2000 Honda Accord

Based on 1655 Ratings for the 1998 - 2002 models.

Great, Quality vehicle.

By on Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, good price, quality OEM parts/fluids"

Cons: "Poor quality OEM Transmission fluid, loses value"

"To sum up, I love this car. It's fun to drive and very reliable. The engine still runs strong and pushes me back in my seat when I floor it. The transmission doesn't slip, stick, or hesitate. The power steering is smooth and responsive. The radiator and water pump does a fantastic job. I have yet to have any ignition issues. Honda uses quality parts and fluids in their accords. I have a few of the typical issues with my particular model. The manual climate control unit has a short and has failed, leaving me stuck with no control over the temperature. I'm putting in automatic climate control from a 2000 EX myself since it's more reliable and pretty awesome. The check engine light stays on for no reason. You can get a free scan from autozone if you want to be sure. I'm putting in a bluetooth OBDII reader in to connect with my laptop to fix this issue as well as monitor the state of my vehicle via the ECU. The only thing that Honda puts in their vehicles that isn't so quality are the Transmissions and transmission fluid. Like I said, I have the BAXA transmission and haven't had any issues, but I put in better ATF to take care of it. The only other issue is that this model of accord doesn't seem to keep it's value very well, despite it's reliability. As a side note, for those that give this or ANY car a bad review but are quite short, it's probably not worth taking their word. Most likely, they haven't taken care of their vehicle like they should, like not changing the transmission fluid, not rotating/balancing tires, not aligning, not changing spark plugs, putting in sub-par engine oil(quaker state or penzoil), riding a flat, or even having the foot on the brakes while pressing the gas. Some vehicles can be legitimate duds, but also keep in mind the user of the vehicle. In conclusion: If you find any Honda with a strong transmission, you've got yourself a good, quality vehicle."

Extremely reliable

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"I've owned this car for almost 5 years and have not had any problems so far. I leased it for 4 years and then decided to buy it (not the recommended process) because it had been so reliable and I enjoyed driving it. I'm not a big car fanatic so reliability was key for me, as opposed to performance or style. I would absolutely recommend this car to anyone looking for peace of mind in their car, as well as a great value. I've got 62,000 miles right now and can't wait to drive another 100,000 more!"

Just a wonderful car, inside and out.

By on Thursday, January 24, 2013

Pros: "Value, fun to drive, great AC and heater"

Cons: "Road noise"

"Bought my 2000 Honda Accord EX, 4-cylinder, 5-speed manual transmission used in the year 2006 with approximately 130,000 miles. Price was ~ $4,000. This car got me through undergrad college, graduate school, and now I think I'll drive until my student loans are paid off. This car has been reliable, fun to drive, and safe. Today it has over 180,000 miles. Other than regular maintenance (brakes, tires, timing belt, etc., I have not had to make any repairs other than my clutch system. I've replaced the slave and master cylinder, and have installed a new clutch kit, all around 175,000 miles. I hope this baby gets another 175,000 miles."

This is the best car I have ever owned!!

By on Saturday, October 20, 2012

Pros: "Very powerful, classy, solid car"

"I have had this car for the past 100,000 miles and it is truly the most reliable car. I recommend this car with this v6 motor to anyone that is looking for a car to drive for a long time. I think they will last forever! It would be great for a student."

Great Car !!!

By on Thursday, August 25, 2011

Pros: "Nice to look at, sporty..."

Cons: "Wish it got better gas mileage."

"I am the second owner of this car, I drive it 150 miles a day from the coast to the valley. I live with a mechanic so the car is always maintained well. I wish it got better mileage, with the v6 is certainly can go the distance, and has the power when you need it. LOve all the options....leather and power everything."