1999 Honda Accord

Based on 1669 Ratings for the 1998 - 2002 models.

I have owned it 140000 not a seconds trouble

By on Monday, March 25, 2013

Pros: "RELIABLE"

Cons: "They hold their value a LONG time."

"It has 281.000 on the clock and no trouble ever! I have put 2 timing kits in it and a starter. Not bad for almost 300k! I am a HONDA FAN! after owning this car."

can't ask for better

By on Friday, November 30, 2012

Pros: "she's a good dependable car"

Cons: "a little rust forming on the back door"

"I bought the car new. At 170,000 the transmission went. Everything else on the car is fine so i had the transmission rebuilt. Car gets 32 Highway and 25 city (4 banger). Original rear breaks, front pad replaced twice. With regular maintenance, this car will keep running for several more years."

Great car for Students !

By on Saturday, November 17, 2012

Pros: "cheap fix, Gas mileage, Interior, exterior"

Cons: "Transmission, SRS light,"

"I have owned my 2001 4dr accord ex for 6 months. When I bought it the transmission went out at 136000 and I got it completely rebuilt for 1800. 1200 for labor and 600 in parts. Other than that the car hasn't failed me yet everything is still in good condition . The motor feels really strong. I feels like it has more acceleration than other accords and I was told it is because its a ulev vtec motor. Keeping the maintnence up and waiting to see how long it lasts me. It also has the SRS light on and I heard its another commen thing on this car. Overally I think this is a very good car."

Reliable Car

By on Sunday, September 09, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, Dependable, Holds Value"

"I purchased this car new and have had absolutely no problems with it during my 12 years of ownership. I never strayed from the regular service schedule (okay, I was a little neurotic and got my oil changed sometimes at 4k miles instead of the recommended 7k). I have spent nothing more on it than regular maintenance. I am sad that I have to part with this car because I have outgrown it now that I have children. I have had an amazing run with this car and have nothing but positive reviews for it. When I first purchased this out of college my plan was to "run it into the ground" but it has outlived me instead! It performs just like the first day I drove it out of the dealership."

Good Car

By on Sunday, June 24, 2012

Pros: "Pretty Reliable"

Cons: "Paint discolors over time."

"I bought my 02 Accord brand new in 2001. Thinking this is a brand new "Honda"I almost rejected purchasing an extended warranty. I'm glad I did because the transmission went out. The warranty saved me a lot of money. Other than that, the car has been reliable and the body style is timeless. People are always asking me if I want to sale it. I plan on driving this car until the wheels fall off. I have approx 194,000 and we're still going strong."

10yrs plus with this Honda

By on Monday, January 30, 2012

Pros: "Doesnt Break down easy, Dependable"

"Im able to drive long distance without any problems with the car itself. MPG is really good for being an older car. We drive this car average of five plus hours daily...this is an amazing car. Perfect for family its very reliable, seats 5 comfortably. Worth every penny, its lasted a long time!"

I could not be more pleased with a car..

By on Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pros: "great price, very reliable, low maintainance"

Cons: "-"

"This car is so low maintainance. It still has all the power of a v6 at 230,000 miles and has awesome gas mileage. This is my second accord and surely not my last. I could not ask for a better car or more reasonable price. I have hardly had to put any money in repairs into this car."

My 3rd Accord since age 15, LOVE THEM!

By on Sunday, December 27, 2009

"There is one guy on here who keeps leaving bad reviews for this car, you know it's him, because he can't spell (the same words.) It is true there were some re-calls on these trannys. But not ALL of them are bad. And we all know, if you routinely maintenance your honda they will run FOREVER. (EX: change oil like your supposed to) My 01 Accord I bought in April, got home to realize mine did have a faulty tranny. Took to Honda dealership, sure enough, it was going bad. Called guy I bought from, he found warranty, had went out 3 weeks before selling to me. Thought I was just totally screwed. My uncle has an import shop and told me to call Honda headquarters because they care about their customers. Happy to report Honda put in a BRAND NEW tranny just to keep me happy with their products. If that isn't a company who cares about their customers, I don't know what is. My car runs like a dream (like all my hondas have) and for the way they treated me, I will ALWAYS stand behind Honda. ALWAYS. You can't go wrong with a Honda!!! -Shelly from Tulsa"

Ok it has 300000 miles on it by far the best car

By on Tuesday, August 19, 2014

"This car is the best I have ever owned. My first car was a 1951 ford just to give you some idea of how long I have been driving. This Honda is very reliable the tranny west out at 101K miles had it replaced about 10 years ago. Just maintenance since, the change oil every 3K and just try to maintain it. I bought a new 2012 ford certified fusion for my wife so far so good. I just purchased a 2013 Impala LTZ certified for myself want to keep and fix the old Honda bot we can't have 3 cars in a 2 person family. God I hate to see that car go but the time has come just hope the 2 new ones are half as good."

