2001 Honda Accord

Based on 1649 Ratings for the 1998 - 2002 models.

Best vehicle I have owned.

By on Tuesday, May 05, 2015

Pros: "Great deal got it for an even 5k at 70k mileage."

Cons: "Worried about the transmission."

"Great V6 power, Comfortable seats, Cold AC, Handles well on the beach, in the snow and smooth driving in the city and highway. Only complaint is the transmission is starting to shift hard into 2nd gear. Automatic transmission of course. Other than that no complaints I keep up with my cars exterior and interior maintenance. Paint still shines and interior is holding up well."

Most reliable car I ever owned!

By on Saturday, April 18, 2015

"I've owned this car for 6yrs and only had to change the oil! I'm throwing a new timing belt on because I'm giving it to my granddaughter. It's so reliable and has never not started or left me stranded."

Have always loved this car, especially body style!

By on Tuesday, April 14, 2015

"I have had pretty good luck with this car. I did have a rebuilt engine put in when it was about 5 yrs. old, but I believe it was the fault of the last company which had did the last oil change on it. Other than that I have been very pleased with this car. I think I would give it a overall rating of a 9."

Lousy vehicle Honda Accord

By on Sunday, April 05, 2015

Pros: "Lousy vehicle Honda Accord"

Cons: "totally unrelaible"

"Numberous repairs. Car 'fell apart' at 100.000"

Pleasant to drive, bulletproof reliability

By on Friday, April 03, 2015

Pros: "Reliable, roomy, safe, a joy to drive, no rust yet"

Cons: "Noisy cabin on the highway, just okay gas mileage"

"Bought this car new in 2002, and have had no major problems with it. It is wonderful to drive, light and precise steering and great visibility all around. There is a real precision to this car's handling that you notice when you drive another car. Seamless automatic transmission. With the right tires it handles snow quite well. The only repair work I have had done (this does not include regular maintenance items such as brakes, tires, etc.) was the hood release (stretched cable), and a door handle (latch mechanism). I maintain it well and drive it easy. I'm 6'3", find the seats quite comfortable. Great highway car, effortless cruiser that tracks straight and true. Huge gas tank gives it about a 500 mile range. My gripes are minor, and they are road noise at speed (on less-than-perfect highways the cabin can be loud), and somewhat disappointing mileage. I do keep aggressive rubber on it, but my average mpg is 21-22 mpg in winter, and 22-24 in summer. Best I ever saw was 31 mpg on a road trip, just once in optimum conditions with somewhat worn tires. It's usually 26-28 mpg highway. That is close to the 23/30 EPA numbers I suppose but not up to the more modern models. I plan to keep this car a few more years. All three of my brothers have or have had Accords, and all have similar stories to tell. (The one that no longer has an Accord has a CRV.)"

Best car ever!

By on Thursday, April 02, 2015

"Got this car when I was in high school. Great to learn with and super reliable."

Excellent car

By on Friday, March 27, 2015

"Will buy another one when needed."

Great car. Reliable. Great size.

By on Monday, March 23, 2015

Pros: "Reliable, great to drive, great price."

Cons: "Only wish it could wash itself on the outside."

"The Accord is the best car we've owned. Reliable, comfortable, great pick up, comfy for road trips, not too big nor too small. Grandkids thought we had a rental car when we picked them up. Easy to get in but looking for something that makes it easier to get out of -- something sitting a little higher off the ground. Would recommend this car to anyone out there looking for a new vehicle. This is one car that doesn't spend a lot of time in the shop!"

I love this car!

By on Thursday, March 12, 2015

Pros: "Bullet proof drivetrain."

Cons: "Eats tires."

"200,000 miles in 14 years and the engine still purrs. Unbelievable."

MISS MY TOYOTA

By on Friday, February 27, 2015

Pros: "let's see.... NONE"

Cons: "too many to name uugghh!"

"I had to sell my Toyota truck that I drove for 11 years, was very sad and had to sell it quick due to the mechanics of the truck. Anyway, there wasn't anything I could find that I wanted to drive and didn't want the payments of something new. So I made the mistake of reading all of those (fake) great reviews about Honda. NEVER EVER, would I ever make the mistake of owning a Honda again. I've had this car for several of years. I bought a used 2002' Honda Coupe... looks good but that's it. First year I had it the paint all but flew off the car, so needed a paint job, and every time I turn around the car needs something else. Nothing is ever easy to replace and always has to be taken to the mechanic when it should be an easy fix at home job. Just last year I spent $1300 on the freakin car. Break that down it's a little over a $100 month... could have been better spent on a new car payment. Junk, I can't wait to get rid of this car. Good riddance is what I say. I drove my truck which was 15 yrs old when I sold it, for 11 yrs. Never a problem other than general maintenance. I don't abuse vehicles, I maintain them in and out. So they shouldn't fall apart so quickly."