1999 Honda Accord

Based on 1610 Ratings for the 1998 - 2002 models.

By on Friday, June 20, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, comfortable, great highway mileage"

"The 1998 Accord is a great car. Owned for 16 years and still a very road worthy vehicle."

Forget fancy racecars, this one kicks butt!

By on Friday, June 13, 2014

Pros: "driving, wearing well, miles and still going"

Cons: "transmission issues"

"I loved this car! Ive had it for almost 2 years now. I know it's older so I've had a lot of work done with it. New transmission, motor mounts, starter. Need a new CV axle now and a serpentine belt as well as the transmission going out again. The interior has held up well. And it's way too much fun to drive (and race) for my own good. Surprisingly that little engine can keep up with some of the more suited racecars. I'm pretty proud."

has been a very reliable vehicle

By on Friday, June 13, 2014

Pros: "great ride, very roomy"

Cons: "none in my opinion"

"I got what I wanted with the value package only wish it included cruise control.very comfortable ride and very reliable car.4 cylinder engine had ample power for the size of the car."

Love my lil Honda

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

"I've had this vehicle for 5 years and have literally only changed the only every three months. There has never been any issues with it. Its reliable, safe and comfortable. Unfortunately, our family has outgrown it and I need to upgrade to something a little roomier. I'm sad to see this car go."

Rust

By on Thursday, June 05, 2014

Pros: "Cheap transportation"

Cons: "Rust"

"Average reliability, ease of maintenance, drivability. Extremely prone to rust. Entire exhaust system fell off due to rust."

Love my car! Very reliable!

By on Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Pros: "Great car! Love it!"

"No major repairs. Comfortable, nice to drive. Attractive. Don't want to sell-just checking on value for insurance purposes. My only complaint is about the dash lights-can't see the clock at night. That's really my only complaint!"

Nice little "in between" car for us.

By on Tuesday, June 03, 2014

"This car was originally owned by one of my brothers-in-law. He gave this car to one of my other brothers-in-law, who needed a reliable car to take care of his aging mother and himself. We had both our vehicles taken away within 2 weeks of each other, blown engines, etc. The brother-in-law who still had this Honda, gave it to us so that we would have at least one reliable vehicle. And it is! He drove this car all the way from Florida to Pennsylvania to deliver it to us. We just bought a van (we are more van-like people). The only reason we are selling it is because there is no ome in need of it that we may pass it on to another within the family. But it is a really solid car!"

best vehicle ever!

By on Friday, May 30, 2014

"we just want newer"

Excellent car! Highly recommended!

By on Monday, May 26, 2014

Pros: "Powerful, quiet and smooth"

Cons: "Reports of transmission failures"

"Bought this car a few months ago. I was hesitant due to reviews about transmission problems in the 1998-2002 models. So far i have noticed a slight thump when shifting into second (after a lot of stop and go) but other than that it shifts smoothly. That's it for the negative points. The 200 hp V6 engine is excellent. It delivers more than enough power for overtaking and hills. It's very smooth and quiet. Visibility and driving position are excellent. Build quality is also very good. I would highly recommend this car. Change oil at regular intervals, install a transmission cooler and service regularly and i think this car will last a very long time."

LOVE this car

By on Saturday, May 24, 2014

Pros: "Low maintenance, reliable"

Cons: "None I can think of"

"Bought new and have kept up with basic maintenance such as oil changes, belt changes, brakes, tires, etc., and this 16-year old car runs like the day we bought it. Our mechanic says it is the best model year Accord ever made and he will keep it in great shape for us so we can drive it until the wheels fall off -- although I doubt they ever will...! Just had him check it over for us, change oil, check belts and brakes, etc., then took it on a 2700-mile trip across country, where it continued to run like the day we bought it. We got 25-26 mpg on the highway. It is plenty roomy and comfortable for two people to travel long distance in, but can seat 5 for around-town trips. With fold-down rear seats that open to the trunk, it is amazing what you can transport, if needed. Front-wheel drive handles great on snow and ice without snow tires as long as you don't drive like a fool. Offers 2 cup holders in front console, lighted visor mirrors, flip-down sunglass compartment, 3 programmable buttons for garage-door opener, variable position moonroof, leather seats, cruise control, etc. Sure, it would be great to have some extras offered on new cars, but we have not had a car payment in over 10 years!"