Great, reliable, comfortable, kept up car.

By on Monday, August 18, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage, roomy, and very reliable"

Cons: "I am not picky so I have no con's."

"This car has had 2 owners, my cousin and myself. Have all maintenance records from both of us. Very reliable as any car would be if you keep the them up. Oil changes done every 3,000 miles, belts changed, transmission flushed, new tires, and brakes where just put on back on 8-17-14, fronts done 3 months ago. Has a some scratches and a little ding on the back door driver side. I have have been very happy with this car. Need to upgrade into a more roomy vehicle."

Fantastic car

By on Thursday, April 24, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, excellent handling, great sound, classic"

Cons: "Side mirror location"

"Absolutely wonderful, comfortable, economical car. Not one problem with it the whole time I have owned it"

Good vehicle, very satisfied.

By on Saturday, April 19, 2014

"I have not had any major problems with my 2001, V6, Honda Accord EX-L. Alloy wheels It has run well, very comfortable riding with great suspension, very quite engine. It has a 6 CD changer, cassette tape deck and AM, FM radio."

Happy Honda Owner

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "excellent quality/value for a reasonable price"

Cons: "somewhat difficult to access the back seat"

"My 2000 Honda Accord coupe has been the best car I have ever driven. From the moment I sat in the driver's seat, I have been impressed with it's comfort and driving ease. I appreciate the stylish body of the coupe. It's a fun car to drive, responsive when you need it to be. I have always felt safe in my Accord.The only reason I am selling this vehicle after 14 years of driving pleasure is that I need four doors now. I have grandchildren and would greatly appreciate an easier way of utilizing the back seat! It's a tight squeeze, especially for adults, to access the back seat, although comfortable once you sit down."

Love my Honda !!!

By on Monday, February 24, 2014

Pros: "low maint., great engine"

Cons: "poor quality paint job for 1999 models"

"I got this a Honda accord DX 1999 with less than 50k miles on it. Overall great running car. Had transmission replaced cannot say for sure if I cause this problem as I had to use it like a cop car shifting gears back and forth once. I can say that I do know of two others that had transmission problems as well with their Honda's other makes. Kept good basic maintenance on car with oil changes and a product suggested to me called Lucus. This is an oil stabalizer used with oil changes.The engine ran very well ;some time I would get in the car running and attempt to start it up again because engine was so quite.. Once the car started randomly shutting down like it had some sort of electrical problem. This was corrected with replacing some plastic part within the starter; once corrected no more problems. The problem with this year (99) car is the paint job was lousy. My car look like acid has been poured on the top, hood and wear beginning to show on doors. I've seen and talked to others with the same identical paint problems. With my rack and pinion for power steering just replaced and four brand new tire guest what?. Car was totaled. I found the value to replace parts because the car on average was not a problem and engine still sound great. Loved My Honda . RIP !!!"

The most reliable car I ever owned!

By on Thursday, September 12, 2013

Pros: "reliability, service expenses, size, comfort"

Cons: "MPG, outdated design, engine performance"

"I bought this car used from a well maintained environment. All receipts, maintenance was performed by the same Honda dealership. I was confident to take her over with 105K miles in it. I drove an additional 80K miles with the car and kept maintaining by Honda. Compare to other brands Honda dealerships are not that expensive. Oil change with coupons below $30 so why take it anywhere else. I recently changed the timing belt, plugs, wires and valve adjustment and it slides like when I bought the car. The looks are getting outdated so I always play with the idea the upgrade my car, than I realize I drive it till the end whatever! If you can track the maintenance on the car, see the entire history this is the car to buy. Buy it from a matured owner and you will get a vehicle that will take you up to 300K miles. They had a major recall on the transmission and there is a chat on the blogs about it but I never experienced anything bad so far. Of course I change the transmission oil in every 30K miles!"

great auto!!

