2000 Honda Accord

Based on 1702 Ratings for the 1998 - 2002 models.

Great Car !Saved my life

By on Thursday, August 15, 2013

"Was hit the on the driver passanger door & rear by a flat bed tractor trailor truck twice & crossed 3 lanes of trafic & hit guard rail. Only bruces. Insurance would not total it so we had it fixed & I'm still driving it 10 years later. Drives just as good as it did new. Had bought for 5 star safty & v6. Both have paid off. Drives Great ! Planning on keeping it until it falls apart. So far only regular maitance required. No major work done at all. I still enjoy driving it! Drive it everywhere I go. I had no idea that I would still love it after this many years."

Awesome car - 300,000 miles on it and still going

By on Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Pros: "Great value, long lasting"

"I love this car and wish Honda made the Accord in this style again. It is the most relible car I ever owned. Still driving it back and forth to work daily."

Best car ever made in my opinion

By on Sunday, July 7, 2013

Pros: "Interior comfort, ease of use controls, mpg"

"I'm going to admit I used to be a Ford lover, have owned a countless number of Ford vehicles and now have moved onto my new obsession, Honda! The first time I drove the Accord is was like first class compared to my previous 97 Ford Escort wagon. I had to replace nearly every component on the Ford even though I took very very good care of it, it still rotted away. This Honda I bought with low miles and I know it'll last forever. It runs beautifully, the dealer I got it from serviced it and oiled the underneath because up here Salt is a very big problem, it only has a 1" surface bubble which I plan on sanding down and re-painting, (The right way). I just love the interior comfort, I'm a big guy 6'5" and the escort was ridiculously small but economical I drive a LOT so need a reliable car with great gas mileage, this one is almost 2 times larger than the Escort it seems and gets BETTER gas mileage, go HONDA!"

Not the best looker, but great value for the money

By on Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Reason: Wrecked and totalled car. I had to sell it for parts.

Pros: "Great price, great value, great steering"

"I would totally get another 99 Accord when I get another vehicle! If it wasn't for that crash I was in, I expected the car to last another few years and possibly a hundred more thousand miles! Granted, the car wasn't the best looker (I mean, it's not the newest, most techy thing out there), but on a tight budget, it has GREAT value for the money! The parts and mechanics for the car wasn't too bad either. If you keep this car well maintained, you will have a great car for many years!"

After 14 years, I want a frame-off restoration!

By on Tuesday, December 18, 2012

"Even after fourteen years I adore my base-model LX and mourn the fact that because of severe economic setbacks I am unable to indulge my restoration fantasy. Aside from a mysterious electrical problem which periodically drains the battery, this car has been completely reliable and has transported me hither and yon in comfort and (to my eyes at least) style. I wanted a well-engineered, high-quality car that was economical to own and operate, and the car has not disappointed. The dashboard is a text book example of inuitive design and easy-to-use controls, and despite being 6'3" I can sit upright in the rear seat. Amazing. The four-wheel double-wishbone suspension is a delight. As is the high-reving four-cylinder engine. My biggest criticism is the lack of low-end torque. And I would like a little less wind-noise at speed. I remain smitten with the combination of utility, economy, reliability, comfort and style this car has provided--even over an extended period of ownership."