1997 Honda Accord

Based on 785 Ratings for the 1994 - 1997 models.

Best car for the money!

By on Friday, January 24, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive and great on gas"

Cons: "None!"

"The motor will last 300,000 miles if taken care of. Good resale value and easy to work on! The interior is uncluttered and has very comfortable seats. There is nothing about this car I dont like."

Best Car I have ever owned in my 65 years

By on Friday, January 24, 2014

Pros: "I own it"

Cons: "old and may need more repair for small problems"

"Car turns twenty next month. Has over 492000 miles and still going strong. Gets 31 miles to gallon. Original engine. Has new interior and paint job. Has had new electrical and cooling system. Also needed one new lug bolt."

Love It-Wish it was newer.

By on Thursday, January 23, 2014

Pros: "Its all good."

"I bought this car for my sales job three years ago with 177,000 miles on it and it now has 240,000. I have only changed some hoses and brakes. It is a work horse. The body style never ages and although it is 18 years old I am still told by mechanics it is still a baby."

Fun to drive

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Cup holders are too small"

"Very easy to drive and park. Seats are above average."

Great car 18 and going strong

By on Thursday, January 09, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage"

Cons: "Noisy engine"

"This is my daily driver to keep the miles off my leased car. It has been a great car so far. It's hard to believe this car was made only made 7 years after I graduated high school and it's still going!"

Perfect condition

By on Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Pros: "I will."

Cons: "Color."

"the car is in good condition."

My most trusted steed on wheels!

By on Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Pros: "Great Quality Drive; Ageless Beauty; a True Value"

Cons: "Lack of security system; few disfunctional quirks"

"Bought new nearly 20 yrs. ago and have been fully satisfied with it ever since. Has exceptional turning radius, incredibly versatile, easy to adjust/customize seats for impeccable viewing/safety and comfort. Economical and easy to run & maintain. Has always earned my confidence and proven to be an excellent investment in reliable quality transportation. Lots of Fun to drive too! Will continue to drive for many years to come & will be proud to put Antique License plates on this trusty sedan in about 5 yrs. I fully endorse this as the most exceptional vehicle I've ever owned."

unbeatable reliability

By on Saturday, November 30, 2013

Pros: "great camping vehicle, good gas mileage,"

Cons: "low to ground, remote door locks"

"No engine, trans, problems. just routine maint....changed timing belt every 75K, adjust valves every 100K, 1 new starter, no alternator replaced, factory battery 6 yrs 125K,...replaced radiator and cooling fans, distributor gasket replaced...speed sensor for cruise control and speedo new....rack and pinion seal leaks...2 set of front rotors..no calipers....GREAT CAR..station wagon was only built for 3 yrs...bigger...rear seat folds down."

1996 Accord Reliable, FUN, accelerates & a keeper!

By on Saturday, November 23, 2013

Cons: "improve lumbar support raise driver seat; leg room"

"This car is great. My only two wishes are for more leg room in the back seat because my kids are 6' with long legs; and for better support in the front driver's seat: I sit too low and on long trips even the lumbar support is weak. Other than that I LOVE my 1996 Honda Accord which has never let me down mechanically. The navigation system is one of the best ever made; with annual updates ensuring I get where I want to go."

I love this car! 32 hwy, reliable, fun to drive

By on Monday, November 18, 2013

Pros: "32 hwy, reliable, comfortable, no rust!"

Cons: "cruise control dosn't work, ABS sensor is broken"

"This car has been awesome for me! I love everything about it. The radio and air control is simple to use, nothing fancy or distracting. For an almost 18 year old vehicle it gets great gas mileage, 32 hwy from it's 2.2 liter vtec engine. It has a 5-speed manual transmission which makes it fun to drive and it handles really well. The only thing wrong with the car is that the cruise control broke a few months ago & the ABS sensor is broken so the light comes on occasionally, which is the only light on the dashboard. It's very comfortable and is a great road trip car. Overall, my 95 Accord is an amazing car in every way and I won't ever sell it. I'm very happy with this car!"

Was my first new car

By on Monday, November 18, 2013

"Go this car new in May 1996 was my primary car until 2012. In 2009 I had to replace both axles CV joints leaking because of age in 2010 replaced the front and rear struts worn out other than that the car has given me no problems it now has 245,000 miles on it. And now looking to buy a new accord in 2014"

This is my first vehicle and i absolutely LOVE it.

