2001 Honda Accord

Based on 1655 Ratings for the 1998 - 2002 models.

2002 EX - Super Solid Car

By on Saturday, January 05, 2008

"I have owned three Hondas, this being the third. The other two were a 1993 Accord LX and 2005 Civic VP. I still have the 05 Civic and miss the 93 Accord often. This is a 2002 Accord EX manual transmission with leather. I bought it used over a year ago with 102,000. Now it has 126,000 and it runs great and has had no problems. I usually put tons of work miles on, but I only had to replace brake pads and turn the rotors 6 months ago, otherwise only O&F. Starts in extreme cold easily (I live in Maine) & warms up quick. The only things I wish it had were heated seats and a little more spunk in the engine. I plan to keep this car for as long as it runs!"

Was Built to Run Forever

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

Pros: "dependable, good investment"

Cons: "only wish that I'd bought it new."

"Bought this used Accord 10 years. I've put 260,000 miles on it myself. Maintanance has consisted of brakes, battery, starter, alternator & timing belt/waterpump. Plan to get another 650,000 miles out of this workhouse of a car. When it finally is retired, I'll replace it with another Honda!"

I can not give 1 complaint about this car...

By on Saturday, March 02, 2013

Pros: "dependable, great on gas, smooth ride"

Cons: "roll down windows, no power, obvious for DX"

"I've owned this car for 10 years and I've never had a problem with it besides basic maintenance. I did have the transmission go on me, but it was my fault for not getting the transmission fluid checked, flushed, changed. Keep the maintenance on it up and it will last you a lifetime. Changed timing belt at about 90,000. Oil changes every 3,000. It did begin heating up on me, had to get some work on the cooling system done, but that was a $250 fix and thus far its back to normal. Will keep an eye on that since that was recently. If your handy with car or you keep up with the maintenance schedule on the Honda website (which I haven't really, wish I did) you will have a very reliable car. Never left me stranded in 10 years."

Most reliable car EVER!!!!

By on Tuesday, February 15, 2011

"If you are looking for a car around $5k this is the choice for ya. I have had my Accord for 11 years and have NEVER been broken down.. EVER!! I have owned several semi luxary cars ( RX8 2004 HORRIBLE!!) and a 2003 Jaguar both of which very expensive to fix, and I lost much more money on the resales. A lot of censors or ECM probs with the Jag and complete engine failure on the Mazda twice!!... but the Honda.... NOPE.. Keep the oil changed and gas in it and your good to go. For an everyday driver this car beats em all out with style, comfort, and affordable parts ( brakes, air filter ect. ) I paid 11k for the car over 10yrs ago and am selling it now for 5k.... so name any other car that you can put 100k miles on it over ten years and it only drops 5k in value... what a steal!! I would recommend this car to ANYONE and wont be worried about an unsatisfied buyer b/c I know you could jump in this car and drive accross the country with no problems... I know I have done it!!... So all in all I would give this car 2 thumbs up and an excellent rating. Thanks, Beth"

Honda Accord EX V6

By on Monday, April 15, 2013

Pros: "Excellent ride, comfort and complete satisfaction"

"I purchased this car with 97000. It has been nothing but great. I used as a commuter car and have done nothing but maintenance and the car could do no wrong. I have added another 200,000 miles and the car still drives like a champ. Although showing its abel; I believe this car can make it to a half a million miles with the right mechanic behind the wheel. I would highly recommend the Honda Accord"