1998 Honda Accord

Based on 1671 Ratings for the 1998 - 2002 models.

2002 Transmission Problem

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pros: "Excellent handling/speed/fun to drive"

Cons: "2002 Transmission issues"

"I am told that the transmissions in the Honda 2002 era are problematic. My 2002 Honda Ex Accord V6 is great in every other way and I have enjoyed owning it. I would give it a much higher rating if the transmission were not going out. The tranny began slipping about 18 months ago, but I am still driving it. The slipping is limited to just the time between 1st & 2nd gear or when I slow down and almost stop, but need to speed back up again (ie: stopping for a red light that turns green before I come to a complete stop). I have put about 10k miles on it since I first noticed the problem and took it to a transmission shop for an opinion. It is still very drivable if driven softly. I think it will last another year, but will replace it before that time is up. I already have a new owner lined-up (family member/gift) and he is fully aware of the transmission problem but knows that the gifted car is well worth the upcoming repair costs."

Great Car !Saved my life

By on Thursday, August 15, 2013

"Was hit the on the driver passanger door & rear by a flat bed tractor trailor truck twice & crossed 3 lanes of trafic & hit guard rail. Only bruces. Insurance would not total it so we had it fixed & I'm still driving it 10 years later. Drives just as good as it did new. Had bought for 5 star safty & v6. Both have paid off. Drives Great ! Planning on keeping it until it falls apart. So far only regular maitance required. No major work done at all. I still enjoy driving it! Drive it everywhere I go. I had no idea that I would still love it after this many years."

Awesome car - 300,000 miles on it and still going

By on Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Pros: "Great value, long lasting"

"I love this car and wish Honda made the Accord in this style again. It is the most relible car I ever owned. Still driving it back and forth to work daily."

Best car ever made in my opinion

By on Sunday, July 07, 2013

Pros: "Interior comfort, ease of use controls, mpg"

"I'm going to admit I used to be a Ford lover, have owned a countless number of Ford vehicles and now have moved onto my new obsession, Honda! The first time I drove the Accord is was like first class compared to my previous 97 Ford Escort wagon. I had to replace nearly every component on the Ford even though I took very very good care of it, it still rotted away. This Honda I bought with low miles and I know it'll last forever. It runs beautifully, the dealer I got it from serviced it and oiled the underneath because up here Salt is a very big problem, it only has a 1" surface bubble which I plan on sanding down and re-painting, (The right way). I just love the interior comfort, I'm a big guy 6'5" and the escort was ridiculously small but economical I drive a LOT so need a reliable car with great gas mileage, this one is almost 2 times larger than the Escort it seems and gets BETTER gas mileage, go HONDA!"

Not the best looker, but great value for the money

By on Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Reason: Wrecked and totalled car. I had to sell it for parts.

Pros: "Great price, great value, great steering"

"I would totally get another 99 Accord when I get another vehicle! If it wasn't for that crash I was in, I expected the car to last another few years and possibly a hundred more thousand miles! Granted, the car wasn't the best looker (I mean, it's not the newest, most techy thing out there), but on a tight budget, it has GREAT value for the money! The parts and mechanics for the car wasn't too bad either. If you keep this car well maintained, you will have a great car for many years!"