By on Friday, November 15, 2013

Pros: "reliable, easy to drive, good on gas"

"being my first vehicle, I had to buy an older model. This worried me, but after purchasing my Accord I find it safe to say that I love my car and will only be buying accords from now on. it is safe, has great gas mileage, and will run for many more miles as long as it is taken care of. the engine is easy to learn how to work on on your own, and repairs are affordable (when you even need one!) I love how the windshield and rear window are both so large, it really adds to the car. And if you really need it, it can really get up and go!"

Unbelievably reliable in all respects

By on Thursday, November 07, 2013

Pros: "Great car, great price, just a wonder"

Cons: "none considering the year and model"

"Bought this car new in 1997. Have taken many road trips up and down the coast, with family living in Seattle. We've always done the pre-maintenance; minor tune ups, oil changes, etc. Never had any unreasonable costs for upkeep, always good mileage. Our only challenge now is that we'd like to buy a new model with some updated features; however, we've fallen in love with this 15 year old (from whom we've never had not one minutes' worth of trouble) - and it is hard to let go. It seems wasteful to give her up just yet... Arggh, What to do?!?"

My CD5

By on Sunday, October 20, 2013

Pros: "Fuel Economy, Roomy, Engine Longevity."

Cons: "Cup holder placement, Plenty of Ricer versions."

"I had my doubts with this car, but over all, I love my CD5! 280000 Miles and still running like a top! I won't doubt the longevity of a Honda ever again. Awesome car."

I feel this car was made on new years day.

By on Thursday, October 17, 2013

Pros: "good gas mileage"

Cons: "very expensive repairs"

"I traded my 11 1/2 yr old Olds that I never had a problem with until the last 3 months that I had, in for a 95 Honda Accord. Thought I had made a good decision because it was a Honda. This car has a very thick rind on it. I will never buy another used Honda."

Thinks it's a sports car

By on Thursday, October 03, 2013

Pros: "cheap, common, easily modified, fun to drive, fast"

Cons: "rough ride, small, 1 cup holder, jerky clutch"

"I bought this car off my aunt with 100,000 miles on the odometer. She bought it new in 1997 and handed me over all service records which there were remarkably few of. Through the course of driving it another 30,000, which I didn't expect out of an old car, I never needed to repair it. Above all, I noticed that this car performs better than most 4 cylinder FWD cars do. With 16 overhead valves and a five-speed manual, I never had a problem with power in the take-off. The suspension, although quite rough, lets the car handle like a race car through turns, even though it makes for a slightly less comfortable ride. The Accord is a car that looks plain, but drives very nice. I would recommend it for tuners or first-time drivers, as it is very easy to modify and repair and is surprisingly fun to drive while being easy on the mileage at the same time."

Very reliable and economical

By on Friday, September 20, 2013

Pros: "parts are cheap, great mileage, reliable"

Cons: "1 12v socket"

"I got this car 2 yrs./ 30,000 miles ago. Since then I have done very little work to it. I have kept it regularly serviced and have only needed to change the normal wear items on it. In my budget I figure 10 cents/mi for my vehicle maintenance and this one has done closer to 5 cents for me. Very pleased and would recommend it to anyone."

Its a great car like brand new

By on Saturday, September 14, 2013

Pros: "everything on it's good no leaks or anything"

Cons: "cd player good interior"

accord 45 5spd

"Great car would drive it to the mooon if I coudld. asking 4700"

accord 45 5spd

i love this car would love to keep as airloom to

By on Friday, August 16, 2013

Pros: "great fuel economy"

Cons: "small not to fast 4 cylinder"

"keep teach progeny the mechanics of manual driving only I am out growing the vehicle so if I get a comparable trade worth while that's the only way I'll let Hodgson Afriyie go."

Original owner and I still enjoy driving my Accord

By on Saturday, August 10, 2013

Pros: "Everything I wanted and could afford 18 years ago."

Cons: "Leather has cracked from sitting in the sun."

"I have loved this car since the day we got it to the present. But after 18 years it is looking a little worn from time. I have it hand waxed once a year and on several occasions people have shown interest in buying it. I always say why would I sell a perfect driving car that only requires a tune-up once a year."

Like a brand new car

By on Monday, July 29, 2013

Pros: "Less plastic than new ones today, fun to drive,"

Cons: "A little slow but not bad, nothing bad to say."