By on Sunday, March 31, 2013

"I've owned 5 of this model automobile. All have been great except that the need to replace the timing belt at a certin milage is an awful thing. After replacing it on my last Accord, we had oil leaks constantly and had to get rid of it beacuse it wasn't safe to take on a long trip. It had very little trade-in value even though we bought the same model again!! That's been my major complaint on each car. Otherwise, the've been great"

I Love this car

By on Monday, July 02, 2012

Pros: "Suspension, Controls, Dependability"

"I have the 2000 Honda Accord EX V6 (Signet Silver) I bought this car used in 09, This is my first car and i have had it for 3 years now. It is very dependable for me to travel in going to college (Highway 120 mile trip). My leaher seats are still in perfect condtion (no cracks). And i love that it does not have a antennae (easy for car wash), it has satelite radio but not XM radio and GREAY suspension. I have steering wheel controls to my radio, and garage opener controls. It really offers a lot for a vehicle it's age. I would would recommend this car to anyone for a first vehicle!"

Great Old car!

By on Thursday, June 21, 2012

Pros: "Great handling, decent performance and great milea"

Cons: "Nothing noted"

"My car is a 2000 EX, MT with 160K miles. Owned since new and after 12 years, the car still drives great. It has some small scratches here and there, but overhall looks good for a car of that vintage. The single most expensive cost of ownership of this car has been tires. I have been running Bridgestone Potenza's, since I removed the original Michelin's 140K miles ago. Replaced battery 3 times, timing belt, water pump, plugs/wires, cap/rotor, several oil changes (every 3K)replaced brakes at 110K miles (still had significant pad remaining). Original suspension, alternator, starter, clutch. Car has been great. I have been looking for something to replace it with, but how can you replace a car that is soooo dependable and fuel efficient (35MPH hwy). I'm going to look at the 2013 Accord, but I'm not sure I want to part with $30K, just to have a new car."

Fantastic car

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "Dependable"

Cons: "Too old to have XM radio standard"

"I bought this car new in 2000. My goal was to keep it 15 years, it looks like we'll make that easily. This car is reliable, comfortable, easy to drive and oh yeah, did I mention, RELIABLE. This was my first Honda, but will not be my last. Eventhough this car is 12 years old it still looks amazing."

Great service and reliability

By on Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pros: "Constant compliments"

Cons: "only one power outlet"

"Bought with 59 k and not a lick of trouble. All maintenance done. Consistant 28 to 30 mpg highway. Honda is a great product."

Very solid midsize car

By on Sunday, January 08, 2012

Pros: "good mileage, easy to work on, very reliable"

Cons: "cant think of any."

"Our Accord has been very reliable. No maintenance surprises. I have kept up on oil changes, replacing the timing belt and brake service and it keeps going. The only thing that stopped working was the power moon roof will not fully open anymore. Everything else after 275k still works! and it is still very reliable."

great car!!

By on Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Pros: "very economical to drive!"

Cons: "Back seat isn't comfortable on long trips."

"Great practical car! Routine maintainence and minor repairs are all I've had to do. I bought it new in 2000 and drive it daily. A great car for the money! Good gas mileage too!"

great car for value; extremely dependable

By on Monday, November 28, 2011

Pros: "handles great; accelerates well; low maint."

Cons: "a few scrapes; needs brakes"

"gave me lots of good service at low maintenance cost. Should run ok for next 75,000 miles; only 2 sets of brakes in car's lifetime"

132000-199000 miles in 2 years and no mech issues!

By on Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pros: "Holds it's value and is extremely dependable car!"

Cons: "None!"

"Bought a 1998 honda accord ex with 132000 miles on it to commute to work (150m a day) in 2009. 2 years and 70000 miles later - I'm a believer! All I did was regular oil changes (Valvoline) and regular maintenance (timing belt when mileage recommended it). Other than that I have only replaced brakes/rotors - normal wear tear items. Car runs great! Unbelievable! Everthing interior wise still operates perfectly also. Moonroof, AC/Heat, power seats, interior lights, etc. Still averages 29mpg hwy. I don't think I will ever get rid of this car!"

By on Thursday, August 13, 2009

"The engines in these cars are almost bulletproof, although the transmissions are fragile I've owned my 99 accord for about 5 years now and i'm on my 2nd tranny"