1999 Honda Accord

Based on 1575 Ratings for the 1998 - 2002 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Happy Honda Owner

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "excellent quality/value for a reasonable price"

Cons: "somewhat difficult to access the back seat"

"My 2000 Honda Accord coupe has been the best car I have ever driven. From the moment I sat in the driver's seat, I have been impressed with it's comfort and driving ease. I appreciate the stylish body of the coupe. It's a fun car to drive, responsive when you need it to be. I have always felt safe in my Accord.The only reason I am selling this vehicle after 14 years of driving pleasure is that I need four doors now. I have grandchildren and would greatly appreciate an easier way of utilizing the back seat! It's a tight squeeze, especially for adults, to access the back seat, although comfortable once you sit down."

Best car I have ever owned

By on Thursday, March 20, 2014

Reason: Transmission died

Pros: "Quality vehicle, great interior set up, peppy"

Cons: "TRANSMISSION!"

"This was the best vehicle I've ever owned. I got to 233,000 miles before the transmission died and I gave it away. Needless to say junk yards want $1,000 plus for a new one and I had to let her go. I never had any engine issues ever with regular upkeep"

reliable and fun to drive!

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage, power, reliable"

Cons: "motor mounts, disk changer"

"This was my first car, bought it used and have had it for over 3 years. Never had to do any major repairs, just up-keep work. This is a very reliable car. The drive is great, definitely hugs the road and has plenty of power! Even with a race car feel, the gas mileage is still good. There's only minor things I don't like about the vehicle: the 6-disk CD changer seems to always get jammed, don't like the button set up on steering wheel, motor mounts ware out fast, and I'm not a fan of two-door cars in general. But for 14 years old and over 200,000 miles, my car has treated me well!"

2002 Transmission Problem

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pros: "Excellent handling/speed/fun to drive"

Cons: "2002 Transmission issues"

"I am told that the transmissions in the Honda 2002 era are problematic. My 2002 Honda Ex Accord V6 is great in every other way and I have enjoyed owning it. I would give it a much higher rating if the transmission were not going out. The tranny began slipping about 18 months ago, but I am still driving it. The slipping is limited to just the time between 1st & 2nd gear or when I slow down and almost stop, but need to speed back up again (ie: stopping for a red light that turns green before I come to a complete stop). I have put about 10k miles on it since I first noticed the problem and took it to a transmission shop for an opinion. It is still very drivable if driven softly. I think it will last another year, but will replace it before that time is up. I already have a new owner lined-up (family member/gift) and he is fully aware of the transmission problem but knows that the gifted car is well worth the upcoming repair costs."

Great Experience in all catagories

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pros: "Wonderful ride/dependable/great mileage"

"Great car -- I have done all the scheduled maintenance and had one $450.00 repair in 12 years, 28-30 miles per gallon, will get up and go when needed and not hard on tires."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25