1999 Honda Accord

Based on 1657 Ratings for the 1998 - 2002 models.

Outstanding Value

By on Sunday, July 08, 2007

"I bought this vehicle with 70k miles on and have put 80k more on it. I have had NO major issues at all with the car. Looks great, runs great, and very comfortable. The passenger seat is not power in mine so I took one star off of comfort just to be picky. Great car!"

Easily the best car I have ever owned

By on Thursday, June 28, 2012

Pros: "reliability, gas mileage (28 hwy), peppy for a 4 c"

"I purchased this car used with 19k miles. I have put 190k on this car over 8 years. The only thing I have had to do this car other than routine stuff (oil change, brakes) is the timing belt/water pump at 120k which is basically routine as it should be done and the right upper control arm at 200k. So in 8 years I have put less than $1k into repairs. Car still has the factory spark plugs as my mechanic says to leave them in as they are firing fine. No doubt in my mind that I can easily get 50-60k more out of this car if I want."

Just Keeps going

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "low maintenance, dependable, decent gas mileage"

Cons: "99-02 known for trans issues if not maint. prop."

"This car is low maintanence and very reliable. Only thing I have done to this car is regular routine maintence such as timing belts every 100k,transmission fluid every 30k, oil every 5k (synthetic) and belts. All same original parts. At almost 300k she still drives like new. Look foward to another 200k at least. I know some think thats crazy but after owning a 92 and selling at 450k miles and she is still running I know that this is very much possible with proper maintanence."

My second Accord

By on Wednesday, September 26, 2007

"My first Accord was an 88 LXi and I bought this one(2001 LX) new from the dealer. My experience has been excellent. No problems at all with 65K miles. My only complaint is there isn't enough power in the 2001 I4. I have found that with Accords though, or any car, if you do all the maintenance on time, it will last forever. I am looking to purchase the new 2008 Accord because I like the new styling and features...not sure if the V6 is worth the money. But Honda definitely has a customer for life here."

Pleasant to drive, bulletproof reliability

By on Friday, April 03, 2015

Pros: "Reliable, roomy, safe, a joy to drive, no rust yet"

Cons: "Noisy cabin on the highway, just okay gas mileage"

"Bought this car new in 2002, and have had no major problems with it. It is wonderful to drive, light and precise steering and great visibility all around. There is a real precision to this car's handling that you notice when you drive another car. Seamless automatic transmission. With the right tires it handles snow quite well. The only repair work I have had done (this does not include regular maintenance items such as brakes, tires, etc.) was the hood release (stretched cable), and a door handle (latch mechanism). I maintain it well and drive it easy. I'm 6'3", find the seats quite comfortable. Great highway car, effortless cruiser that tracks straight and true. Huge gas tank gives it about a 500 mile range. My gripes are minor, and they are road noise at speed (on less-than-perfect highways the cabin can be loud), and somewhat disappointing mileage. I do keep aggressive rubber on it, but my average mpg is 21-22 mpg in winter, and 22-24 in summer. Best I ever saw was 31 mpg on a road trip, just once in optimum conditions with somewhat worn tires. It's usually 26-28 mpg highway. That is close to the 23/30 EPA numbers I suppose but not up to the more modern models. I plan to keep this car a few more years. All three of my brothers have or have had Accords, and all have similar stories to tell. (The one that no longer has an Accord has a CRV.)"