CD changer seems to always get jammed, don't like the button set up on steering wheel, motor mounts ware out fast, and I'm not a fan of two-door cars in general. But for 14 years old and over 200,000 miles, my car has treated me well!"

2002 Transmission Problem

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pros: "Excellent handling/speed/fun to drive"

Cons: "2002 Transmission issues"

"I am told that the transmissions in the Honda 2002 era are problematic. My 2002 Honda Ex Accord V6 is great in every other way and I have enjoyed owning it. I would give it a much higher rating if the transmission were not going out. The tranny began slipping about 18 months ago, but I am still driving it. The slipping is limited to just the time between 1st & 2nd gear or when I slow down and almost stop, but need to speed back up again (ie: stopping for a red light that turns green before I come to a complete stop). I have put about 10k miles on it since I first noticed the problem and took it to a transmission shop for an opinion. It is still very drivable if driven softly. I think it will last another year, but will replace it before that time is up. I already have a new owner lined-up (family member/gift) and he is fully aware of the transmission problem but knows that the gifted car is well worth the upcoming repair costs."

Great Experience in all catagories

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pros: "Wonderful ride/dependable/great mileage"

"Great car -- I have done all the scheduled maintenance and had one $450.00 repair in 12 years, 28-30 miles per gallon, will get up and go when needed and not hard on tires."

By on Saturday, March 15, 2014

Reason: new models came out for Honda and Toyota

Pros: "Reliable good gas mileage"

Cons: "exterior paint job"

"I brought this car at the auto auction in 99 or 00. The car ran great and got great gas mileage. No problems with the car, except I notice the exterior starting wearing away on hood and other areas of exterior wax paint job began eroding not sure why but notice on others as well, I guess I should have paid for a new paint job like my cousin did and she still has that car. Honda's roll forever."

Loooooongest lasting car ever for me

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Pros: "Quality, economical, enduring."

Cons: "Rust, seatbelts lock up in back."

"Although this car is 14-15 years old it STILL runs great. It has 140,000 miles. I looked on the internet and 2000 Honda Accords were running with 400,000 miles. That's amazing!! I have a couple issues, first was this winter, the bushings on the right (passenger) side started making the WORST noise ever!!! I was told it could be anywhere from $60.00 to $800.00 to fix. He also said that if I waited until it warmed up the noise would stop. We did have a couple of nice days here and there and the noise quieted. I also saw someone with a 2002 Honda Accord that had the same issue. My second and last issue...My poor car started rusting horribly...Out of nowhere. I do keep my car in the garage. I don't really have to drive it that often either. I do understand that it is an older car but it really popped out of nowhere."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25