"This car is not my car but it's my brother car and I happen to find the car for sale online for him. He brought this accord EX with a 2.2 liter engine from a old lady that was the first owner for 17 years and only drove about 1500 miles a year. He brought the accord a month and half ago with only 32295 miles yes 32295 miles not 322,000 miles. We thought its was a typo about the miles but it not and the car sit in the garage for 17 years hardly been outside and the paint looks brand new and inside looks brand new no wear and tear anywhere on the car. For the last one month my brother has put the most miles on it for the first time about 700 miles never been driven that much. The previous owner did a really good job on oil change and other services oil change was change every four and five months and she did very good on keeping the car very clean. I just change the oil, change the fluids for auto transmission, change the brake and power steering fluids so it's like a brand new car now. It's need four new tires because the tires is 12 years old with 15000 miles on it. The transmission has a Little bit of a hard shift like a sport shift but it's normal for the 94 to 97 accord to shift like that I drove other accord and some have the same kind of shift and some are shifting bad due to lack of services to transmission. My brother and I have no worries about this accord and he very lucky to find this car with that low miles and very well kept. He been getting 24 and 25 mpg in city and around 30 on highway one time but it's was heavy traffic with some stop and go so he could get 35 on highway with less stopping. It's like we went back to 1996 to buy the accord in a time machine and brought it to year 2013. This is a great car to keep for a very long time I just hope there always parts available. If you are looking for a accord make sure it's has a good services records like oil changes and transmission fluid changes because it's a very good car to keep and always keep the car wax two or three times a year because I notice the older accord have a small problem with the paint but my brother accord not showing signs of problem with paint because been inside a lot. He loves this car and it's paid for and I might buy its from him someday because it's rare to find a car with low miles."

Great first car or any car!

By on Saturday, July 27, 2013

Pros: "A nice looking car with a bit of pickup!"

"When I first got this car I thought it was stupid for a first car. I have never been so happy to be so wrong, this car is a fun and fast little car and easy to customize. I had the SE model and loved it. It's looks aren't too bad and it does have quite a bit of power and speed with a cold air intake (Also helped with the gas 38 mpg!). Also if you are wondering, oh dear lord is it reliable I think total I put about $500 in it, for the 5 years I owned it from 123,000 miles, including breaks, the other stuff was the flex pipe and muffler rusting off. Sadly the car was in an accident, a hit in the rear right wheel area, with 3 of my friends in it... The car was totaled, but no one got hurt, at all! Considering we were hit by a large truck, it is amazing! I would recommend this car to anyone especially as a first car."

Reliable workhorse

By on Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Pros: "Mechanical reliability"

Cons: "AC fails, paint discoloration, interior fragile"

"Pros: * My car has over 170,000 miles. I'm driving it every day for the past 14 years with no major mechanical issues. I did replace the starter, clutch, oxygen sensors, cracked hoses and such, but I would consider these repairs "normal wear and tear". Cons: * Air conditioner is dead for many years now. I once spent $500 to fix it, but it broke a few months later. There appears to be an issue with AC design on this car. * After 10 years, the paint started to turn whitish in spots. Seems to be from exposure to sun light. I see the same issue on many other cars the same age as mine. I park the car in the drive way. * The right arm rest is not strong enough. Original arm rest broke. I replaced it, but it seems to be ready to break again."

Love it

By on Monday, April 29, 2013

Pros: "best car in world"

Cons: "dont get automatic honda to much trans problems"

"simple its the best car ive ever own its got 353,000 miles and u would never know it . i drive every day has never let me down. i got the 5speed verson i wouldnt own a automatic honda . this car gets easy 38-40mpg local without a problem and will flat fly with the vtec 2.2 motor. so sporty fast and awesome car all the way around"

A really great car

By on Thursday, April 25, 2013

Pros: "Excellent value, keeps on going!"

"This car just keeps on going! It's awesome. And great mileage. Roomy enough in both front and back. Not too large overall, a problem with some newer model years. Not luxurious but very workable and comfortable. Great sized and easy to access trunk. Love all the window glass--Honda has streamlined new 2013 models and taken away too much of the glass. I like seeing all the way around! Only have one glitch that is a problem in coastal climate winters- so I think is a problem for just this car, not the whole model year. --windows fog up inside and it takes turning on the air conditioner to get them clear, the heater defroster takes too long. This model year should be used as a baseline. Easy to maintain inside. Looks a little worn outside but just hard to give up a real winner."

See if you qualify for