2001 Honda Accord

Based on 1622 Ratings for the 1998 - 2002 models.

15 years of reliabilty

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, reliable, affordable, low maintenance"

Cons: "Oil filter a little hard to get to"

"Still has original rear brakes, muffler. Car has never failed to start, except when battery failed. Changed, all 4, motor mounts (only one was bad) at about 160,000 mi. Only routine maintenance (Timing belt/water pump @100,000 mi.) Rates as good as my previous 1990 Camry (244,000 mi) and present Altima (47,000 mi). I will keep Accord as backup car. It is worth way more than its $2700 value."

Ok it has 300000 miles on it by far the best car

By on Tuesday, August 19, 2014

"This car is the best I have ever owned. My first car was a 1951 ford just to give you some idea of how long I have been driving. This Honda is very reliable the tranny west out at 101K miles had it replaced about 10 years ago. Just maintenance since, the change oil every 3K and just try to maintain it. I bought a new 2012 ford certified fusion for my wife so far so good. I just purchased a 2013 Impala LTZ certified for myself want to keep and fix the old Honda bot we can't have 3 cars in a 2 person family. God I hate to see that car go but the time has come just hope the 2 new ones are half as good."

Great, reliable, comfortable, kept up car.

By on Monday, August 18, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage, roomy, and very reliable"

Cons: "I am not picky so I have no con's."

"This car has had 2 owners, my cousin and myself. Have all maintenance records from both of us. Very reliable as any car would be if you keep the them up. Oil changes done every 3,000 miles, belts changed, transmission flushed, new tires, and brakes where just put on back on 8-17-14, fronts done 3 months ago. Has a some scratches and a little ding on the back door driver side. I have have been very happy with this car. Need to upgrade into a more roomy vehicle."

Not worth it

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

"I bought this car from someone I trusted through family, at over blue book value. This car has major transmission issues, I can barely go across town and back without it jumping. It also wont smog, and now needs a new timing belt and I have only had it for about a year. I am having to put all my money in it when I have already bought it for more than it was worth. Mechanics have told me that in especially this model and year, the cars have major transmission issues. The AC has been tested and there is nothing wrong with it but it does not cool good at all (I still am sweating even on full blast sometimes). Physically, it is not bad but wouldnt recommend to anyone else unless they check it over carefully before buying. Paid over 3000 for it and very dissapointed it has so many issues."

Reliable once I put a 98 accord engine in it...

By on Monday, August 04, 2014

Pros: "Works great with "new" engine."

Cons: "Too many mechanical issues"

"I bought my car used in 2008 and by June 2009, my 2002 honda accord required a new engine. Leading up to this issue, my car would CONSTANTLY burn through oil. Every few weeks, my oil light would come on. Eventually 2 of my pistons were shot and my car would barely stay running. Thousands of dollars later, I have a '98 engine with 12k less miles on it than my current one. My dad's 2003 accord that he bought brand new went through the same issue w/in 6 months of mine. Not sure if these 2 years ended up with a lot of lemons, but my research indicates that MANY people had this problem. I've also had consistent rotor, bearing, strut, and ball-joint issues. Feels like I've worked on my car at least once every 2 months as long as I've had it. If I could own a decent 1999 civic again, I would. My final recommendation? If you really want a honda, stick with civics & avoid accords."