1997 Honda Accord

Based on 812 Ratings for the 1994 - 1997 models.

GREAT 1995 HONDA ACCORD EX !!!

By on Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pros: "GREAT OVERALL CAR"

"I bought this car brand new in 1995 and I have NEVER regretted it! I saw this cashmere colored car in the showroom (2-door coupe) and just had to have it. Needless to say, it has stood up to Honda's reliability record. I finally decided to buy a new 2010 Honda Accord EX-L last year, and kept the 1995 Honda as a 2nd car. I actually feel like the 1995 Honda has a smoother ride than the 2010 Honda. I hope to continue to keep the older Honda and put at least another 150,000 miles on it !! (At least 5 people have asked me if I want to sell the 1995 Honda, and I tell them i'm not ready yet!)"

Dependable, Reliable, Great Vehicle! Love it!

By on Saturday, October 22, 2011

Pros: "Great mileage, safe, dependable"

Cons: "I need to have the rear leather seats repaired!"

"Love this car, bought new in 1996, always took it to the dealership for all maintenance. Thankfully bought an extended warranty because at 500 miles before it expired in 2003, I needed a new transmission. Saved me a bundle of money so I don't know if I'd feel the same now had I not gotten that warranty. This car is great and a perfect one to hand down or purchase for a 16 year old. It has 258,000 miles on it, runs like a dream. When you look at the price of new cars, I don't mind spending the money to keep this one running a while longer."

Great car for the long haul

By on Tuesday, January 26, 2010

"I bought this car 4 years ago when I needed a new car in a pinch for less than $3,000 and had great gas mileage (I was moving to Chicago and would be traveling to Ohio a lot). I worked as a photojournalist for 3 years and drove a lot of miles everyday, this car stood up to the test for the most part. I drove 60,000 miles on it in the past 4 years (it is not at 160,000) and doesn't seem to be slowing down anytime soon. I had to replace a lot of parts (battery, struts, etc) but it's an older car so it's expected. I would highly, highly recommed this car to new drivers or anyone traveling a lot. Not a ton of space, I tried two carseats in the back with my friend's two kids and it was way crowded. Good for a single person, or maybe a couple without too many suitcases. The storage is okay, but the cupholders are not desirable at all. The leather on the side where the auto car windows/locks are started to peel and can't be replaced because it's older."

All around A great Car

By on Tuesday, November 24, 2009

"I have a 95 Honda Accord LX sedan with a 4 cylinder engine. I don't know that I will ever depart ways with this car. Currently I have a little over 214,000 miles on this engine, the most miles I have ever recorded on a car. The odometer had to be replaced at about 170,000 and now my "new" odemeter records 43,000. And the front end drive axil had to be replaced but this is expected. After a $1200 bill, your back in business. The key to longevity with any car is routine oil changes, maintenance and drive the car with care. Avoid the potholes, as they will tear up the alignment. I bought this car used with about 30k miles and have owned it for about 14 years. I've owned other Hondas and had reluctently sold them, and then wanting them back. One was an '82 Prelude. This is one car that is not for sale ever. I have another 83,000 miles to put on the engine before I reach what others have stated they have to bring mine to 300,000 miles. Hondas are built to take the miles with fuel efficiency."

Great Car for the value

By on Tuesday, June 09, 2009

"I bought my 1994 Honda Accord DX more than fourteen years ago....very reliable and great looking car too. It has a very low mileage under 60,000 (I'm not kidding) and only been driven to work and errands for the most part...that explained why the mileage is so UNBELIEVABLY LOW. Always have it serviced at the dealer for schedule maintenance until this year, I'm just having my local mechanic to service it to save some money. My only regrets after hearing all the positive testimonals from all loyal Accord's owners, is that I haven't driven my 94 Accord for a truly long distance road trip...well, I'm going to try and take her for a long long drive this summer to Bloomington, IN. I'm confident that she will keep up with me and keep on running for many more years to come."

I love this car ! My friends sold it to me.

By on Sunday, May 04, 2014

Pros: "Great price, moon roof electric sliding-so nice"

Cons: "Not sporty-no air bags"

"I had a truck that I sold. My friends wanted me to have their extra car. So comfortable. I have replaced the muffler, A/C, tires. I've had it 3+ yrs. Great buy and it will go on forever (I'm told!) I bought it when it had 198K miles on it. It only has 208K now. ...and that is in 3yrs. 8 months!"

This is my first vehicle and i absolutely LOVE it.

By on Friday, November 15, 2013

Pros: "reliable, easy to drive, good on gas"

"being my first vehicle, I had to buy an older model. This worried me, but after purchasing my Accord I find it safe to say that I love my car and will only be buying accords from now on. it is safe, has great gas mileage, and will run for many more miles as long as it is taken care of. the engine is easy to learn how to work on on your own, and repairs are affordable (when you even need one!) I love how the windshield and rear window are both so large, it really adds to the car. And if you really need it, it can really get up and go!"

awesome first car for new driver

By on Monday, December 05, 2011

Pros: "grate first car thats easy"

Cons: "people will like the car and might try to brake in"

"very well taken care of for the age and mileage. 17'wheels gunmetal gray in color, new timing belt,water pump,oil pump,crank seal,cam seal,balancing shaft seal,new radiator, cool air intake, power everything with sun roof. 7' touch screen head unit with navagtion,cd,dvd,memory card, bluetooh capabilities, 5 1/2 twiters in fornt doors 2 kenwood 3 way 6 by 9 speakers in the rear and a 12' sub in the trunk thats dynomatted"

Great Car!!

By on Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Pros: "Retains Value over time; Very Dependable"

Cons: "Expensive Parts"

"This car is 14 years old and only has minor flaws. Very dependable and still great looking. I love Honda Accords, this is not my first one, and not my last."

The best car ever!

By on Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pros: "great price, fun, roomy"

Cons: "cup holders would be nice in the back seat"

"I love my car. I paid only $6000 for it and it is still going strong! Great reliable car that will easily make it passed the 300000 mile mark! Great investment! Thank you Honda!"